• The Frighteners
  • Grease
  • Jaw
  • Jurassic Park
  • Trading Places
  • Tremors
  • Cheech and Chong’s Up In Smoke

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha I'd also probably cave if they went for £10 or under. Personally there's more cons than pros for me with these though... I already own the majority of the films, and they take up a lot of shelf space! The only pro is that they look really cool.
And then you go and post an awesome photo like this and I start to get super tempted again! :ohno::p
Yeah they do take up quite a bit of room. I had a bit of free space for a change so I though why not display them. I have a few of them aswell mate, I shouldn’t be double dipping but the packaging tempted me! Lol!:)
Haha thanks mate! Maybe try one and see what you think!:D

Reactions: Noodles
Yes, they look 'cool' - in the same way that VHS tapes look 'cool' - and for a film collector or a collector of One Clicks with miles of shelving these are small beer and there will be no issue with display.
Display shouldn't be a problem my end either with my current arrangement of 130 metres approx. of shelving space.

Never bought films on VHS tape back in the day although I did buy those TDK snap-shut rigid plastic black SVHS blank tape cases on which I applied gold number stickers to the spines 1 - 420 and they did look the biz but also took up a heck of a lot of space! Take them down from the attic every Christmas to show films to the children - films that have not yet been released on Blu-ray but year on year as more and more classics come to Blu-ray the tapes are slowly becoming obsolete (lol).
The liking for this VHS style packaging in 2018 is amusing in an ironic kind of way - what with the almost universal dislike for jumbo Amarays and these 'VHS boxes' probably taking up the same amount of space on the shelves . . .
That said, it's another fad and a valiant attempt to keep physical media 'fresh' and alive . . . speaking for myself I will hope to do with these what I do with the far better selection in the HMV Premium Collection range and buy them in one of HMV's "2 for £15" promotion.

Will hold off on these. October 29th is already hell for releases.
The First Purge 4K, Evil Dead 2 4K, Sicario: Soldado 4K, 2001: A Space Odyssey 4K, Candyman, Mandy VHS, The Fog 4K, They Live 4K, Batman: The Animated Series. All on October 29th.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
For anyone interested in the Mandy release, HMV have updated the listing to include a poster, bubblegum card and sticker, like the rest of the releases.

Reactions: Sigill
Good to know, I was hoping this would be in the 2 for £25 but as it’s a new release I can understand why it isn’t.
It was when they first listed it, and priced at £14.99. It didn't last too long at that price and included in the offer. I missed out on that but still ordered. Can't wait to get this one.

It was when they first listed it, and priced at £14.99. It didn't last too long at that price and included in the offer. I missed out on that but still ordered. Can't wait to get this one.
Ah I missed that, I should have put a pre-order in then! I will still pick this up, it isn’t a bad price for a new release.

These are so cheap in CEX Nottingham i only purchased this one they was loads of different titles.

Attachments

• IMG_0950.jpg
    IMG_0950.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 312
Jeez I knew that they would go over board on these titles

Still need to get the thing and E.T.
Also liking the look of Jurassic Park and Mandy.

Prob only get the thing to add to the thing collection and Mandy as it’s a new release and I’ve heard good things about the film

These are so cheap in CEX Nottingham i only purchased this one they was loads of different titles.

Looks like they priced them up In that store the same price as the standard blu ray which is also £1.50.
The thing VHS on their website is £15

Love a price **** up like that.

Mandy now showing as sold out. Hope all who wanted it got their orders in.

Having seen it recently it’s...bonkers! Can’t wait to watch it again on release!