Completed Watchmen (Season 1) [HBO]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
'Watchmen' TV Series From Damon Lindelof in the Works at HBO
Lost and The Leftovers co-creator Damon Lindelof is reportedly in talks to develop a TV series adaptation of Watchmen for HBO. Lindelof's take for the DC Comics-inspired series won't be tied to the Watchmen series HBO had looked into developing a few years ago, but will instead serve as a fresh start for the network.
More info here

HBO_Watchmen_1024x1024.png

Last edited:
Anyone else watching this? Last nights episode was VERY VERY GOOD.
It was indeed, it also kept entering my thoughts today all throughout the day. Something in this episode did resonate with me, I would start recommending people take this up where it's going so far.

I hope the final four episodes stand up to this. Do you think it's because we had more of Panda and some realization of what happened in NYC back in '85?

Reactions: kaw and moonbucket
It was indeed, it also kept entering my thoughts today all throughout the day. Something in this episode did resonate with me, I would start recommending people take this up where it's going so far.

I hope the final four episodes stand up to this. Do you think it's because we had more of Panda and some realization of what happened in NYC back in '85?

I think it was risky but worthwhile how Lindelof and the writing team didn't immediately go full Watchmen in the opening episodes, allowing the ideas and new characters to be established. The slow burn in Ep 1 & 2 did make me wonder how it linked into the events of the comic, before that Laurie Blake episode in Ep 3 (and can I say how absolutely brilliant Jean Smart is) which dropped us right back into the Watchmen universe. Tim Blake Nelson is perfectly cast too so Ep 5, with it being so directly linked to the events in the comic expanding on the aftermath, something Moore never really focused on, whilst subverting our expectations that Looking Glass might have been either 7th Cavalry or borderline unhinged a la Rorschach. Brilliant writing, even Moore - the irascible old bugger - would probably concede that Lindelof 'gets' Watchmen. In fact, there was a tweet from 2017 re-surfaced from Moore tying the film Birth of a Nation with Super Heroes, which stuck a bell with how Lindelof has framed Watchmen against the atrocities in Tulsa and racial tensions, which cannot be a co-incidence, even if Moore's conclusions feel like a stretch:

When Veidt gets himself back to earth Manhattan will have to show up so this could build to one helluva conclusion. Added to the generally excellent cinematography and the fantastic score work from Reznor and Ross, this is high quaity stuff. It's a shame that Watchmen is so niche that the show probably won't gain a wider, HBO epic-sized audience.

Reactions: kaw and GeoRattray
LAST NIGHTS EPISODE's CLIFFHANGER!!!
WHAAAAAAT!? :OMG:
Only two more episodes, I hope they can hit the landing - the way this is going, I really hope for something rather satisfying FTW :thumbs:

Adverts or was it medical tutorials on par with what you would have in Robocop (satirical) laugh out loud stuff too. Another great episode.

Also, if you were on a special IV drip what else would you have on the other end than an...
..Elephant. Because they have such good capability to remember :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: kaw
I thought I saw it all, then I saw this :D

What an escape only two more episodes that can give his (or her) identity away :thumbs:

Just discovered I don't have to wait for Sky Atlantic to play it, I can download it a bit earlier. This episode was off the chart in expectation.
I had tingles down the spine when Dr. Manhattan created life :thumbs:
Also Ozymandias story after the end credits. Can't wait for the final :D

So the end is nigh! What did everyone else think? This ended up a great one series IMO, I didn't need to worry about it at all and how it could have gone so wrong, it was in good hands indeed.

Do I want another season. No, I'm happy with the one and only we had, thanks. :thumbs:

So the end is nigh! What did everyone else think? This ended up a great one series IMO, I didn't need to worry about it at all and how it could have gone so wrong, it was in good hands indeed.

Do I want another season. No, I'm happy with the one and only we had, thanks. :thumbs:

I'm totally happy if this was just a 1 and done series. BUT... BUT. If Damon has an idea for a season 2. I'm so IN. haha
Loved this show so much.

Reactions: GeoRattray