Video Game Steelbooks Feedback

Thoth

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 28, 2019
United Kingdom
Hey! I didn't know if a thread like this exists that's why I created this but if I am wrong and there is one please move this thread to relevant part of the forum.

I've seen lately a lot of steelbooks flooding the market, with really good graphics and seem to be of good quality. It's more than one seller who got these and I am wondering if these new steelbooks are original/known releases or they all custom made by some guy in a garage o_O. They seem to go quite high in price as well selling at 50+ each

I attached an example of a Bloodborne I see selling a lot lately. Trend seem to go for The Last of Us, A Plague Tale, Death Stranding etc.

Attachments

• Bloodborne1.jpg
    Bloodborne1.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 493
  • Bloodborne2.jpg
    Bloodborne2.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 459
Photos for A Plague Tale and The Last of Us.

Most of them seem to be sealed. I seen the inside of one of them and it has the steelbook.com logo under the disc part like many of the other steelbooks.

Attachments

• lastofus1.jpg
    lastofus1.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 458
  • lastofus2.jpg
    lastofus2.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 370
  • plague1.jpg
    plague1.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 432
  • plague2.jpg
    plague2.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 376
Photos for A Plague Tale and The Last of Us.

Most of them seem to be sealed. I seen the inside of one of them and it has the steelbook.com logo under the disc part like many of the other steelbooks.
I might be wrong but I'm almost certain that TLoU is custom. I believe there are only 2 steelbooks for TLoU. And one of them is for Remastered version. Again I might be wrong, but even if it's different sellers, they might be sourcing it from someone who's making them in small quantities.

Have you checked the video game steelbook section here? Do they have any of these?

So after a little bit more research I found out where they coming from.

www.iFantasyBox.com is selling them and can do your own custom steelbook. It doesn't seem to be official releases. Got some samples anyway and will see if it is really top quality.

They are sold for 49 Euros on that website but I paid a little less from someone in Germany. Overall I ended up paying 35 each without shipping/fees. Hope it's worth it. I will upload photos once I receive them.

Reactions: Coolsambob
Just had a little look at their Site and they have some really nice steels.

I especially like the two Watch Dogs Legions ones they have listed:thumbs:

Yeah I also believe it's a bit high but if they willing to sell cheaper for bulk it might be alright. I emailed them to find out more and maybe we could all create a money pool and buy multiple steels together.

I'll let you all know about quality once I'm in possession of them. Probably beginning of next week.

Reactions: Coolsambob
Yeah I also believe it's a bit high but if they willing to sell cheaper for bulk it might be alright. I emailed them to find out more and maybe we could all create a money pool and buy multiple steels together.

I'll let you all know about quality once I'm in possession of them. Probably beginning of next week.

I'd be in for that, cheers for looking in to this

Reactions: Thoth
Got the steelbooks today. I'm very pleased overall.

Bloodborne paint doesn't go to the edges tho' so I'm not impressed.

The Last of Us steelbooks are really good and the art covers the edges as well. I'm happy I managed to add them to my collection!
Shadow of the Tomb Raider art goes to the edges as well and safe to say it's much better than the original release steelbook.

Also got a JP art Death Stranding steelbook which has a disc holder rather than hold a booklet.

Attachments

• IMG_5562.JPG
    IMG_5562.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 467
  • IMG_5561.JPG
    IMG_5561.JPG
    1,001.4 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_5563.JPG
    IMG_5563.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 419
  • IMG_5564.JPG
    IMG_5564.JPG
    892.2 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_5565.JPG
    IMG_5565.JPG
    974.7 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_5560.JPG
    IMG_5560.JPG
    994.6 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_5559.JPG
    IMG_5559.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 410
  • IMG_5558.JPG
    IMG_5558.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 413
Bloodborne steelbook as well.

Attachments

• IMG_5557.JPG
    IMG_5557.JPG
    940.3 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_5555.JPG
    IMG_5555.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 454
  • IMG_5556.JPG
    IMG_5556.JPG
    1,011.3 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_5554.JPG
    IMG_5554.JPG
    834 KB · Views: 406
Those are fake steelbooks, you can read clearly the word Fantasybok instead of Steelbook in the second picture. I will never support this kind of plagiarism.