kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Wayward Pines [FOX]

wayward-pines.jpg

PREMIERE DATE | Thursday, May 14th at 9:00PM

WHO | Matt Dillon, Carla Gugino, Melissa Leo, Toby Jones, Terrence Howard, Reed Diamond, Juliette Lewis, Shannyn Sossamon, Tim Griffin, Charlie Tahan

WHAT | The 10-episode thriller centers around a Secret Service agent on a mission to find two missing federal agents in the bucolic town of Wayward Pines, ID. Every step closer to the truth makes him question if he will ever get out of Wayward Pines alive.

Attachments

• yi_Ja9-A.jpg
    yi_Ja9-A.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
This looks super creepy and fun! I'm in!
I really like what Fox is doing with these short series (also see Gracepoint.) Apparently they will both "tell complete stories and resolve mysteries in 10 episodes" (So we don't need to worry about cancelation with out a conclusion).

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI

Fox Broadcasting Company announced that they are offering a Free preview of the premiere episode of “Wayward Pines” for one week beginning tonight (12:00am ET/PT) through Thursday, April 30 (11:59 PM ET/PT) in advance of the series’ global premiere.

Fans can also stream the episode free at FOX.com, FOX NOW and Hulu, as well as on Facebook.

The episode is also available to watch free on FOX On Demand via participating pay-TV providers, including AT&T U-verse, Bright House Networks, Cablevision, Charter, Cox, DIRECTV, Mediacom, Suddenlink, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS, XFINITY and many more.

Yup second episode was a bit slow.
But just getting compelling viewing now.
gutted when the 5th episode ended.
bit puzzled with the producers comments that no one viewers worked out what was happening before 5th episode.let secrets out
it was obviously based around 3- ish possible senarios.
if it is in fact the "Truth" @5th episode or he's just trying to throw peeps off again with his comments.
Cant wait for next week

This show is very interesting. I love the cast, the suspense and above all, all the questions the series bring up.

Nicely done and I'm not very easily satisfied. My favourite series is Hannibal, so what I mean. I have high standards and I still like this.

;-)

Oh, and Carla is getting more appealing by the year. Wow.

just binge watched this this weekend and I was not enthusiastic coming into it and am still not enthusiastic after seeing it.

To me there is just too much going on...
  • government coverups/conspiracy
  • time jumping, but inconsistent how were the sheriff and Doctor seemingly in two different time zones (unless my theory on them living in 2014 and then going cryo into wayward pines in ~4028) but them filming it as if they are interacting in both time zones simultaneously
  • why the 2000 year time jump until starting wayward pines, civilization ends at 2095 but you wait 2000 years to open wayward pines, wtf took so long, so generations of people were awake for 2000 years until wayward pines was ready, how did they build the community with all these creatures around
  • 99% sure a few rifles would have taken care of these creatures, and they seems to have devolved not evolved
  • so if say they got Ethan into this program and a few weeks later they get his wife and kids (from the sheriff who seems to know to get them) when they go looking for him. So then presumably for 2000 years all three have been cryo frozen. Yet when Ethan sees their car it has barely any dust covering, no rust or deterioration, or anything (I'm buying an Audi)
suffice to say I am not impressed. too much going on
and M NIght does nothing for me

just binge watched this this weekend and I was not enthusiastic coming into it and am still not enthusiastic after seeing it.

To me there is just too much going on...
  • government coverups/conspiracy
  • time jumping, but inconsistent how were the sheriff and Doctor seemingly in two different time zones (unless my theory on them living in 2014 and then going cryo into wayward pines in ~4028) but them filming it as if they are interacting in both time zones simultaneously
  • why the 2000 year time jump until starting wayward pines, civilization ends at 2095 but you wait 2000 years to open wayward pines, wtf took so long, so generations of people were awake for 2000 years until wayward pines was ready, how did they build the community with all these creatures around
  • 99% sure a few rifles would have taken care of these creatures, and they seems to have devolved not evolved
  • so if say they got Ethan into this program and a few weeks later they get his wife and kids (from the sheriff who seems to know to get them) when they go looking for him. So then presumably for 2000 years all three have been cryo frozen. Yet when Ethan sees their car it has barely any dust covering, no rust or deterioration, or anything (I'm buying an Audi)
suffice to say I am not impressed. too much going on
and M NIght does nothing for me
Well, it's not for everyone of course. Personal taste is.... Personal. ;-)

I like it and don't try to overthink it. If I overthink everything, I couldn't enjoy anything anymore.

Maybe you're overthinking it too? I did that with Lost, which left me abandoning the series after 6 episodes.

maybe, but the show itself is trying to make you think hard by having too much going on. I just don't get it cause everyone I know is raving about it so I had to give it a shot and did watch through the first 5 episodes, but yeah does not do much for me

Reactions: AnubisNefer
I thought this last episode was great.
The twist was something I didn't see coming. But also... That kind of twist most shows would have saved for the penultimate episode, not half way through the series.
So I don't believe that is the full "truth"... or the truth at all.

Curious to see where this goes.

I thought this last episode was great.
The twist was something I didn't see coming. But also... That kind of twist most shows would have saved for the penultimate episode, not half way through the series.
So I don't believe that is the full "truth"... or the truth at all.

Curious to see where this goes.

Yeah, they very well could twist it back the other way, which would be fine by me as well. With as much as i'm liking this show, i wish it were going to be longer than just 10 episodes for a mini-series.