• The Frighteners
  • Grease
  • Jaw
  • Jurassic Park
  • Trading Places
  • Tremors
  • Cheech and Chong’s Up In Smoke

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of these do look cool and retro, I admit that, but they're real chunky so the additional shelf space they digest is a negative, imo. VHS days have been and gone lol. Bring on the future!! 4K, 8K etc :D:LOL: But no, no digital codes :stop::stop: Hell no... :squint:
8K is a parlor trick that is useless (unless you have 200" TV) - it's really HDR and Dolby Vision that makes 4K UHD so good.
So, are you saying you don't want a collection of mini steelbooks with digital codes inside?:LOL:
Those VHS style boxes take up almost 4 blu ray slots for ONE movie! It's cute, but not practical.
Lionsgate has it right with the VHS style look inside a blu ray size slip.

These do take up a lot of room but I am a sucker for VHS packaging! I’ve grabbed a few more now they have dropped in price.:) Are you tempted now @Noodles!:D
Yes and no lol. I agree with @Mickle_89... they take up too much shelf space, and I'm already struggling with that. Plus I'm trying to cut back on double-dipping and already own multiple copies of the majority of these films. Not only that, but I'm kinda bored of all the VHS editions now to be honest... they've gone a bit overkill with them.

Got to admit to being tickled pink by comments made regarding these 'VHS' editions taking up too much shelf space . . . must have missed similar comments on premium threads about how much shelf space is taken up by oversized slipcases on premium steelbooks - let alone OCs - a situation where if you bought the various OCs available for each release you could probably fill a regular sized shelf (76cm) with 5 film title instead of almost 50 different titles in Amarays (49) / steelbooks (48).

• Thanks
Reactions: Tompa
Got to admit to being tickled pink by comments made regarding these 'VHS' editions taking up too much shelf space . . . must have missed similar comments on premium threads about how much shelf space is taken up by oversized slipcases on premium steelbooks - let alone OCs - a situation where if you bought the various OCs available for each release you could probably fill a regular sized shelf (76cm) with 5 film title instead of almost 50 different titles in Amarays (49) / steelbooks (48).
Plenty of us have complained about the XL size editions.
Also, have complained about some of the outrageous OCs (especially the FAC John Wick Shoebox, and the BF shoeboxes)
Regular OCs in a standard case take up no more space than the 3 editions bought naked. (Or, certainly a negligible amount).

I'm only really buying cult favs or more particularly those of films I collect. ie. I'm interested in Jaws USA while owning the AU one as well. I've never really come right out and said I collect Jaws but for whatever reason it seems I do. lol. Not as crazy as Tarantino, but if nice I tend to add when economically able.... or impulsed. :p

Reactions: Sigill
Another gift from a good buddy :)

Cheech and Chong.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill and Bengaloo
Could someone tell me if the disc in the Breakfast Club VHS range is the remaster from the 30th Anniversary or just the old one repacked?
I can't find the info.
Thanks for your help!!