Venom (4K+3D+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (FilmArena Collection #113) [Czech Republic]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 6 (E5) - June 5 (E1) - June 12 (E2) - June 19 (E3) - TBA (E4) 2019
Purchase links: E1 (Full Slip XL, 3D+2D) - E2 (Double Lenti XL, 3D+2D) - E3 (Lenticular XL, 4K+3D+2D) - E4 (E1 + E2 + E3 + E5B) - E5A (4K+3D+2D) - E5B (3D+2D) - Boxset (4K+3D+2D SteelBook + Figurine)
Price: CZK 1199 (E1) - 1299 (E2) - 1499 (E3) - 1099 (E5A) - 699 (E5B) - 4999 (E4 or Boxset)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc E1 - E2 - E3 - E4 - E5A - E5B
Notes: E1 (TBA) - E2 (TBA) - E3 (TBA) - E4 (401 numbered copies) - E5A and E5B (Unnumbered)
0FBF51BB-E364-4165-9B13-FA1576F5383A.jpeg8020A8C7-4D81-48E8-A2EE-E3461AC9E8F0.jpegC2B8DFF6-A473-4B3B-8EEF-F3D241ABA8DD.jpeg2C1E81FE-3DA8-44DA-B2C9-998737CA2913.jpeg
aK4sjVa.jpg
FB_IMG_1549430404997.jpg

Last edited:
So I thought I would do a side by side with the one I mocked up. Yeah, I may be biased in my opinion (I did concept it to be the steelbook I would like to see after all haha) but I prefer my concept and here is why.

1) The FilmArena mockup has been darkened. Now I understand about Venom being a dark character, but on that Japanese poster there was all kinds of detail to the symbiote skin that has now disappeared and I just think the cloudly background doesn't look as good with the artwork darker either. The front has also had some darkening done to it, which again not sure is the best choice.

2) Position of Venom, Rear art: Now I can't really explain but I prefer my way of having Venom enter from the spine side of the rear cover. Maybe its a continuation thing of design, I dunno, I just prefer it that way.

3) City scape: Bit sad that Film Arena have completely done away with this in their mockup. I like that this was a feature on the poster and wanted to keep it intact.

Anyway thats just my two cents. It's still going to be the best looking steelbook for the film I think so I'm going to have to get it.

Thumbnailed:
VenomCom.png

So I thought I would do a side by side with the one I mocked up. Yeah, I may be biased in my opinion (I did concept it to be the steelbook I would like to see after all haha) but I prefer my concept and here is why.

1) The FilmArena mockup has been darkened. Now I understand about Venom being a dark character, but on that Japanese poster there was all kinds of detail to the symbiote skin that has now disappeared and I just think the cloudly background doesn't look as good with the artwork darker either. The front has also had some darkening done to it, which again not sure is the best choice.

2) Position of Venom, Rear art: Now I can't really explain but I prefer my way of having Venom enter from the spine side of the rear cover. Maybe its a continuation thing of design, I dunno, I just prefer it that way.

3) City scape: Bit sad that Film Arena have completely done away with this in their mockup. I like that this was a feature on the poster and wanted to keep it intact.

Anyway thats just my two cents. It's still going to be the best looking steelbook for the film I think so I'm going to have to get it.

Thumbnailed:
View attachment 397447

I 100% agree;

> I'm not a fan of having 'TOM HARDY' written across the front
> I like the city on both front and rear.
> I like that hint of design you put on the spine as opposed to just solid black.
> I much prefer Venom looking away from the spine. I also get how it's hard to explain the juxtaposition but it somehow just looks that bit better looking away from the front art rather than towards it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Radagast

Thumbnailed:
View attachment 397447
Hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out and showed a comparison... the contrast on the back of FA's seriously needs adjusting.

Imo, the best steelbook. But the question is, is the film good enough to buy the steelbook. For me it's a no, but i love this steelbook.

Just saw this one, really fun film and I’m excited it’s getting the FAC treatment! Their WEA steels and the slips they come in are some of the best