Video Game Steelbooks Feedback

Jul 28, 2019
United Kingdom
Hey! I didn't know if a thread like this exists that's why I created this but if I am wrong and there is one please move this thread to relevant part of the forum.

I've seen lately a lot of steelbooks flooding the market, with really good graphics and seem to be of good quality. It's more than one seller who got these and I am wondering if these new steelbooks are original/known releases or they all custom made by some guy in a garage o_O. They seem to go quite high in price as well selling at 50+ each

I attached an example of a Bloodborne I see selling a lot lately. Trend seem to go for The Last of Us, A Plague Tale, Death Stranding etc.

Attachments

AlienKing

The Matrix has you...
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
Photos for A Plague Tale and The Last of Us.

Most of them seem to be sealed. I seen the inside of one of them and it has the steelbook.com logo under the disc part like many of the other steelbooks.
I might be wrong but I'm almost certain that TLoU is custom. I believe there are only 2 steelbooks for TLoU. And one of them is for Remastered version. Again I might be wrong, but even if it's different sellers, they might be sourcing it from someone who's making them in small quantities.

Have you checked the video game steelbook section here? Do they have any of these?

Jul 28, 2019
United Kingdom
So after a little bit more research I found out where they coming from.

www.iFantasyBox.com is selling them and can do your own custom steelbook. It doesn't seem to be official releases. Got some samples anyway and will see if it is really top quality.

Jul 28, 2019
United Kingdom
They are sold for 49 Euros on that website but I paid a little less from someone in Germany. Overall I ended up paying 35 each without shipping/fees. Hope it's worth it. I will upload photos once I receive them.

Reactions: Coolsambob

Robles

Premium Supporter
Nov 9, 2018
UK
Just had a little look at their Site and they have some really nice steels.

I especially like the two Watch Dogs Legions ones they have listed:thumbs:

Jul 28, 2019
United Kingdom
Yeah I also believe it's a bit high but if they willing to sell cheaper for bulk it might be alright. I emailed them to find out more and maybe we could all create a money pool and buy multiple steels together.

I'll let you all know about quality once I'm in possession of them. Probably beginning of next week.

Reactions: Coolsambob
Feb 22, 2019
Manchester
Yeah I also believe it's a bit high but if they willing to sell cheaper for bulk it might be alright. I emailed them to find out more and maybe we could all create a money pool and buy multiple steels together.

I'll let you all know about quality once I'm in possession of them. Probably beginning of next week.
I'd be in for that, cheers for looking in to this

Reactions: Thoth
Jul 28, 2019
United Kingdom
So I received a response to my inquiry.

20£/BOX up 50 Stk
18£/BOX up 100 Stk
17£/BOX up 200 Stk
16£/BOX up 300 Stk
15£/BOX up 400 Stk
14.5£/BOX up 500 Stk
So I guess the minimum amount to order would be 50 steels. Shipping for 50 steels would also cost a £60 on top so a total of £1060 for 50 steelbooks.

I wouldn't mind order 10-15 pieces for myself if the quality turns out to be alright. Also, if we do manage to get 50 steels wanted I'm gonna have to find out if they do mix and match. 50 steels of same design would be overkill xD

Jul 28, 2019
United Kingdom
Got the steelbooks today. I'm very pleased overall.

Bloodborne paint doesn't go to the edges tho' so I'm not impressed.

The Last of Us steelbooks are really good and the art covers the edges as well. I'm happy I managed to add them to my collection!
Shadow of the Tomb Raider art goes to the edges as well and safe to say it's much better than the original release steelbook.

Also got a JP art Death Stranding steelbook which has a disc holder rather than hold a booklet.

Attachments