Custom Steelbooks

Thoth

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 28, 2019
United Kingdom
Hi! I honestly did not know where to post this so therefore I am posting it here. If it's in the wrong section please move it :D

Anyone had any experience with vinyl custom steelbooks? There is someone making custom steelbooks painted with vinyl and I am wondering how do they look compared to the regular ones we get from shops.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! I honestly did not know where to post this so therefore I am posting it here. If it's in the wrong section please move it :D

Anyone had any experience with vinyl custom steelbooks? There is someone making custom steelbooks painted with vinyl and I am wondering how do they look compared to the regular ones we get from shops.

Thank you!
Where did you see these steelbooks? Can you link or post some pics?

It’s not really painted. It’s printed that way on there
So how are they doing it? They have access to bare steels and they print it? Or remove old and print over??...

That Wonder Woman looks so darn good! Thanks for the links.

So how are they doing it? They have access to bare steels and they print it? Or remove old and print over??...

That Wonder Woman looks so darn good! Thanks for the links.
From what I gather, they just buy cheap steels for other movies and simply stick the vinyl print over the top - take a close look on some of them and you can see the edge of the sticker layer.

Reactions: AlienKing
they do in fact buy cheap steels. home exclusive , yes his is more like a sticker , made a custom with him long ago. Or actually, might be a her. But yeah. They do look a bit better in pics then in person , but still cool addition none the less. And I do mean additions and not editions. As it’s a nice addition to your other editions. Ha. Unless it’s for a movie title with no special editions at all then worth making that cool unique edition. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AlienKing
Oh okay. Yea still dope looking. It'd be cool if they would just sell the print out as stickers so anyone can buy and put it on their steelbooks. Just an idea.

Yeah I've been watching the ones from Alberto Verrona. I am tempted to order a few but am not sure if quality is as good as pictured. Might order one for testing.

I dug a little deeper into this. It involves buying a high quality car vinyl / wrap that comes printed with your designs. The vinyl is flexible and can be applied after you spray the steelbook with water (so you can move it around). You then squegee out the air bubble/pockets.

A bit too much work for me but obviously the steelbooks can look great as seen on those IG accounts.

I prefer going down the other route of sprucing up steels with lenticular magnets / static magnets.

This is a super old thread but might be help to some folks out there.