Purchase link: Wall-E
Retro Zbox & Wall-e bundle
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

WALLE.jpg

walle2.jpg walle3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I have turned a complete 180. I am actually starting to like this one.

Lmao. I knew at least one of the doubters would eventually see the charm of this one. Heres my breakdown of the Wall-E steels in terms of dating woomen lol:

BB/FS - this was your first girlfriend and you had really good times with her, so no matter what, you always have feelings for her.

German - This is the fugly chick that you got with when there was nothing else on the market.

Blufans - This is the high maintenance, popular girl thats exlcusive and everyone thinks they want her. But when you finally get with her and see all the layers underneath, she just as boring as the average girl and underwhelming.

Zavvi - Girl next door type thats kinda cute but you didnt think twice about at first. You run into her and vibe see potential and take her to on a date.When you pick her up, she is all dolled up you are floored at her beauty and become instantly smitten:D

Lmao. I knew at least one of the doubters would eventually see the charm of this one. Heres my breakdown of the Wall-E steels in terms of dating woomen lol:

BB/FS - this was your first girlfriend and you had really good times with her, so no matter what, you always have feelings for her.

German - This is the fugly chick that you got with when there was nothing else on the market.

Blufans - This is the high maintenance, popular girl thats exlcusive and everyone thinks they want her. But when you finally get with her and see all the layers underneath, she just as boring as the average girl and underwhelming.

Zavvi - Girl next door type thats kinda cute but you didnt think twice about at first. You run into her and vibe see potential and take her to on a date.When you pick her up, she is all dolled up you are floored at her beauty and become instantly smitten:D

Wow that last comment was really disgusting.

nvXauV.jpg

It's weird but after having this for a 4/5 days and looking at it closer I find myself warming to it and now consider my initial reaction as being a bit OTT.
Looking at it 'in the round' I can appreciate the lovely glossy finish and the tasteful embossing on the title, particularly the 'E' on the red background, as well as the lovely back image and inside artwork and of course the bonus disc.
Still not a fan of the disjointed front image but can accept that it is a very different even unique design and that maybe I should be more open-minded about 'different' and not dismiss something just because it doesn't 'flow' or because I don't 'understand' it. The fact that it makes me think of a collage created by a skillful child with a sharp pair of scissors and a couple of Disney magazines is neither here nor there.
I'm usually the first to defend Zavvi (so much so that one or two members actually thought I worked for the outfit) and their steelbooks and the worst thing I've ever written about one of their steelbooks previously was about 'Ratatouille' when I wrote that the front artwork was "Maybe an acquired taste...".

Last edited:
I already have the German one...otherwise Zavvi would have had this added to my Ratatouille e-mail!!!

So if you pre-ordered this and Ratatouille Zavvi have stung you for £10!!!

Zavvi really don't give a damn for their loyal customers/collectors who like to pre-order the more "attractive" steelbooks (Disney & Pixar) in case they actually do "sell out"!!!!

WORST. COMPANY. EVER!!! Don't you wish somebody else would take the reins up....Amazon UK have practically given up on steelbook exclusives..HMV have NO website!!!! Play disappeared!!:sorry::sorry: such a shame!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Its right per-ordering is a mostly a waste of time, a lot of the releases this year from zavvi have sold out at pre-order stage and then come back after release at a cheaper price. Fell for this trick myself a few times. All this crap from zavvi, zboz deals, pricing, no stock etc really puts me of buying from them. I don't have a personal problem with them, but there business attitude is madness. I per-orderred The Incredibles from them, received damaged so requested a replacement, told no stock. Two days later back in stock and now u can order using a bigger discount code. Just Madness. So know they don't give a damn if you are a loyal customer or not