Venom (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

huggy2k4

Premium Supporter
Jun 8, 2012
Hull, England
Release date: February 4, 2019
Purchase links: HMV - Zoom - Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £29.99
Note: Limited Edition 4K Ultra HD Steelbook includes 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and additional Blu-ray Bonus Disc

01-468017.jpg

02-468017.png
02-468017.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
I have worries of this being sh!t but still want to see it. I was hoping it’s going to be very violent like Logan, not even looked at the age rating yet

Can’t be any worse than Spider-Man 3 version so I’ll happily see it. Plus not really possible steelbook it’s pretty much guaranteed

So people have who have seen the movie keep mentioning it's as bad as Catwoman and Fantastic 4 (the Miles Teller version).
Were those worse than Spider-Man 3?

I planned on skipping this anyway but the reviews have justified that decision

The fact that's it's been confirmed it won't in any way link to the MCU means I can ignore its existence like I did with the last Fantastic Four Film

I have worries of this being sh!t but still want to see it. I was hoping it’s going to be very violent like Logan, not even looked at the age rating yet
15 here but only PG-13 in US, so definitely not as violent as Logan or Deadpool. BBFC insight makes it sound like it could be pushing the Boundary of PG-13/R though:
VENOM is a US sci-fi action fantasy in which alien organisms are brought back to Earth.

THREAT
There are a number of sequences in which people are threatened and attacked by the alien organisms, or by people into whose bodies the aliens have entered.

Horror sequences include the alien organisms entering people's bodies, causing their limbs to distort and their bones to crack. There is sight of injury detail, including protruding bones

VIOLENCE
Stronger moments of violence include people being impaled by the alien organisms, sometimes with bloody detail, and people being eaten by the aliens. There is also moderate action violence throughout, including heavy punches, kicks and other blows as well as use of tasers.

There is also infrequent strong language ('f**k'), alongside milder bad language (eg '*****', '****'). There are sequences in which live animals appear to be eaten but no animals were harmed in the making of the film.

15 here but only PG-13 in US, so definitely not as violent as Logan or Deadpool. BBFC insight makes it sound like it could be pushing the Boundary of PG-13/R though:
VENOM is a US sci-fi action fantasy in which alien organisms are brought back to Earth.

THREAT
There are a number of sequences in which people are threatened and attacked by the alien organisms, or by people into whose bodies the aliens have entered.

Horror sequences include the alien organisms entering people's bodies, causing their limbs to distort and their bones to crack. There is sight of injury detail, including protruding bones

VIOLENCE
Stronger moments of violence include people being impaled by the alien organisms, sometimes with bloody detail, and people being eaten by the aliens. There is also moderate action violence throughout, including heavy punches, kicks and other blows as well as use of tasers.

There is also infrequent strong language ('f**k'), alongside milder bad language (eg '*****', '****'). There are sequences in which live animals appear to be eaten but no animals were harmed in the making of the film.

Strange that all 3 (Logan, deadpool and this) are all 15 and Logan and deadpool is savage language and violence but this is a 15 here

I was expecting to see him bite off heads etc

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
Unless it was a full Solid R/18 then this films already failed! anything less than those ratings = Not Venom! Same with the rumoured to come Black Widow film, 18 or fail!

Unless it was a full Solid R/18 then this films already failed! anything less than those ratings = Not Venom! Same with the rumoured to come Black Widow film, 18 or fail!

?

It's been known for ages that it's not rated R in movies. If the blu-ray has another cut is another matter ...

How can a outer box, pop vinyl and 3 art cards add on £40!

Must be a very special box!

• Haha
Reactions: goufcustom