paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 31, 2020
Purchase links: Second Sight - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £26.99 (Second Sight) - £28.99 (Amazon -Zavvi) - £34.99 (HMV)
Notes: Limited to 3,000
EZcC0HKXgAYFXJH.jpg

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Grendel
11827_tn.jpg

Special Features and Technical Specs:
  • BRAND NEW 4K RESTORATION OF THE FILM
  • New audio commentary with Luc Roeg and David Thompson
  • Producing Walkabout: a new interview with Producer Si Litvinoff
  • Luc's Walkabout: a new interview with Luc Roeg
  • Jenny in the Outback: a new interview with Jenny Agutter
  • Remembering Roeg: a new interview with Danny Boyle
  • 2011 BFI Q&A with Nicolas Roeg, Jenny Agutter and Luc Roeg
  • Archive introduction by Nicolas Roeg
  • Optional English SDH subtitles for the hearing impaired
  • REGION-B "LOCKED"
Additional content:
  • Limited Edition Box Set of only 3,000
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Michael Boland
  • The source novel 'Walkabout' with cover artwork excusive to this release
  • Soft cover book featuring facsimile copy of the original 65 page First Draft Script with preface by Daniel Bird
  • Soft cover book with new essays by Sophie Monks Kaufman, Simon Abrams and Daniel Bird plus stills and lobby card images

Reactions: MrSquifler
I have the Crit release but those extras, the announcement of a re-scan and restoration are absolutely worth a double dip!
Excited to get this.
Second Sight has certainly upped their game as of late it would seem. :)

edit: looks like Zavvi has it live, just pre-ordered it and "The Man Who Laughs" from them.

Last edited:
[QUOTE
I have the Crit release but those extras, the announcement of a re-scan and restoration are absolutely worth a double dip!
Excited to get this.
Second Sight has certainly upped their game as of late it would seem. :)

edit: looks like Zavvi has it live, just pre-ordered it and "The Man Who Laughs" from them.

[/QUOTE]

I take it your Criterion copy isn't one of the bad pressings?

• Wow
Reactions: Grendel
Hmm, interesting. @Lollard2002 ;
It's watchable, not the best I've seen from Crit.
I was unaware there was a noted issue.
What would that issue be? :)

There was a pressing issue with a lot of their titles for a few years. You can tell if you have a rotted disc as there will be a colour shine like gold on your disc and the worse your disc the darker the colour. Walkabout and Stagecoach are among those effected. Later pressings are fine but 1st issue pressings are certainly screwed.

There was a pressing issue with a lot of their titles for a few years. You can tell if you have a rotted disc as there will be a colour shine like gold on your disc and the worse your disc the darker the colour. Walkabout and Stagecoach are among those effected. Later pressings are fine but 1st issue pressings are certainly screwed.
FYI, if anyone has any of these faulty discs, Criterion are happy to replace them free-of-charge: LINK.

Reactions: MrSquifler
FYI, if anyone has any of these faulty discs, Criterion are happy to replace them free-of-charge: LINK.

The problem is that post is way back in 2014 and they may no longer have some of the titles in stock or have the rights to the titles.

Will try and order from SecondSight closer to release date. 3,000 should be plenty for a lesser known movie.

Will try and order from SecondSight closer to release date. 3,000 should be plenty for a lesser known movie.
A lot of Second Sight limited editions have sold before release date and some of these was less popular films than walkabout.

If you want to be sure of not missing out its best to pre order when its comes to Second Sight limited editions

Available to pre order from Amazon/Zavvi/HMV

Second Sight website take payment when ordering