paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 24, 2022
Purchase links:: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £30.00 (Arrow Films) - £29.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: 4K UHD disc only - This is not available to purchase on Zavvi USA

296011723_5726074084093205_2379047427772266007_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: sinusR2 and komor
  • Brand new 4K restorations from the original camera negative by Arrow Films of both the full-length director’s cut and the US theatrical cut, approved by director David Cronenberg
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Original lossless mono soundtrack
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary by Tim Lucas, the on-set correspondent for Cinefantastique Magazine and author of Videodrome: Studies in the Horror Film
  • David Cronenberg and the Cinema of the Extreme, a documentary featuring interviews with Cronenberg, George A. Romero and Alex Cox on Cronenberg’s cinema, censorship and the horror genre
  • Forging the New Flesh, a documentary by filmmaker Michael Lennick on Videodrome’s video and prosthetic make up effects
  • Fear on Film, a round table discussion from 1982 with Cronenberg, John Carpenter, John Landis and Mick Garris
  • The complete, uncensored Samurai Dreams footage with commentary by Michael Lennick
  • Helmet-Cam Test and Why Betamax?, two featurettes by Michael Lennick on the film’s effects
  • The Making of David Cronenberg’s Videodrome, a 1982 featurette by Mick Garris, with behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Cronenberg, James Woods, Deborah Harry and Rick Baker
  • Videoblivion, an interview with cinematographer Mark Irwin
  • Pierre David on… Videodrome, an interview with executive producer Pierre David
  • AKA Jack Martin, an interview with Dennis Etchison, author of novelisations of Videodrome and The Fog, discussing Videodrome and his observations of Cronenberg’s script
  • Camera, Cronenberg’s short film starring Videodrome’s Les Carlson
  • Pirated Signals: The Lost Broadcast, deleted and alternate scenes from the TV version
  • Original trailers
  • Image gallery
  • Limited edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx
  • Illustrated 60-page collector’s booklet featuring writing on the film by Justin Humphreys, Brad Stevens and Tim Lucas, extracts from Cronenberg on Cronenberg, and a brand new roundtable retrospective with critics Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, Cerise Howard, Josh Nelson and Emma Westwood
  • Foldout double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx
  • Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproduction artcards

Reactions: sinusR2 and komor
There's this version with different box/poster art as well.

@Fisheds

Thread for original artwork edition exists since July 29th

@Fisheds

Thread for original artwork edition exists since July 29th

Whoops sorry about that.

And this one contains the 4k Disc and a 60 page illustrated book.
Prices went down significantly on ebay saw one for 60$, gotta love these 4K editions...next up 8K
Well, yeah, probably went down from the crazy levels, but I meant it's still a great edition for the fans. I missed it and might buy it now, that you're saying those came down to acceptable levels.
But I don't think there will be an 8K format, they're struggling to justify 4K, adding distorted colors to it to make it look... different.

Well, yeah, probably went down from the crazy levels, but I meant it's still a great edition for the fans. I missed it and might buy it now, that you're saying those came down to acceptable levels.
But I don't think there will be an 8K format, they're struggling to justify 4K, adding distorted colors to it to make it look... different.
I was joking about the 8K :LOL:
I'm sure more collectors will be posting their old variant up for sale.
60$ or best offer on ebay, they might even take 40$ for it

• Thanks
Reactions: Lenny Nero