Cancelled Westworld (Season 4) [HBO]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Westworld
coming to HBO in October 2016.

Westworld' is a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin. The one-hour drama features actors Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Evan Rachel Wood, James Marsden, Thandie Newton, Jeffrey Wright, Rodrigo Santoro, Shannon Woodward, Ingrid Bolsø Berdal, Angela Sarafyan, and Simon Quarterman.

Jonathan Nolan serves as executive producer/writer/director; Lisa Joy as executive producer/writer; executive producers are J.J. Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk.

'Westworld' is inspired by the film of the same name, written and directed by Michael Crichton.

westworld-logo-1.jpg

Last edited:
Westworld
coming to HBO in October 2016.

Westworld' is a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin. The one-hour drama features actors Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Evan Rachel Wood, James Marsden, Thandie Newton, Jeffrey Wright, Rodrigo Santoro, Shannon Woodward, Ingrid Bolsø Berdal, Angela Sarafyan, and Simon Quarterman.

Jonathan Nolan serves as executive producer/writer/director; Lisa Joy as executive producer/writer; executive producers are J.J. Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk.

'Westworld' is inspired by the film of the same name, written and directed by Michael Crichton.

This looks incredible! :drool: :thumbs:

New Trailer
popcorn2.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Here are a few quick thoughts on it:

In some ways I almost wish this was the second episode not the first.
Would have been fun if they hadn't revealed things so soon. Maybe have the show start out as a western and not have touched on the sci-fi aspect of the show until the very end of the episode as a twist.
That way its shocking for the viewers who have no clue what the show is about... And it then for those who do know the premise (that some people are robots) it becomes a fun guessing game of who is and who isn't. I enjoyed thinking that James Marsden was a human and the reveal so soon that he isn't left me a touch disappointed.
But I'm just being nit-picky. The episode was great. One of my favorite pilots in a LONG time!

Hmmm..It was okay. :hilarious:

Music was great by Ramin Djawadi. Production wise, it looks spectacular. But with the overblown story i feel it is borderline on its credibility. No spoilers!

Here are a few quick thoughts on it:

In some ways I almost wish this was the second episode not the first.
Would have been fun if they hadn't revealed things so soon. Maybe have the show start out as a western and not have touched on the sci-fi aspect of the show until the very end of the episode as a twist.
That way its shocking for the viewers who have no clue what the show is about... And it then for those who do know the premise (that some people are robots) it becomes a fun guessing game of who is and who isn't. I enjoyed thinking that James Marsden was a human and the reveal so soon that he isn't left me a touch disappointed.
But I'm just being nit-picky. The episode was great. One of my favorite pilots in a LONG time!

I agree with you in the main. But with all the publicity, trailers and TV spots that have been on in the build up to this it would have been a bit lazy (and a bit condescending to the viewer) to leave the Sci-fi aspect until the end. Although:
JM being a host was a twist for me. Ed Harris being a guest was much more of a twist as I expected him to be playing Yul Brenner's role from the film.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
with all the publicity, trailers and TV spots that have been on in the build up to this it would have been a bit lazy (and a bit condescending to the viewer) to leave the Sci-fi aspect until the end.

Yeah it wouldn't have worked with everything they have shown. But If they had did it the other way, then I would have just made the marketing different. Advertise it as a western with a hint of something else going on.

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark
I agree that may have worked better.

I was looking forward to it, but for me it was probably one of the weakest pilots for a show I have ever seen. I read they made it three times but in my opinion it's still not right. It was slow, the acting was wooden, (yes they were mainly robots I am in main talking about the people who were not robots) the dialogue was terrible and as much as I love Evan R Wood she couldn't save it. It was such a disappointment I can't really believe such amazing minds as JJ Abrams and J. Nolan could create in my opinion such drivel. I am willing to give it a second episode, I kept watching the first hoping it might improve. I mean like has been suggested if they had played it out like a western for a bit but revealing it all in the first episode not sure how they are to stretch out the concept into a whole series. The idea was was very interesting and worked as a film not sure how it is to play out as a series. I am sure others will disagree and love it even, but this is my opinion only.