Vinyl Idolz Master Thread [Funko &Vinyl Sugar] *Picture Heavy*

Flash

Premium Supporter
Jan 17, 2014
I know this was announced at the start of the year, but with more and more being released and Funko being so hot right now.

I thought with Dorbz and Pop having their own master thread. I would create one for this other still relatively new line by Funko & Vinyl Sugar 'VINYL IDOLZ'

I think a number of these are already released in the US but they are mostly being released in the UK in the coming months.

For people in the UK you can purchase some of the ones I have listed below but not all from the sites below. They are avalible from different sites but just listed the most common.

The prices vary from site to site, Zavvi seem to be the cheapest and offer free delivery and also have some listed as avaliable sooner than FP but depends on your preference obviously

Forbidden Planet - https://forbiddenplanet.com/vinyl/vinyl-idolz/

Zavvi - http://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search?search=Vinyl+Sugar+idolz

Here is what seems to have been made so far.

(Hope you guys like it, took a good while to do)

BATMAN 1966

3460320_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

3460337_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

3460344_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

3460351_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

Ghostbusters

5528_Vinyl_Idolz_Ghostbusters_Egon_GLAM.jpg

140365_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

140366_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

Shaun of the Dead

5513_Ed_Shaunofthe_Dead.jpg

5514_Shaun_Shaunofthe_Dead.jpg

b_BD1_H2_Pn_JPG_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

c_Es54_M1y_JPG_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

Walking Dead

d_x_Op5_DE8_JPG_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

e_47b_Ce_OD_JPG_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

f_GQSZs_Me_JPG_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

Seinfeld

5702_Kramer_Seinfeld.jpg

5703_Newman_Seinfeld.jpg

5705_Frank_Seinfeld.jpg

5706_Puddy_Seinfeld.jpg

5707_Peterman_Seinfeld.jpg

Back to the Future

5522_Vinyl_Idolz_Btt_F_Doc_GLAM.jpg

5523_Vinyl_Idolz_Btt_F_Marty_GLAM.jpg

Dodgeball

000_NWHXHde_jpg_square_true_maxheight_160_size_1.jpg

000_P06zvj_O_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_2.jpg

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

5524_SPICOLI_FTa_R.jpg

5525_Brad_FTa_R.jpg

Young Frankenstein

3460382_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

3460339_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

3460405_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

Napoleon Dynamite

140368_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

140369_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

Say Anything

5519_Vinyl_Idolz_Lloyd_GLAM.jpg

@Noodles found some other concepts to go with the ones I posted on the first page.
Some new and some are old

(I forgot that their IT crowd concepts includes all 5 of them and I forgot I posted them already lol)

Got a feeling you might like Finn although it's only the top half

Love all their homage to British comedy - TV & Film

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: Noodles
@Flloydo I saw the Finn one on Instagram a while back, and while I love the likeness of Boyega, I'm not keen on how they've done the helmet... I'd still probably buy it though lol. Would seriously love to get Clockwork Orange!

Reactions: Flloydo
@Flloydo I saw the Finn one on Instagram a while back, and while I love the likeness of Boyega, I'm not keen on how they've done the helmet... I'd still probably buy it though lol. Would seriously love to get Clockwork Orange!

Didn't realise the Finn was oldish.

I did not even notice the helmet. Yeah that is weird and kinda ruins it.
Should of had a replica. I've seen one, I'm not sure what the character was but its holding a Mickey Mouse toy and it looks exactly like a miniature Mickey Mouse cuddly toy.

these are all pretty cool, I like these more than POPs but I think hot toys cosbaby's a bit more.

I prefer them to pops too.
Don't get me wrong there are some cool pops but a lot are samey and it's becoming overkill with their releases and variants.

They have some amazing concepts for vinyl idolz and a few I really want them to make and if they get the green light I will most likely build a small collection but the current releases I'm not fussed about except maybe Napoloeon dynamite and Bill Murray ghostbusters.

