Valkyria Chronicles 2 Megathread

Jan 29, 2009
The Japanese site for Valkyria Chronicles 2 is now live and full of new content. Of course, most of the content isn’t anything too special and is just the basic stuff that was announced by Famitsu earlier with some series information. There will be more military classes to take part in and there's a strong sense of school this time around. Players will also be given the option of playing with a friend or computer AI partner. Classes will no longer be preset. You'll have complete control over choosing your own battle class.

Thankfully, we now have official screens of the game to share with you, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
yah, but hey, if they are committed to making a psp version of the game, it can only be a good sign that they will be committed to making another ps3 version.

Don't be a hater. Valkyria Chronicles 2 may not be on the PS3 (or 360) as many had wished, but it certainly looks fine as-is on the PSP. Sega has done a remarkable job of recreating the look and, more importantly, gameplay of the original game. Considering the limited power of the PSP, we're positively surprised by the results.

With a brand new branching class system, and the promise of multiplayer, VC2 is shaping up to be the sequel we've all clamored for. Sure, it may not be in HD, but when was the last time you were able to play Valkyria Chronicles while on the toilet seat ... of an airplane? Check out another clip after the break.

source: joystiq.com/2009/09/10/valkyria-chronicles-2-gameplay-footage-looks-as-good-as-we-want/

Valkyria Chronicles II

Sega announced today that it will release Valkyria Chronicles II - the sequel to the PlayStation 3 strategy-RPG game –next summer exclusively on the PSP. The game will be released in North America and Europe.

Below is a bit of a teaser from Sega via the PlayStation Blog.

The year is 1937 EC.

Two years later, the ashes of the Second Europan war still glow in Gallia’s history. But even peace is a fragile happiness – and hearts that once fought side by side are not forever friends.

In the midst of this peace appears a group known as the Gallian Revolutionary Army, swearing to topple the current government – in a lightning fast coup, they arm themselves with the best of both Gallian technology and soldiers.

What was once a small but strong unified country is instantly plunged back onto the battlefield. But the day and age of the last war’s heroes is already fading out – with families to protect and children to raise, they are the ones who must now be protected. While numbers split and tensions rise, the spotlight shines to a handful of up-and-coming students at a Gallian Military Academy.

As civil war begins to rage across the country, morality and war clash with passion and ideals. But this time the distinction between blue and red is not so simple – nor will it ever be. Gallia once stood as a defiant beacon of hope against a giant empire… but can the country now defend against its own?

Valkyria Chronicles 2 Optimized for Data Install

Valkyria Chronicles 2 came out this week and one of the things that caught my attention while playing the game is that it has an option to do a game data’s install for both UMD and PSN version. This feature has become very common to other games specifically for the PSP or PlayStation 3 but we all know that these feature eases out the load times and make the game run smoother.

Before installing the game, make sure you have at least 500MB worth of space. Installing it is very worth it since you will have an awesome experience with this game. No long load times but expect a five minute wait for the game to install! We should expect the same thing for North American version of this game that is due to come out late this year. Check back with us soon for our hands-on impression!

Valkyria Chronicles II Demo Available on PSN Today

As Valkyria Chronicles II gets close to its August 31st release, we’d like to give you all a little sample of the game to try out and play for yourselves! If you’ve been wondering how Valkyria Chronicles II holds up to the first game, today you can experience the glory of getting those lovely headshots on a rebel (or ten) while on-the-go.

4877819007_aeb630b5c5_b.jpg

If you loved the first game, you’ll be glad to see that the feel of battle has been not only preserved, but also improved upon greatly. The new multi-field battle layout also adds another level of strategy, giving some missions a number of paths for you to send your squad through. Jeff and I also talked about the multiplayer in one of the recent blogs here, which offers both cooperative and competitive play in addition to the full RPG storyline.

Valkyria Chronicles II may be a PSP game in relation to its older PS3 brother, but trust me when I say not to take it lightly. This little gem not only manages to do justice to one of my favorite RPG Battle systems – ever – but also brings back the CANVAS system for a beautiful watercolor finish that looks just as good as it plays.

4877818617_79c8675310.jpg

Finally, I’d like to include one other confirmation here on the blog: We’ve added a few new exclusive items to the Western version of the game! Among the many stickers that you can get for your tank or vehicle, we’ve added in a few brand new ones that both old and new SEGA fans are sure to smile at. Those of you who loved the first game will also be happy to note that we’ve included a few original characters as unlockable Easter eggs, just like in the Japanese version.

