81vS2Mt8YaL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• Original uncompressed mono audio tracks for all films
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for all films
  • Limited Edition packaging, fully illustrated by Gilles Vranckx
  • Limited Edition Exclusive Extras

VIDEODROME – BLU-RAY DISC 1 AND DVD DISC 2:

• Restored high-definition digital transfer of the unrated version, approved by director David Cronenberg and cinematographer Mark Irwin
  • Audio commentary by Tim Lucas, the on-set correspondent for Cinefantastique Magazine and author of Videodrome: Studies in the Horror Film
  • David Cronenberg and the Cinema of the Extreme – A documentary programme featuring interviews with Cronenberg, George A. Romero and Alex Cox on Cronenberg’s cinema, censorship and the horror genre
  • Forging the New Flesh – A documentary programme by filmmaker Michael Lennick on Videodrome’s video and prosthetic make up effects
  • Videoblivion: A brand new interview with cinematographer Mark Irwin
  • A brand new interview with producer Pierre David
  • AKA Jack Martin – Dennis Etchison, author of novelizations of Videodrome, Halloween, Halloween II and III and The Fog, discusses Videodrome and his observations of Cronenberg’s script
  • The complete uncensored Samurai Dreams footage with additional Videodrome broadcasts with optional commentary by Michael Lennick
  • Helmet Test and Betamax
  • Camera (2000) Cronenberg’s short film starring Videodrome’s Les Carlson
  • Fear on Film: A round table discussion from 1982 with Cronenberg, John Carpenter, John Landis and Mick Garris
  • Promotional featurette with behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Cronenberg, James Woods, Deborah Harry and Rick Baker
  • Original theatrical trailers

DAVID CRONENBERG’S EARLY WORKS: BLU-RAY DISC 3 AND DVD DISC 4 [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]:

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of four Cronenberg films
  • Transfer (1966) & From the Drain (1967), Cronenberg’s previously unavailable short films newly restored by the Toronto International Film Festival [7 & 12 mins]
  • Stereo (1969) & Crimes of the Future (1970): Cronenberg’s early amateur feature films, shot in and around his university campus, prefigure his later work’s concerns with strange institutions (much like Videodrome’s Spectacular Optical) as well as male/female separation (Dead Ringers) and ESP (Scanners). Newly restored from original lab elements [65 & 70 mins]
  • Transfer the Future – Author and critic Kim Newman discusses Cronenberg’s early works

COLLECTOR’S BOOKLET [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]

• An illustrated 100-page hardback book featuring new writing including Justin Humphreys on Videodrome in a modern context, Brad Stevens on the alternate versions, Caelum Vatnsdal on Cronenberg’s early works, extracts from Cronenberg on Cronenberg featuring Cronenberg’s reminiscences of getting started in filmmaking and shooting all the films in this collection, plus more, illustrated with original archive stills

DETAILS:
Region: B
Rating: 18
Cat No: FCD1133
Duration: 7/12/65/70/89 mins
Language: English
Subtitles: English SDH
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1/1.33:1/1.66:1
Audio: Mono
Discs: 4
Colour/B&W

18244_975439535823374_6810566520053336628_n.jpg

11218625_975439579156703_1268504022318655355_n.jpg

11114754_975439559156705_9117397021872079084_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RepoMan90
Seriously chilling and thoughtful film. I particulalry like how it tips a respectful nod to Poltergeist .
Along with Dead Ringers it's right up there with David Cronenberg's best.

As an aside, I still remember the conversation with Mum the day after she's stayed up late to watch it on tv: That film, it kept me awake last nigth!
You didn't like it then?
No, it was great - just really weird, and it stays in your head.

That about sums it up, doesn't it - like a lot of Cronenberg's work - it stays in your head - long after you've watched it.

Anyhow, enough meandering. I've got my pre-order in; couldn't miss out on this.