Didn't realise the Finn was oldish.

I did not even notice the helmet. Yeah that is weird and kinda ruins it.
Should of had a replica. I've seen one, I'm not sure what the character was but its holding a Mickey Mouse toy and it looks exactly like a miniature Mickey Mouse cuddly toy.
They're only "old" to me because I practically stalk the guy that makes them on social media lol. He made some for the original trilogy a long time ago, but for some reason he went for a different style with them by giving them long heads, so the likeness is way off...

1.jpg

A Vinyl Idol holding a Mickey Mouse toy? Don't think I've seen that one!

Reactions: Flloydo and Flash
The Sherlock one is brilliant and love the father ted ones, their likeness is brilliant lol

They're only "old" to me because I practically stalk the guy that makes them on social media lol. He made some for the original trilogy a long time ago, but for some reason he went for a different style with them by giving them long heads, so the likeness is way off...

View attachment 214841

A Vinyl Idol holding a Mickey Mouse toy? Don't think I've seen that one!

Oh yeah I had seen that one before. Funny how the worst character looks the best in that lineup (C-3PO) they also did some concepts of politicians too (I swear I see the politicians as Star Wars character befkre but can't find it)

Okay so I've found a lot more.

Lol look at Cameron

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

This is the one but I don't know who they are
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Would love these flight of the conchord ones - they look amazing
image.jpeg

And the fear and loathing concepts - wow

image.jpeg

These look cool especially forest gump
image.jpeg

And a few others - all amazing

image.jpeg

Frost & pegg as chewie & han
image.jpeg

Love the worlds end version
image.jpeg

And how cool is this....
Would love them to do hurt Russell - John Ruth
image.jpeg

They have so many ideas

I've noticed with some like their 3 Bill Murray and 3 Bowie concepts (and a few more older ones) that they use actual hair (or whatever it is) so they look a little better to me but I'm guessing they do it like pop vinyls and all plastic/ vinyl. Can't stand the furry pop vinyls so hopefully they don't do them like that

@Wreck you might like some of these concepts too. The shining ones are cool too

The Sherlock one is brilliant and love the father ted ones, their likeness is brilliant lol

Father ted ones look fantastic and as much as I hate Sherlock the concepts look great. Especially cumber-snatch

A better version

image.jpeg

@Noodles

You've prob seen it but I really like this concept too.

Think I prefer it to the ones they released

image.jpeg

@Flloydo I've seen them all before apart from that election one... Cameron is hilarious! :hilarious:

Would definitely love the BTTF2 ones since that's actually my favourite BTTF film, but I doubt we'll ever get them because there's already Vinyl Idolz for Doc and Marty.

Don't take my word for it, but I saw someone once mention that these concepts are just rendered images done on a computer, so they may not actually be real... if it's true, then I find them even more impressive lol.

@Flloydo I've seen them all before apart from that election one... Cameron is hilarious! :hilarious:

Would definitely love the BTTF2 ones since that's actually my favourite BTTF film, but I doubt we'll ever get them because there's already Vinyl Idolz for Doc and Marty.

Don't take my word for it, but I saw someone once mention that these concepts are just rendered images done on a computer, so they may not actually be real... if it's true, then I find them even more impressive lol.

You are correct. A lot are done on a computer just as the concept. So yeah very impressive considering they look like a finished product.

You are correct. A lot are done on a computer just as the concept. So yeah very impressive considering they look like a finished product.
Yep, very cool! Can't get my head around the fact that they're not real lol. I guess it'd explain the hair thing you mentioned anyway... I can't see them giving Vinyl Idolz real hair.

@Flash @Flloydo Thanks! Appreciate the heads up. :)

I'm very tempted to get the Ghostbusters and Hot Fuzz ones, but I've already been over spending lately, and since Zavvi refuse to cancel my Secret Soundtrack subscription I have to lose another £24 to that POS which I can't really afford, but obviously have no choice now. :sour:

Reactions: Flloydo and Flash