Cancelled Westworld (Season 4) [HBO]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Westworld
coming to HBO in October 2016.

Westworld' is a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin. The one-hour drama features actors Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Evan Rachel Wood, James Marsden, Thandie Newton, Jeffrey Wright, Rodrigo Santoro, Shannon Woodward, Ingrid Bolsø Berdal, Angela Sarafyan, and Simon Quarterman.

Jonathan Nolan serves as executive producer/writer/director; Lisa Joy as executive producer/writer; executive producers are J.J. Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk.

'Westworld' is inspired by the film of the same name, written and directed by Michael Crichton.

westworld-logo-1.jpg

Last edited:
@kaw I think either the trailer yesterday was sussed out for like the really devote fans or someone broke an embargo. I had actually seen the trailer on the HBO youtube channel but only had like 15K views at the time, didn't want to post until they had officially posted

Reactions: kaw
Anyone watching this? If not I think you should start right away :) Five episodes are out. Seen 4th one yesterday and I can tell this season is really really good. First episode isnt that good imo, but then it gets better, much better! :D

I wasnt sure about their approach with S3 and I kind of lost my hope, but Im liking where they are going with this new one. For me its the Westworld I felt in love with during S1.

WESTWORLD has been cancelled by HBO after 4 seasons.

I sadly never bothered to watch season 4 after how bad 2 & 3 were (imo). So I guess there were a lot of people like me.

Zaslav bastard strikes again.
I thought the 5th would be the last.
At least the cast will be paid, that's at least 2 million dollars for Thandiwe Newton!

Season 4 Reveal GIF by Westworld HBO

Can't say I'm too surprised... I don't know anyone who still watches the show and never see anyone talking about it any more. Season 1 was excellent, but I only managed a few episodes of season 2 before I gave up, then I heard season 3 was even worse! I didn't even realise they'd done a fourth season lol.

Zaslav bastard strikes again.
I thought the 5th would be the last.
At least the cast will be paid, that's at least 2 million dollars for Thandiwe Newton!

Makes absolutely no sense to me why they should get paid, they're not working and are all rich priviliged people anyway. And the series turned to sh*t after season 2 as well. I have a lot of respect for Zaslav since he seems to cancel anything that a) is written poorly and has therefore no real future or b) people are just not interested in (part because it is written poorly, or because things got made for purely political reasons). It's a shame that the show won't have a proper ending, but that's what the showrunners get for turning a brilliant idea and concept into a mediocre show at best. So the ones to blame are only they and not Zaslav.

Show was awesome, second season better, than first, and third best yet. I'm sure I'll love the fourth (waiting for BDs).
Mr. Zaslav just counts money, didn't want to invest 80 million more into a series that lost 75% (allegedly) of the initial audience. Could've cut the budget in half, but let creators finish their story. It was a 'prestige' project. Just makes stupid 'banker' decisions, throwing out completed movies and cutting 80% finished series right before the end, even with contracts that owe payment to the cast, no matter if it goes into production or not.
I'm all for getting rid of pseudo-woke propaganda crap in 'Hollywood', but in the words of an insurance company 'Claims Department' pencil pusher from The Rainmaker, he "must be stupid, stupid, stupid."

• Informative
Reactions: Space Cadet
I've seen seasons 1and 2. Liked them. Gonna get around and watch the remaining seasons at some point.

I've always, _always_ hated hollywood politics. Tho it every time comes down to money, cannot understand isn't there any human being with normal way of thinking ?