** VIDEODROME UPDATES: FINAL SPECS AND PRE-ORDER SALES **

Specs have been finalised for Videodrome, including the DELETED SCENES from the television version! Full details below. Also, we've sold more than 50% of this limited edition release already and anticipate that we'll be fully sold out before release date, so if you haven't pre-ordered yet

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

- High Definition digital transfers of the uncut version of Videodrome and four of Cronenberg’s early works
- Original uncompressed mono audio tracks for all films
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for all films
- Limited Edition packaging, fully illustrated by Gilles Vranckx
- Limited Edition exclusive extras

VIDEODROME – BLU-RAY DISC 1 AND DVD DISC 2

- Restored High Definition digital transfer of the unrated version, approved by director David Cronenberg and cinematographer Mark Irwin
- Audio commentary by Tim Lucas, the on-set correspondent for Cinefantastique magazine and author of Videodrome: Studies in the Horror Film
- David Cronenberg and the Cinema of the Extreme – A documentary programme featuring interviews with Cronenberg, George A. Romero and Alex Cox on Cronenberg’s cinema, censorship and the horror genre
- Forging the New Flesh – A documentary programme by filmmaker Michael Lennick on Videodrome’s video and prosthetic make up effects
- Videoblivion – A brand new interview with cinematographer Mark Irwin
- A brand new interview with executive producer Pierre David
- AKA Jack Martin – Dennis Etchison, author of novelisations of Videodrome, Halloween, Halloween II and III and The Fog, discusses Videodrome and his observations of Cronenberg’s script
- The complete uncensored Samurai Dreams footage with additional ‘Videodrome’ broadcasts, with optional commentary by Michael Lennick
- Helmet Test and Betamax – Two featurettes by Michael Lennick on effects featured in the film
- Camera (2000) – Cronenberg’s short film starring Videodrome’s Les Carlson
- Fear on Film – A round table discussion from 1982 with Cronenberg, John Carpenter, John Landis and Mick Garris
- Deleted scenes from the TV version
- Promotional featurette with behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Cronenberg, James Woods, Deborah Harry and Rick Baker
- Original theatrical trailer

DAVID CRONENBERG’S EARLY WORKS: BLU-RAY DISC 3 AND DVD DISC 4 [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]

- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of four Cronenberg films
- Transfer (1966) & From the Drain (1967) – Cronenberg’s previously unavailable short films newly restored by the Toronto International Film Festival [6 & 13 mins]
- Stereo (1969) & Crimes of the Future (1970) – Cronenberg’s early amateur feature films, shot in and around his university campus, prefiguring his later work’s concerns with strange institutions (much like Videodrome’s Spectacular Optical) as well as male/female separation (Dead Ringers) and ESP (Scanners). Newly restored from original lab elements [63 & 63 mins]
- Transfer the Future – Author and critic Kim Newman discusses Cronenberg’s early works

- A 100-page hardback book featuring new writing including Justin Humphreys on Videodrome in a modern context, Brad Stevens on the alternate versions, Caelum Vatnsdal on Cronenberg’s early works, extracts from Cronenberg on Cronenberg featuring Cronenberg’s reminiscences of getting started in filmmaking and shooting all the films in this collection, plus more, illustrated with original archive stills

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
** VIDEODROME UPDATES: FINAL SPECS AND PRE-ORDER SALES **

Specs have been finalised for Videodrome, including the DELETED SCENES from the television version! Full details below. Also, we've sold more than 50% of this limited edition release already and anticipate that we'll be fully sold out before release date, so if you haven't pre-ordered yet

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

- High Definition digital transfers of the uncut version of Videodrome and four of Cronenberg’s early works
- Original uncompressed mono audio tracks for all films
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for all films
- Limited Edition packaging, fully illustrated by Gilles Vranckx
- Limited Edition exclusive extras

VIDEODROME – BLU-RAY DISC 1 AND DVD DISC 2

- Restored High Definition digital transfer of the unrated version, approved by director David Cronenberg and cinematographer Mark Irwin
- Audio commentary by Tim Lucas, the on-set correspondent for Cinefantastique magazine and author of Videodrome: Studies in the Horror Film
- David Cronenberg and the Cinema of the Extreme – A documentary programme featuring interviews with Cronenberg, George A. Romero and Alex Cox on Cronenberg’s cinema, censorship and the horror genre
- Forging the New Flesh – A documentary programme by filmmaker Michael Lennick on Videodrome’s video and prosthetic make up effects
- Videoblivion – A brand new interview with cinematographer Mark Irwin
- A brand new interview with executive producer Pierre David
- AKA Jack Martin – Dennis Etchison, author of novelisations of Videodrome, Halloween, Halloween II and III and The Fog, discusses Videodrome and his observations of Cronenberg’s script
- The complete uncensored Samurai Dreams footage with additional ‘Videodrome’ broadcasts, with optional commentary by Michael Lennick
- Helmet Test and Betamax – Two featurettes by Michael Lennick on effects featured in the film
- Camera (2000) – Cronenberg’s short film starring Videodrome’s Les Carlson
- Fear on Film – A round table discussion from 1982 with Cronenberg, John Carpenter, John Landis and Mick Garris
- Deleted scenes from the TV version
- Promotional featurette with behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Cronenberg, James Woods, Deborah Harry and Rick Baker
- Original theatrical trailer

