War of the Worlds (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 14, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 24, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £25.99

War of the worlds 4K.jpg
Back.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
4K release is 2 discs
UHD and Blu-ray

Disc 1: 4K Feature Film UHD

Disc 2: Blu-Ray Feature Film & Special Features

Revisiting The Invasion
The H.G. Wells Legacy
Steven Spielberg And The Original War Of The Worlds
Characters:The Family Unit
Previsualization
Production Diaries
Designing The Enemy
Tripods And Aliens
Scoring War Of The Worlds
We Are Not Alone
Galleries
Theatrical Teaser Trailer HD

Subtitle Languages:

4K: English / English SDH†/ Chinese-Cantonese-Hong Kong / Chinese-Mandarin-Simplified-PRC Chinese-Mandarin-Traditional-Taiwan / Czech / Danish / Dutch / Finnish / French / German / Greek / Hungarian / Italian / Japanese / Korean /Norwegian / Polish Portuguese-Brazilian / Romanian / Russian / Spanish / Spanish Latin American / Swedish / Thai

Blu-ray: English / English SDH† / Danish / Dutch / Finnish / French / German / Italian / Norwegian / Spanish / Swedish
And, according to Callum in Customer Services:

"I can confirm that the blu-ray is included so you should receive 2 discs. We're sorry for the miscommunication in our description."

I mean, if Customer Services is saying that, then it must be right, yes? :spoil:

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian
And, according to Callum in Customer Services:

"I can confirm that the blu-ray is included so you should receive 2 discs. We're sorry for the miscommunication in our description."

I mean, if Customer Services is saying that, then it must be right, yes? :spoil:
The UK 4K amaray and steelbook both are 2 disc releases includes 4K UHD and Blu-ray Discs

4K UHD disc has Film
Blu-ray has Film and extras

Once somebody gets this one, please let us know if this is glossy finish with ultrahd logo on the spine, i´m saying this because the one just released in Spain is awfully matte and there is no logo on the spine, so a different steelbook from the one released in USA.

Same question as below
Once somebody gets this one, please let us know if this is glossy finish with ultrahd logo on the spine, i´m saying this because the one just released in Spain is awfully matte and there is no logo on the spine, so a different steelbook from the one released in USA.

I´m seeing some steelbooks already listed on Ebay UK, shipping from there, i assume is the Zavvi one, which is exactly like the one we have in Spain.

Nothing to do with the Best Buy steelbook, unfortunately.

Received yesterday and I can confirm that it is indeed matte with no ultrahd logo on the spine ( the only difference on the spine to the previous Play.com release is the omission of the blu-ray logo).

Overall, I think this would normally be considered a fairly decent release, but unfortunately up against the original Play.com release means it's a bit disappointing overall (as we all suspected).

This and others similar to it aren't glossy. EU isn't getting glossy editions - USA is. So if anybody wanna have glossy one you'll have to buy US one.