Warhawk Megathread - Tournament 2010!

Jan 29, 2009
Warhawk is a multiplayer third-person shooter, vehicle and flight combat game developed by Incognito Entertainment exclusively for the PlayStation 3. It is a remake of an aerial warfare game of the same name, which was a launch title on the original PlayStation. Apart from the similarity of controlling aircraft, the remake bears little other resemblance. It was the first PlayStation 3 game to be available both for download on the PlayStation Network and for retail on BD-ROM. There is also a free downloadable demo available on the PlayStation Network. For the United States, Blu-Ray and PlayStation Network versions were released on August 28, 2007. The PlayStation Network version was released in Europe, Australia and Japan on August 30, August 31 and October 4 respectively. The Blu-ray disc version was released in Australia and Europe on September 20 and September 21, respectively, but was not released in Japan.[1]

61-BUH5CarL._AA300_.gif

Warhawk was initially intended to have both single-player and multiplayer modes, however the single-player element was canceled during development due to concerns that it was inferior to the game's multiplayer component.[2] The game was released with five maps (each with five possible configurations) and four game types, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Zones and Capture The Flag. After the 1.4 update, the number of game types increased to six with the addition of the Hero and Collection modes. Warhawk was met with a generally positive reception by reviewers. However, after launch it was plagued by connection and server issues, including ranking issues with players which were subsequently corrected in updates.[3]

Attachments

• warhawk.jpg
    warhawk.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 609
Last edited by a moderator:
Launching this week, the new “Warhawk™ Command Center” space makes its way into PlayStation Home offering Warhawk fans a new place to socialize and strategize featuring the sand table. PlayStation Home is the ultimate social community gathering gamers via a rich, 3D high-definition environment and will continue to expand overtime.

I think Warhawk 2 will bring alot of all together as we can all get in at the beginning.

I really loved this game back in the days, i was on it almost everyday. Might be the game ive spent the most hours on to date. It did get boring after a few years though, but its always fun to go back when your bored.

I really loved this game back in the days, i was on it almost everyday. Might be the game ive spent the most hours on to date. It did get boring after a few years though, but its always fun to go back when your bored.

Throwing some mines on Warhawks and waiting for some unsuspecting victim to blow up...good times.:p

I think u can change the range it picks up on. But still. Everybody else would have it on so it mostly comes down to who started shooting first. At least on the ground with the rifle. I love the air n binocs on the ground :D

the auto aim is one of my fav. features of warhawk because my aiming sucks, thats one of the reasons i dont like playing online shooters other then warhawk and Resident Evil 5 Vs.!!!!!!!!!!

Warhawk -Last Blu-Clan Battle

Hey everybody,

Time for one last Warhawk Battle with the Blu-Clan!

Sat - 20 Jun @ 1pm EST (USA)

Who's in?
CYMBOL
MacDaddyOJack
Nerdkiller
Miguel
Blacklightshark
blupassion
SSK53
Horhay
Petra
PScoop (maybe)
Netguy

I say "last", because after this match, I'll be retiring the Clan or handing it over to anyone who wants to continue it. I will still be playing Warhawk; however, I don't have time to rebuild the clan with new members, hold tryouts, etc. So, I will probably be joining another Clan after this game, only because most members of the Blu-Clan have moved on to other games (which is understandable).

However, anyone who wants to play with me can still join me from the friends list. After all, what made the Blu-Clan so great wasn't the tag - but the people.

Just want to thank everyone who was part of the Blu-Clan. I'm actually not much of a gamer, and this was my first time ever joining a Clan, not to mention being the Leader - and I have to say, it's about the most fun I've ever had playing a game. We just had the best crew around. Thanks!

Hope you guys can join me next Sat. for one last game as the Blu-Clan.

Please let me know if you plan to attend as soon as possible AND, if you can host a good number of people, please let me know so we can get the details for the server up and running.

See you guys there!!! :scat:

PS (PM me if you'd like to take over the Clan and build it up.)

Last edited: