Well hello there

Dec 10, 2019
Hi, I'm from England, I'm 35 and first got the collecting bug with VHS especially Star Trek and other sci fi. Most of my VHS is gone now. Still have a significant amount of DVDs but blurays is my preferred now.
I'd love to be the kind of collector to go for big premium sets all the time and steelbooks etc but with wife and kids and mortgage etc I have to be picky. Science fiction is my preferred genre and I mostly focus on films now, TV series I don't collect anywhere near as much as I used to. I also have some action and comedy, especially Monty Python and related.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone has and what's available and convincing the accountant (the afore mentioned wife) that I neeeeed it.

Hi, I'm from England, I'm 35 and first got the collecting bug with VHS especially Star Trek and other sci fi. Most of my VHS is gone now. Still have a significant amount of DVDs but blurays is my preferred now.
I'd love to be the kind of collector to go for big premium sets all the time and steelbooks etc but with wife and kids and mortgage etc I have to be picky. Science fiction is my preferred genre and I mostly focus on films now, TV series I don't collect anywhere near as much as I used to. I also have some action and comedy, especially Monty Python and related.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone has and what's available and convincing the accountant (the afore mentioned wife) that I neeeeed it.
Welcome! Sounds like you've been a collector of home video for a while. Hopefully steelbooks whet your appetite just as much as VHS and DVDs once did. :D

Feel free to give myself or any of the other Mods a shout if you need assistance with anything around the forums. :thumbs:

Reactions: New Mercury
Welcome! Sounds like you've been a collector of home video for a while. Hopefully steelbooks whet your appetite just as much as VHS and DVDs once did. :D

Feel free to give myself or any of the other Mods a shout if you need assistance with anything around the forums. :thumbs:

Thank you. I have probably half a dozen steelbooks at the moment. My favourite being the Dark Knight Rises but I want many many more. The Marvel ones always look really nice.

Yeah been into home media a while, it amazes me how much space VHS took up. For example with Star Trek The Original Series alone I had on 40 tapes. I have the same stuff now in 3 plastic cases that take up a fraction of the space, and cost less too considering the average price was about £10 a tape!

• Wow
Reactions: Noodles
1zxM.gif

welcome to the forum

Reactions: New Mercury