Westworld (HBO Season 1: The Maze) (Limited Edition Tin) (4K UHD+BD+Digital) [USA]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 7, 2017
Purchase link: Best Buy - Amazon
Price: $54.99 (Best Buy) - $44.99 (Amazon) - SKU: 5967514
81WuPN-j4fL._SX342_.jpg

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment brings HBO’s most-watched new series to Blu-ray, DVD and groundbreaking 4K Ultra HD on November 7, 2017. Featuring all 10 episodes from the series’ acclaimed first season, plus immersive never-before-seen special features, including three all new featurettes and a gag reel, Westworld: Season One is priced to own at $49.99 SRP for the DVD, $54.97 SRP for the Blu-ray and $64.99 SRP for the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo-Pack.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Pretty sure the 4K set is going to be like the Band of Brothers & The Pacific tin sets, so not a steelbook.

9991543-1320152593-643571.jpg

I've stuck an order in for the general release on Amazon UK as I want this in 4K.

Its entirely possible though that the regular blu-ray gets a steelbook release, as its only 3 discs.

Best Buy not always accurate when it comes to listings

HBO have this release listed as packaged in a special limited-edition tin. The 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray sets will also include a premium collectible booklet.

This is true, Best Buy has had a horrible track record lately so since this is not mentioned to be an exclusive we should not have to do a "wait and see" until release.

Reactions: paulboland
"4K ULTRA HD"
Quote: "Although shot on film, Westworld is delivered for broadcast to HBO as a 2K JPEG file"
http://www.icgmagazine.com/web/stay-cation/

"6-Discs (3 BD-100s / 2 BD-50s / 1 BD-25 Bonus Features)"
As perfectly possible to fit 6 discs inside a regular steelbook on those newer elongated spindle . . . why the tin?
For the booklet . . . if it's larger than steelbook size? (lol)
Not being sizeist or tinist as in I like the BACK TO THE FUTURE, BREAKING BAD and JURASSIC PARK larger tins as much as the BAND OF BROTHERS and THE PACIFIC smaller tins :thumbs:

As for the "artwork" in the OP:-

xegk9nbp.jpg
ak9tmy73.jpg

Da Vinci's "Vitruvian Man" already appropriated for the non-metal edition (lol):-
9awsvtua.jpg
165874_large.jpg

4K BU-RAY SPECS / SPECIAL FEATURES:-
BD Audio: English, Japanese, French Parisian, Castilian Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese
BD Subtitles: English, French, Japanese, Dutch, Korean, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Latin Spanish, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish"

All 10 one hour episodes

Inside Look with Jonah Nolan and Lisa Joy – Season One (New Featurette)
Imagining the Main Title (New Featurette)
The Key to The Chords (New Featurette)
2017 Comic Con Panel (New)
Gag reel (New)
Welcome to Westworld (7:41)
Crafting the Narrative (29:15)
An Invitation to The Set (2:14)
Welcome to Westworld: About the Series (2:11)
Reality of A.I.: Westworld (4:28)
"The Big Moment" featurettes:
- Bernard Faces an Unlikely Saboteur (1:21)
- Teddy Versus the Man in Black (1:56)
- A Host Self-Sabotages (1:53)
- Maeve Gets An Answer (1:36)
- Dr. Ford's Blood Sacrifice (1:36)
- The Truth About Bernard (2:21)
- Dr. Ford's New Narrative (3:51)
(95 mins approx.)

DOLBY ATMOS SOUND
DOLBY VISION HDR

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: rj531 and robbodoc
This art work screams for debossing!
Couldn't agree with you more but I feel it'll either be embossing or nothing (going by previous examples of similar (?) tins):-
THE PACIFIC / BAND OF BROTHERS Tins (both 6 discs each) . . . both w/ embossed titles:-
$_12.JPG
upload_2017-7-7_3-1-27.png

s-l1600.jpg

JURASSIC PARK and BttF trilogy Tins w/ no 'bossing;-
Jurassic_Park_Ultimate_Trilogy_Metal_Tin_Set_06.jpg
bttf01.jpg

BREAKING BAD Tin w/ embossed artwork:-
maxresdefault.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: rj531
Release Date: November 7, 2017
Purchase Link: Best Buy
SKU: 5967514
Price: $54.99

westworld_uhd.jpg

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment brings HBO’s most-watched new series to Blu-ray, DVD and groundbreaking 4K Ultra HD on November 7, 2017. Featuring all 10 episodes from the series’ acclaimed first season, plus immersive never-before-seen special features, including three all new featurettes and a gag reel, Westworld: Season One is priced to own at $49.99 SRP for the DVD, $54.97 SRP for the Blu-ray and $64.99 SRP for the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo-Pack.

Cancelled and ordered at Zavvi for £35.99 with code FANTASY10. I can't find any info about Dolby Vision and Atmos on the UK release, but it seems silly to make any changes when the discs are region free, surely they'll just use the same discs?

Yes, looks really smart in that postbox red with embossed title and logo . . . and so very different to the muted brown shades w/ debossing of the steelbook edition . . .
Would surely be an instant purchase with a steelbook or even a digipack inside instad of a bog-standard plastic case . .. even if it is a black one . . . and anyway a translucent white or red plastic case would have been my choice over black any day of the week.
Pics courtesy 7nonSEka
DORpxhyUQAAy-Ho.jpg:large

C-card back
DORptNPUMAA3asK.jpg:large

DORpvOjU8AAWqy5.jpg:large

Yes, looks really smart in that postbox red with embossed title and logo . . . and so very different to the muted brown shades w/ debossing of the steelbook edition . . .
Would surely be an instant purchase with a steelbook or even a digipack inside instad of a bog-standard Amaray . .. even if it is a black one . . . and anyway a translucent white or red Amaray would have been my choice over black any day of the week.
Pics courtesy 7nonSEka
DORpxhyUQAAy-Ho.jpg:large

C-card back
DORptNPUMAA3asK.jpg:large

DORpvOjU8AAWqy5.jpg:large

Just buy the steelbook and place it inside.