Venom (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #52) [China]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: August 2019
Group buy: June 13, 2019 - HDN members will be able to order 1 of each boxset. Double Lenti - White Boxset - Black Boxset
Notes: limited edition 2000 copies.

DL WEA Steelbook 4K+ 2D
SL WEA Steelbook 4K+Bonus
Full Slip WWA steelbook A 4K only

Black boxset with all 3 edition above (DL+SL+FS A)

Full Slip WWA steelbook B 4K+Bonus
1/4 slip WEA steelbook 4K+2D

White Boxset with 2 editions above (FS B+1/4 slip)

venom-blufans-blackbox.jpgvenom-blufans-doublelenti.jpgvenom-blufans-lenti.jpgvenom-blufans-fullslip-a.jpg
venom-blufans-whitebox.jpgvenom-blufans-fullslip-b.jpgvenom-blufans-quarter.jpg
9a438038gy1fyuu7mk05uj21hu0u0k7k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow. Blufans does it again! Look at that gorgeous gloss and embossed title

Gonna be tough for FA to top that!

Edit: Didn’t even see the creative embossing of Venom’s eyes and tongue at first

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
That is the best Venom steelbook to date. I don't think that will be beaten.

I'm bored with seeing the half and half design and FA's is a stunning steelbook but this one is better.

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
Oh wow. Blufans does it again! Look at that gorgeous gloss and embossed title

Gonna be tough for FA to top that!

Edit: Didn’t even see the creative embossing of Venom’s eyes and tongue at first
@Skyarcke
Filmarena WEA E5A and E5B editions steelbook was released already in March 2019
In hand photos of that steelbook posted months ago in FAC thread
Same Fac filmarena WEA steelbook is in the FAC Slip E1-E4 editions been released in July

Unboxing videos of the filmarena WEA steelbook

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Skyarcke and harry
What was the total price of both boxsets via the group buy?

Just wondering if this will become a regular thing for future titles where they split between two boxes, keeping the quarter slip seperate, and throwing in WWA

The 1/4 wasn't separate here, it's in the white boxset.
We know the next BE isn't a two-boxset edition. Who knows after that.

The 1/4 wasn't separate here, it's in the white boxset.
We know the next BE isn't a two-boxset edition. Who knows after that.

Yea I know that, I meant it being seperate as in taken away from the regular one click set (and sometimes shipped alone) and put into another box going forward.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
All we know is how the Spider-Verse will handle it and the 1/4 is back to being alone there, outside of the boxset.
Venom may have been a trial run of sorts, or just an over abundance of art they could use on so many slips/lentis. It may never happen again.

Would you prefer the 2 boxsets become a regular thing?

• Haha
Reactions: St4rlord
All we know is how the Spider-Verse will handle it and the 1/4 is back to being alone there, outside of the boxset.
Venom may have been a trial run of sorts, or just an over abundance of art they could use on so many slips/lentis. It may never happen again.

Would you prefer the 2 boxsets become a regular thing?

No I don't think so. I think keeping the WWA away from the WEA releases it gives you broader buying options in selecting the editions you want.
Sometimes people just want a WWA without a slipcover on it to see the artwork displayed as it is, sealed or unsealed.

Blufans current format with the one click set is nice. Sometimes the quarter comes with it, sometimes not, but boxes are consistent
and much like the general WWAs you have a WEA to display without a slipcover too (the quarter slip).
Also another obvious reason is that two boxes drives up price, but we have option not to buy both but of course.
I just think the White Box with Fullslip B OAB is unnecessary, but unfortunately the only way to obtain the quarter slip.

It looked really appealing at first but I think my current preference are sets containing three main slips and then having the quarter slip separate, but if Venom is just a one of then that's absolutely fine.

Any idea of how much both boxsets did cost, total price, via the Group Buy?

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
No I don't think so. I think keeping the WWA away from the WEA releases it gives you broader buying options in selecting the editions you want.
Sometimes people just want a WWA without a slipcover on it to see the artwork displayed as it is, sealed or unsealed.

Blufans current format with the one click set is nice. Sometimes the quarter comes with it, sometimes not, but boxes are consistent
and much like the general WWAs you have a WEA to display without a slipcover too (the quarter slip).
Also another obvious reason is that two boxes drives up price, but we have option not to buy both but of course.
I just think the White Box with Fullslip B OAB is unnecessary, but unfortunately the only way to obtain the quarter slip.

It looked really appealing at first but I think my current preference are sets containing three main slips and then having the quarter slip separate, but if Venom is just a one of then that's absolutely fine.

Any idea of how much both boxsets did cost, total price, via the Group Buy?
For now it's a one off. Also consider 1/4 is only included in (some) Marvels.
Both boxsets were $340.