paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 21, 2023
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £22.00 (Arrow Films) - £29.99 (Amazon) - £21.99 (Zavvi - HMV)

81thu3sbtxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
  • New restoration by Arrow Films from a 4K scan of the original negative
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDr10 compatible) of the original Theatrical Version of the film (94 mins), plus seamlessly-branched Extended Version (97 mins), featuring two additional scenes
  • Original lossless stereo audio, plus 5.1 Dts-HD Ma surround option (theatrical version only)
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Edited-for-TV version of the film (sd only, 94 mins), plus comparison featurette highlighting the alternate dubs and edits
  • Casting ‘Weird Science’, an interview with casting director Jackie Burch
  • Dino The Greek, an interview with supporting actor John Kapelos
  • Chet Happens, an interview with special makeup creator Craig Reardon
  • Fantasy and Microchips, an interview with editor Chris Lebenzon
  • Ira Newborn Makes The Score, an interview with the composer
  • It’s Alive! Resurrecting Weird Science, an archive documentary featuring interviews with cast, crew and admirers, including star Anthony Michael Hall
  • Theatrical trailers, Tv spots and radio spots
  • Image galleries
  • Illustrated collectors’ booklet featuring writing on the film by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Amanda Reyes
  • Double-sided fold-out poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tracie Ching
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tracie Ching

Reactions: Billy Talent
It's the exact same packaging as the Blu-Ray edition with the exception of a bonus poster.

Seems like Arrow will eventually release all of their more notable/commercial Blu-Ray editions in 4K, so it's pointless to buy their Blu-Ray editions (unless you're fine with just Blu-Ray). In fairness, this is typical in the industry, but with Arrow there isn't much difference in the artwork/packaging (if at all), so makes me feel like I wasted my money. They should at least change it up a bit.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I didn't know there was a BD edition in a slip with a booklet, so I'll be getting this!
There is a US edition without the ratings logos (US 4K edition is available for pre-order), but I imagine it's cheaper for you to get a UK edition. These are o-ring editions with small booklets in the amarays. Not sure if you know that.

There is a US edition without the ratings logos (US 4K edition is available for pre-order), but I imagine it's cheaper for you to get a UK edition. These are o-ring editions with small booklets in the amarays. Not sure if you know that.
Last time I got the steelbook, so I didn't know that, thank you!
Don't have a UHD anyway, and as much as I dislike the format (or what they usually do with it) for this movie it should be worth it.

Reactions: MM3
Last time I got the steelbook, so I didn't know that, thank you!
Don't have a UHD anyway, and as much as I dislike the format (or what they usually do with it) for this movie it should be worth it.
It's unclear to me if the Blu-Ray edition still comes with an o-ring slip and booklet. Might just be a plain amaray now unless you look for a copy on eBay.

Amazon UK have dispatched my order

Some releases in past few months taking longer to dispatch if you pre ordered
You can get it quicker if you orderd on release date instead :rofl:

I will have delivery on Tuesday or Wednesday

It's unclear to me if the Blu-Ray edition still comes with an o-ring slip and booklet. Might just be a plain amaray now unless you look for a copy on eBay.
@MM3 @Lenny Nero
Blu-ray release from 2019 only first batch of stock had a slipcover and booklet
Later stock was just amaray case

You might find the 2019 Blu-ray release with slipcover on eBay
I suggest double check with seller if it's included

Amazon UK have dispatched my order

Some releases in past few months taking longer to dispatch if you pre ordered
You can get it quicker if you orderd on release date instead :rofl:

I will have delivery on Tuesday or Wednesday
after receiving the limited edition Bruce Lee set with scuffs and bumped edges, I vowed to never order Arrow editions from Amazon uk again to the US.

after receiving the limited edition Bruce Lee set with scuffs and bumped edges, I vowed to never order Arrow editions from Amazon uk again to the US.
I not had any issues with Amazon UK in regards to actual delivery
My estimate delivery dates though can sometimes be a week after release date on some boutique labels pre orders

Amazon UK
My orders are sent from Amazon UK warehouse direct to Amazon Ireland warehouse
Delivery is then by Amazon Logistics Ireland van driver

I'm based in Republic of Ireland and transit time is only 1-3 days with Amazon UK orders
Some orders I get next day delivery and some before release date

I had a small number of orders from Amazon France/USA/Italy/Germany that arrived damaged but only a few most arrive ok

The last order I had arrived damaged from Amazon UK was over 3 years ago
I have around 3-7 deliveries most weeks from Amazon UK to my home as both my tenant and myself use Amazon UK a lot
We are Amazon Prime subscribers

I use Amazon UK for all my arrow orders
I only order direct from Arrow Store if they have a exclusive

Reactions: Daubt
I not had any issues with Amazon UK in regards to actual delivery
My estimate delivery dates though can sometimes be a week after release date on some boutique labels pre orders

Amazon UK
My orders are sent from Amazon UK warehouse direct to Amazon Ireland warehouse
Delivery is then by Amazon Logistics Ireland van driver

I'm based in Republic of Ireland and transit time is only 1-3 days with Amazon UK orders
Some orders I get next day delivery and some before release date

I had a small number of orders from Amazon France/USA/Italy/Germany that arrived damaged but only a few most arrive ok

The last order I had a order arrived damaged from Amazon UK was over 3 years ago
I have around 3-7 deliveries most weeks from Amazon UK to my home as both my tenant and myself use Amazon UK a lot
We are Amazon Prime subscribers

I use Amazon UK for all my arrow orders
I only order direct from Arrow Store if they have a exclusive
good to hear. and yeah, only ordering direct from now on for limited edition hard case sets. i might still order o-ring limited editons and standards from them.