Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 27, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £29.99 - £41.99 - £25

91cWOPWHFnL._SY445_.jpg

81TAwSTbWNL._SL1500_.jpgA11iGwW90CL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I would but this keeps happening!
I would but this keeps happening!
Taken with the front camera of my iPhone as when taken with back camera on it the upload was always too big. So not the best pic as I had to do it at an angle so screen doesn’t reflect on steelbook!

Attachments

• 15024B37-7559-4766-98E7-DFAD9309C012.jpeg
    15024B37-7559-4766-98E7-DFAD9309C012.jpeg
    962.7 KB · Views: 368
How do you know you will get it by 10am? Is that your normal Royal Mail delivery time? For me, it's anytime from about to 10:30am to 6:30pm (and, no I am not joking!). Mine is coming via Amazon Shipping, although whenever they quote a date 2-3 days in the future, it always seems to end up coming a day early! So, although mine is scheduled to come on Tuesday as well, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually came tomorrow. I received an item today that they said would be delivered tomorrow! Seems strange to complain about stuff coming earlier than expected, but sometimes for larger items it has been an issue for me - especially if I have been arranging for someone to be at home to receive it!!

The postie always arrives at 10am time. My building is probably the first drop of, of his run. Mine arrived in my city sunday lunch time, here is hoping I get it monday. I did try and get a amazon locker delivery but got told it was full, when I put in a pre order.

If I had the option of amazon prime delivery, sunday 1pm - 9pm or royal mail Monday 10am ish time, I would take royal mail.

Last edited:
...and yet none of you can share pics :whistle: :Snap:
Haha, I literally opened some parcels then went to work, haven't opened the actual steel yet, put one pic in the 'pic of your last steelbook' thread. It is nice, although its a bit darker than I expected it to be tbh.

Got my copy today, just after 10am. Had issues uploading pics from my phone to pc via usb cable, had to use one drive. Thought I had chipped paint under the females head, on the orange art but looking at the op's pick it should be like that. Set my mobile camera to 5mp, site said it was to large a file, so tried again at 3mp, plus exposure is at -3. Only way to see the writing from my picks.

Attachments

• IMG_20171127_110915.jpg
    IMG_20171127_110915.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 319
  • IMG_20171127_111019.jpg
    IMG_20171127_111019.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 302
  • IMG_20171127_111044.jpg
    IMG_20171127_111044.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 298
  • IMG_20171127_111127.jpg
    IMG_20171127_111127.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 281
  • IMG_20171127_111147.jpg
    IMG_20171127_111147.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 493
  • IMG_20171127_111216.jpg
    IMG_20171127_111216.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 305
The postie always arrives at 10am time. My building is probably the first drop of, of his run. Mine arrived in my city sunday lunch time, here is hoping I get it monday. I did try and get a amazon locker delivery but got told it was full, when I put in a pre order.

If I had the option of amazon prime delivery, sunday 1pm - 9pm or royal mail Monday 10am ish time, I would take royal mail.
You're lucky you can be pretty guaranteed of a time, then! Mine's just been for today - 4:15pm, which is fairly typical, but can be much earlier or even later.

Although mine is scheduled to come on Tuesday, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually came tomorrow. I received an item today that they said would be delivered tomorrow! Seems strange to complain about stuff coming earlier than expected, but sometimes for larger items it has been an issue for me - especially if I have been arranging for someone to be at home to receive it!!
Sure enough, it turned up today, a day earlier than advised! Very nice, though...

My copy arrived a few hours ago, in perfect condition. It probably helped that it was packed with a number of other items and so was sent in a well packed box.

Happy with the steel itself. Much nicer than I expected. :happy:

Got my damaged steelbook this afternoon from the postie, for whatever reason Amazon packaged it with a far heavier item in a large box with no packaging, end result, the front is dented and has a heavy crease down one side. Now got to send it back for a refund as it's sold out.

Hopefully FAC or another company will produce a 4k edition. Really not impressed with Amazon, seems like they have stopped putting steelbooks into good well designed protectors and are happy to offset the profit of shoddy packaging against more returns... luckily they only have one or two steelbook each year that catch my eye.

Got my damaged steelbook this afternoon from the postie, for whatever reason Amazon packaged it with a far heavier item in a large box with no packaging, end result, the front is dented and has a heavy crease down one side. Now got to send it back for a refund as it's sold out.

Hopefully FAC or another company will produce a 4k edition. Really not impressed with Amazon, seems like they have stopped putting steelbooks into good well designed protectors and are happy to offset the profit of shoddy packaging against more returns... luckily they only have one or two steelbook each year that catch my eye.

I have no idea if you are in the UK but HMV have this still: https://store.hmv.com/film-tv/blu-ray/valerian-and-the-city-of-a-thousand-planets-(2)

It looks like the Blu-Ray and 3D discs are Region B. How come Amazon UK has Region B whereas Zavvi has it as Region Free? They are both from UK. Now, I am concerned my Zavvi order turns up Region B :(

Someone on the BR forum email Zavvi asking if it was Region B and they reply that it was Region B and to return it.