ValkyriaChroniclesQA3.png

ValkyriaChroniclesQA4.png

ValkyriaChroniclesQA5.png

ValkyriaChroniclesQA6.png

ive never understood why devs refuse to make a trophy patch for older games (a la MGS4).

it wouldn't take them much time at all to make one, and it would only increase sales.

makes no sense :angry:

ive never understood why devs refuse to make a trophy patch for older games (a la MGS4).

it wouldn't take them much time at all to make one, and it would only increase sales.

makes no sense :angry:

I agree. Though they might not have been huge the sales for Unreal Tournament 3 climbed when their patch came out. ALL the copies in my area were gone for like 3 weeks. And i'd seen plenty of them around.

I agree. Though they might not have been huge the sales for Unreal Tournament 3 climbed when their patch came out. ALL the copies in my area were gone for like 3 weeks. And i'd seen plenty of them around.

right. and its not like VC was such a sales killer to being with. for how great the game was (top 5 on ps3 IMO), it sold like crap

Valkyria Chronicles 2 is getting a budget release shortly. But typical for Sega's recent budget releases, buyers will find some bonus content.

Sega will be including a separate video UMD with the following videos:

* "Memoirs From the Gallia Front Lines," a video that was included with the original as a pre-order bonus and serves as a recap of the events of the original Valkyria.
* A "special trailer" for Valkyria Chronicles 3, which is due for release on January 27.

In addition to the videos, Sega will be including product codes for downloading missions that have been selected by the producer.

2132427065.jpg

Interested in the extra goodies but not too fond of the hideous budget packaging? You won't have to look at the ugly Sega blue for long. The cover is reversible, and the flip side has a brand new illustration.

The Sega the Best version of Valkyria Chronicles 2 hits on December 9, priced at ¥2,940. A download version is also due for release at ¥2,600.

andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/24/valkyria2_budget/

Valkyria Chronicles II Community BliTZ Finale – DLC and Free Codes

Long time no see, everyone! It seems like only yesterday we were talking about the original Valkyria Chronicles, the Yakuza series, and the announcement of Valkyria Chronicles II for the west. Today, we’re proud to announce that our massive 22 Mission DLC Pack for Valkyria Chronicles II is going live this afternoon on the PlayStation Store, and you can pick it up at an awesome value of $4.99!

If you’ve been following our Community BLiTZ over on the SEGA blogs, we’ve been updating almost every day with free codes to unlock new characters and tank stickers in the game. Today, because we love you guys, we’ve teamed up with Jeff and the crew here at the PS. Blog to post our BLiTZ Finale exclusively here – and with it, four brand new codes for you to enjoy!

Many of these codes are exclusive to the western version of the game. You can find all four codes in the Lotte Insider’s linked here, and also below:

* Free Code #1: After Burner Climax Tank Sticker: C9SAGP8M7PJ84H5S
* Free Code #2: Resonance of Fate Tank Sticker: UJH5YB4Z7E33VCJT
* Free Code #3: Nei (Phantasy Star II) Tank Sticker: 9H1FHVBV2YAZE3A1
* Free Code #4: Unlockable Character Emelia (From Phantasy Star Portable:2), two new missions, and a Little Wing tank sticker: FSHL2DTP1EVB52AN

You can enter these codes in the Extras section from the title screen (under “Password”), and yes, they *are* case sensitive!

Those of you savvy about the Japanese release might have also noticed that instead of charging $1 or so per mission, as was the case there, we have bundled all 22 of today’s DLC missions together and then made the price about as awesome as possible, at $4.99 – a little thank you to everyone here in the west who did their part, and who continue to support the success of Valkyria Chronicles here in the US and across Europe. There are few to no communities greater than the Valkyria community in terms of massive support and dedication, in my eyes.

Thank you guys for making all of the hard work that each of our teams – from the developers in Japan all the way to our teams in the US and Europe – worth every ounce of effort.

For all of you who have been with us from the first day a little thing called the ‘Community BLiTZ’ began, to those of you who are just reading about this for the first time – thank you for sticking with us. If you’ve never experienced the glory of Valkyria Chronicles yet – and readers, back me up here in the comments if you agree – you owe it to yourself to check one of the PlayStation’s best exclusive franchises.

As the codes go out and the DLC finally goes live, we proclaim amidst the softening roar of tanks, the echoes of fading footsteps, and the settling dust, five words that for us contain both happiness and sadness:

The Community BLiTZ is complete!

blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/28/valkyria-chronicles-ii-community-blitz-finale-dlc-and-free-codes/#comments