What "Streaming/VOD" services do you currently use?

What "Streaming/Video on Demand" services do you currently use?

• Amazon On Demand

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Hulu

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Vudu

• Netflix

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Cable Company VOD

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • TV Network Websites

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crackle

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Playstation Network/Store

• Xbox Online Store

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am not interested in streaming or on-demand

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
Nothing beats the fun of opening a new movie...the packaging...artwork...the 'stuff'! :D I'll always prefer the disc in hand and 'ownership' over streaming but my kids...they love Netflix.

We use Netflix streaming for older material, or that which I don't care to own, but we may want to check out. We've tried Hulu but it was a bit too limited. We have access to Amazon VOD, but I've not had a chance to try it, eventhough I can access it via our Roku.

So I went ahead and tried Amazon last night and it's not bad. Not nearly as much selection as Netflix, but I am sure they'll get there. I just tried it because it's free for Prime paid members :D

We use Netflix streaming for older material, or that which I don't care to own, but we may want to check out. We've tried Hulu but it was a bit too limited. We have access to Amazon VOD, but I've not had a chance to try it, eventhough I can access it via our Roku.

I use streaming for the same reasons.

Nothing beats the fun of opening a new movie...the packaging...artwork...the 'stuff'! :D I'll always prefer the disc in hand and 'ownership' over streaming but my kids...they love Netflix.

Totally agree on you with this, however since I left my old job, my wage has plummeted, so I can't blind buy any Blu-Rays anymore, due to costs, so with the help of Netflix and LoveFilm Blu-Ray rental service, I can sample the films before committing myself to them, watching them only once, regardless of how
much I enjoyed them, then adding them to my "to buy" list.

To answer the question, though, I use Netflix and LoveFilm's on demand service. Netflix trumps LoveFilm, though.

We have sky + with full HD and full package premium chans ( sky sports + sky movies )
with anytime + there is vod on some older stuff , but i don't stream services from netflix or any other services . i download HD movies in various formats and stick on my media player ( mede8er ) with a internal 2tb hdd and other external hdd's attached then we have another (mede8er) in the bedroom in which i stream to this via the home network plugs ..

This is what forms part of my video wall on the media player

Untitled-3.jpg

I ticked 'other'. I use NowTV. The boxsets aren't as good as things like Netflicks but the movies are better and that's what I mainly use it for.

Netflix I use mostly for movies and Vudu mostly for movies. Have Amazon prime as well, but don't use it nearly as much as I probably should.

For streaming I use Hulu and Netflix. For storing the movies I buy/own digitally, I usually opt for Vudu. I have Amazon Prime but I constantly forget about it, honestly

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
iTunes, Netflix, Hulu, The CW, Movies Anywhere, Showtime, Amazon Prime, currently.

Plan to add Disney to the list once they start their own service later this year.