Warning For Those Who Like Slipcovers On Their Steelbooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu-devil

Steelbook Surgeon General
Premium Supporter
Yesterday I received my copy of The King's Speech. It is a beautiful piece of steel. However I have noticed that where the paper slipcover was there are slight marks on the paintwork. These are similar to acid burn marks caused by vinyl on Steelbooks. This may be due to the inks used on the slips or the chemicals used in the paper. Folks may well want to check any Steels to make sure they do not have the same marks, especially shiny Steels. I have similar marks on my Iron Man 2 Taiwan edition.

Yesterday I received my copy of The King's Speech. It is a beautiful piece of steel. However I have noticed that where the paper slipcover was there are slight marks on the paintwork. These are similar to acid burn marks caused by vinyl on Steelbooks. This may be due to the inks used on the slips or the chemicals used in the paper. Folks may well want to check any Steels to make sure they do not have the same marks, especially shiny Steels. I have similar marks on my Iron Man 2 Taiwan edition.
Great heads up buddy!
What I like to do, and this is slightly fanatic...is
adjust the size of the back slip covers so they fit on the Left side
when you open up the steelbook. A general paper cutter from your
average arts and crafts store would suffice but I prefer these:
"Fiskars Personal Paper Cutter" Look it up.

Cheers!

Same thing happened on my Green Hornet steelbook.

Managed to cut out the same size backing card out of paper and placed it between the card and steelbook, that way the steelbook won't get touched by the original backing card.

Status
Not open for further replies.