War of the Worlds (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 14, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 24, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £25.99

War of the worlds 4K.jpg
Back.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I take it those of us with the embossed steel from years ago are skipping this?
The back is different and the inlay is in colour but I don't think it warrants a repurchase, just wait for the standard release to drop in price and add it to the existing Steel:whistle:

I've done that exact thing. I love the old release of this. I managed to get the 4k disc with one of these 3 for £30 offers a while back and I just swapped the discs. It is a beautiful embossed and glossy steelbook (which I doubt this will be).

Reactions: TGO
I was going to order this but had to check to see if i owned it and i have the play exclusive from years back, so rather pointless as looks the same steelbook.
Had it been something different then i might have grabbed it.
Definitely looks different enough to me to warrant a re-purchase:-

New
1621776875877.png

Old
1621776721833.png
1621776748194.png

Reactions: Lord Vader
I've done that exact thing. I love the old release of this. I managed to get the 4k disc with one of these 3 for £30 offers a while back and I just swapped the discs. It is a beautiful embossed and glossy steelbook (which I doubt this will be).
Yeah I'm waiting on the 3 for £30 to pop up again.
Did it with my Bad Boys I & II & Spider-Man Trilogy that I have the all the SM & TASM Steelbook Lenticulars, got TASM too but miss out on the TASM2 because that had to find these days for a reasonable price
same with ID4
Unless the Steelbook is better, I just get the UHD Disc for my existing Steelbook

The new one is not embossed like this though

Yeah that's why i told if you own Play one then i wouldn't go buying this new one cause it's not embossed and it's basically the same. Only back is different and i'm fine with that.

Has this gone live yet?
Nope. At around 12:30 Live Chat advised me that they were aiming to have it sorted "within the next hour".

Then at around 3pm on their Twitter feed, Jade from Customer Services advised that "We aim to have this issue fixed with the next hour or so! Thank you for your patience".

I wouldn't hold your breath, if I were you...

Reactions: Star Wars Fan
Nope. At around 12:30 Live Chat advised me that they were aiming to have it sorted "within the next hour".

Then at around 3pm on their Twitter feed, Jade from Customer Services advised that "We aim to have this issue fixed with the next hour or so! Thank you for your patience".

I wouldn't hold your breath, if I were you...
Thank you, thought I'd missed it :)

Just noticed that this is now live. Not sure if just for RC members or for everyone, as I'm an RC member.

I don't know when it went live as I gave up checking so often so, of course, no codes are working now.

OK - I've just received an email advising me. So perhaps it will go live for everyone at 6pm UK time this evening. So basically a day late (and not "within the next hour or so" as their so-called Customer Services team advised yesterday! lol).

1 disc again. Terrible art so glad I bought the standard version now with two discs. The 4K disc is very good for anyone who’s interested tho.

Got my order in just now on my lunch break. Previously only had this on DVD and heard good things about the 4k transfer so very much looking forward to watching it again in UHD

Reactions: Retro Parrot
1 disc again. Terrible art so glad I bought the standard version now with two discs. The 4K disc is very good for anyone who’s interested tho.
Hmm - title says

War of The Worlds - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook (Includes Blu-ray)​

It's not unknown for Zavvi (or other retailers, for that matter) to quote the wrong number of discs in their listings.

Hmm - title says

War of The Worlds - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook (Includes Blu-ray)​

It's not unknown for Zavvi (or other retailers, for that matter) to quote the wrong number of discs in their listings.
Just a heads up for people who want both discs To check up first. Like west world season 3 says plus blu ray on box and doesn’t come with blu ray unlike US release.

It's 2 discs same as the 4K Amaray release
4K UHD and Blu-ray

The description on Zavvi website says includes Blu-ray
The jcard of the steelbook iteslf shows 4K ULtra HD + Blu-ray
Zavvi website
Description
Disc 1: 4K Feature Film UHD
Disc 2: Blu-Ray Feature Film & Special Features

• Revisiting The Invasion
  • The H.G. Wells Legacy
  • Steven Spielberg And The Original War Of The Worlds
  • Characters: The Family Unit
  • Previsualization
  • Production Diaries
  • Designing The Enemy: Tripods And Aliens
  • Scoring War Of The Worlds
  • We Are Not Alone
  • Galleries
  • Theatrical Teaser Trailer HD

Don't go number of discs listed in product details on Zavvi/Amazom/HMV etc etc as sometimes these will list number of discs as 1 even if the actual release can be 2/3/4 etc discs

The description on Zavvi website says includes Blu-ray
The jcard of the steelbook iteslf shows 4K ULtra HD + Blu-ray
The description of the Onward Steelbook said it included the Bonus Disc, as did the j-card, but it didn't. So I wouldn't necessarily rely on those sources either!!

The description of the Onward Steelbook said it included the Bonus Disc, as did the j-card, but it didn't. So I wouldn't necessarily rely on those sources either!!
4K release is 2 discs
UHD and Blu-ray

Disc 1: 4K Feature Film UHD

Disc 2: Blu-Ray Feature Film & Special Features

Revisiting The Invasion
The H.G. Wells Legacy
Steven Spielberg And The Original War Of The Worlds
Characters:The Family Unit
Previsualization
Production Diaries
Designing The Enemy
Tripods And Aliens
Scoring War Of The Worlds
We Are Not Alone
Galleries
Theatrical Teaser Trailer HD

Subtitle Languages:

4K: English / English SDH†/ Chinese-Cantonese-Hong Kong / Chinese-Mandarin-Simplified-PRC Chinese-Mandarin-Traditional-Taiwan / Czech / Danish / Dutch / Finnish / French / German / Greek / Hungarian / Italian / Japanese / Korean /Norwegian / Polish Portuguese-Brazilian / Romanian / Russian / Spanish / Spanish Latin American / Swedish / Thai

Blu-ray: English / English SDH† / Danish / Dutch / Finnish / French / German / Italian / Norwegian / Spanish / Swedish