DAVID CRONENBERG’S EARLY WORKS: BLU-RAY DISC 3 AND DVD DISC 4 [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]

- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of four Cronenberg films
- Transfer (1966) & From the Drain (1967) – Cronenberg’s previously unavailable short films newly restored by the Toronto International Film Festival [6 & 13 mins]
- Stereo (1969) & Crimes of the Future (1970) – Cronenberg’s early amateur feature films, shot in and around his university campus, prefiguring his later work’s concerns with strange institutions (much like Videodrome’s Spectacular Optical) as well as male/female separation (Dead Ringers) and ESP (Scanners). Newly restored from original lab elements [63 & 63 mins]
- Transfer the Future – Author and critic Kim Newman discusses Cronenberg’s early works

- A 100-page hardback book featuring new writing including Justin Humphreys on Videodrome in a modern context, Brad Stevens on the alternate versions, Caelum Vatnsdal on Cronenberg’s early works, extracts from Cronenberg on Cronenberg featuring Cronenberg’s reminiscences of getting started in filmmaking and shooting all the films in this collection, plus more, illustrated with original archive stills

Thanks for the info. It's now £34.99 at Amazon. What price did you order at if you don't mind me asking, Paul?

Thanks for the info. It's now £34.99 at Amazon. What price did you order at if you don't mind me asking, Paul?
I ordered very early with AmazonUK it was at that time £35.87 and it dropped in price since I ordered
My order has at the moment £25.88 and that includes FREE Super Saver Delivery :happy:

Zavvi have at the moment £23.99 but with Arrow Video Digipacks I avoid Zavvi as they use jiffy bags and you risk it arriving not in mint condition

Amazon packaging for DigiPacks are lot better

Last edited:
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
I Pre-ordered mine on Arrow Films cost me £27.99 then i got double points so decided to purchase another one because im sure it will sell out like hot cakes cost me £5.99.
i have never seen this movie so its a blind buy but the packaging looks amazing cant wait to see the final product and these look like art shots. going to keep my 2nd sealed copy to sell on in the future as this is limited to 3000 copies.
hopefully Arrow will release this early as got my Society a month early from them. I would recommend you purchasing from arrow direct.

I ordered very early with AmazonUK it was at that time £35.87 and it dropped in price since I ordered
My order has at the moment £25.88 and that includes FREE Super Saver Delivery :happy:

Zavvi have at the moment £23.99 but with Arrow Video Digipacks I avoid Zavvi as they use jiffy bags and you risk it arriving not in mint condition

Amazon packaging for DigiPacks are lot better

i avoid zavvi like the plague sent me my nekromantik blu ray and it was tore and in awful condition sent it back and never ordered from them again crap jiffy bags

i avoid zavvi like the plague sent me my nekromantik blu ray and it was tore and in awful condition sent it back and never ordered from them again crap jiffy bags
Zavvi are fine if its a standard case or with a slipcover and most steelbooks
With Digipacks and box sets though they are hit and miss what condition they will arrive in
If a digipack or box set can fit in a jiffy bag its a risk using Zavvi it might arrive ok or dented or worse

When a box set is to big for a jiffy bag your ok using Zavvi as then they use a box

I look in advance to see what size a box set is going to be if its a size I know wont fit in a jiffy bag then I will use Zavvi if they are cheaper if not I order direct from Arrow or Amazon if they are cheaper

I hate this pre-order culture quite honestly but I guess I have no choice if I want one - looks too good to pass up and I'm sure it will sell out! :emb:

11822429_1026843357349658_5255236826266109733_n.jpg

*** STOCK UPDATE : VIDEODROME ***

Our Limited Edition release of Videodrome has been flying out the door this weekend and we are nearing the last 100 copies at the Arrow Store! We don't expect these to last long so if you are planning on picking this one up direct do try and order it soon to avoid disappointment. Place your order direct here: http://bit.ly/1W0Skut

For all of you that have ordered from another retailer never fear - stock has been allocated and all retailers will be receiving more than enough stock to cover your pre-orders!