Oct 9, 2019
Release date: October 15, 2021
Purchase link: Pretz-Media - Amazon DE
Price: €22.99
Notes: Limited Collector´s Edition, Booklet, English Subtitles

715T-9Vql4L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lenny Nero
The Carpenter one also gets a Mediabook release from 84 now and will come with the remastered version, so I will buy both ones and will take cover a of the 84-releases with the faces.

1632236014817.png

Last edited:
Never realised there was a part two!! Quick serach shows there is some 'pedigree' behind this - Dir. by Tommy Lee Wallace (IT Mini series, Fright Night 2 & Halloween 3). That said prior to making this movie he had graduated from horror to directing episodes of the Flipper TV show. Check out Bon Jovi front and centre!

Well, here's another German mediabook with just black pages of text, which is what I meant in the other topic. Still, has like 2 and a half photos, as dark and dimmed as they are (I guess they were 'HDR'ed' :spoil:) which is already better, than an amaray, and since I didn't have it on BD, preordered 'blind' expecting something like this.

It confirms it's very slim, just about 6 pages (well, spreads, actually 12-16 pages, before someone gets picky).

I used to really like the vampire character Una here, played by a Spanish actress, don't remember why, waiting for this disc to rewatch.

Last edited:
Reactions: komor
Well, here's another German mediabook with just black pages of text, which is what I meant in the other topic. Still, has like 2 and a half photos, as dark and dimmed as they are (I guess they were 'HDR'ed' :spoil:) which is already better, than an amaray, and since I didn't have it on BD, preordered 'blind' expecting something like this.

It confirms it's very slim, just about 6 pages (well, spreads, actually 12-16 pages, before someone gets picky).

I used to really like the vampire character Una here, played by a Spanish actress, don't remember why, waiting for this disc to rewatch.
Yes, this is a cheapo and the label isn´t known for the best Mediabooks. Atl least the cover has that leather something finish, that I prefer, because the image on them is as sharp as on the glossy ones, but the surface is scratch-resistant. It unites the advantages of both.
I also ordered it, because I have good memories of the movie and the first part was released as Mediabook as well. I had to bite the bullet and pay €40 for it (not the one I posted above - that´s the more expensive padded one), but both ones are missing in my collection. The first part comes remastered from 4K-scan and Muertos is on Blu-Ray for the first time so I had to get them. Good to see that the Muertos one looks better than I awaited it.

Last edited:
It confirms it's very slim, just about 6 pages (well, spreads, actually 12-16 pages, before someone gets picky)
I didn´t mean that it is slim, because it has not much pages. I meant the thickness of the spine. There´s normal Mediabooks with thick spine and Slim Mediabooks with thin spine.
Here a picture:
Inked Pictures Mediabook (above) and Xcess Slim Mediabook (below)
SAM_1902.JPG

I didn´t mean that it is slim, because it has not much pages. I meant the thickness of the spine. There´s normal Mediabooks with thick spine and Slim Mediabooks with thin spine.
Here a picture:
Inked Pictures Mediabook (above) and Xcess Slim Mediabook (below)

Yeah, I thought you probably meant something like that, but had to poke at that mediabook once more.
That thickness just depends on whether there's 1 or 2 plastic trays.

Both Mediabooks posted above come with the same matte finish. I first thought Muertos has a leather-kind of finish, but it´s the same as the 84-one.

I watched them both now and think the beginnings from both movies are made good and get you banned, but then both movies have too much lengths. The carpenter one has less places, but a better showdown and more violence.