War of the Worlds (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 14, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 24, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £25.99

War of the worlds 4K.jpg
Back.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Will never beat the play.com glossy and embossed steelbook. This will probably be matte and flat like the recent American 4K steelbook

I think your mistaken the recent US release was full gloss had colour inside art and superior rear art with full size image , the only thing missing was bossing.

Going by recent Paramount UK releases they've mirrored US so seen no reason why this won't be full gloss.:)

The Hunt for Red October - Gloss
Sonic the Hedgehog - Gloss
Ferris Bueller - Gloss
Airplane - Gloss
Clueless - Gloss
Top Gun - Gloss
Coming to America - Gloss
Friday the 13th Part 2 - Matte

I think your mistaken the recent US release was full gloss had colour inside art and superior rear art with full size image , the only thing missing was bossing.

Going by recent Paramount UK releases they've mirrored US so seen no reason why this won't be full gloss.:)

The Hunt for Red October - Gloss
Sonic the Hedgehog - Gloss
Ferris Bueller - Gloss
Airplane - Gloss
Clueless - Gloss
Top Gun - Gloss
Coming to America - Gloss
Friday the 13th Part 2 - Matte
Is it? Oh well. Still no embossing though :naughty:

I was going to order this but had to check to see if i owned it and i have the play exclusive from years back, so rather pointless as looks the same steelbook.
Had it been something different then i might have grabbed it.

I was going to order this but had to check to see if i owned it and i have the play exclusive from years back, so rather pointless as looks the same steelbook.
Had it been something different then i might have grabbed it.

And that one is embossed while this and USA one isn't.

So I take it those of us with the embossed steel from years ago are skipping this?
The back is different and the inlay is in colour but I don't think it warrants a repurchase, just wait for the standard release to drop in price and add it to the existing Steel:whistle: