What's on your Pull Card?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
View attachment 95148 What Are You Currently Reading?

Aqua Man - New 52
Wolverine series
And different ones here and there.

Attachments

• comic2.jpeg
    comic2.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 487
Last edited by a moderator:
Hope so, the missus hasn't complained about it so far...

It's a Hachette part-works collection, via Panini I think who have the rights to publish Marvel stuff. This collection collects a lot of the important stories like "The Wolverine", X-Men "The Dark Phoenix", Iron Man "Extremis" etc. It's been a great way back into comics for me, it's a tough complicated universe to come back to.

This collection: http://www.graphicnovelcollection.com/collection.html

Been a popular part collection, I so wish they would do a DC collection along similar lines.

The chancers did release a new collection due to this selling so well, which I haven't seen around in the shops: http://www.mightiestcollection.com/

Seems to be more of a collection of stories for various characters. I'm not risking sleeping in the shed for this one...:drool:

we hadnt had the mightiestcollection in our shop or been offered it so contacted Diamond and they hadnt heard of it being released either, anyway after some research it turns out that it is only being released in certain area's to test it's popularity before releasing it to all shops and is available online to subscribe

I havent got it yet but I have bought all of the other collection so far...

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

I read alot of random stuff here and there but my main one's are

New 52 Superman
New 52 Justice League
Age of Ultron
New Ghostbusters
Lost Vegas
Sex
Indestrucible HULK
Avengers
New 52 Wonder Woman

I'm waiting for the books for a few based on reading 1st issues because I prefer books

Nova
Guardians of the Galaxy
Fearless Defenders
Thor
Iron Man

UPDATED LIST

#1 READ EVERY MONTH - Saga
#2 READ EVERY MONTH - Invincible
THE REST...
Atomic Robo
Avengers
Batman
Bedlam
Daredevil
Mind the Gap
Morning Glories
Powers: Bureau
The Private Eye
The Stuff of Legend
Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man
Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates
Ultimate Comics: X-Men
Uncanny Avengers
Wolverine and the X-Men
WolverineMAX
Wonder Woman

Reactions: mlmaier84
UPDATED LIST

#1 READ EVERY MONTH - Saga
#2 READ EVERY MONTH - Invincible
THE REST...
Atomic Robo
Avengers
Batman
Bedlam
Daredevil
Mind the Gap
Morning Glories
Powers: Bureau
The Private Eye
The Stuff of Legend
Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man
Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates
Ultimate Comics: X-Men
Uncanny Avengers
Wolverine and the X-Men
WolverineMAX
Wonder Woman

I've just bought the first book for Saga after a few people recommended it

been told Bedlam is pretty good too...

Reactions: tridon
I've just bought the first book for Saga after a few people recommended it

been told Bedlam is pretty good too...

Saga's the best book out there today. It's epic beyond belief. Bedlam is excellent, too. It's essentially a mature-rated Joker story. Any Batman fan should enjoy it. :)

Deep breath

DC
all batman titles
All superman
Dial h
Earth 2
Worlds finest

Marvel

All marvel now

IDW

GI joe

Dynamite

Red team
Green hornet
Bionic man
Bionic woman
Masks
Shadow
Bionic man v bionic woman
Evil ernie

-Powers: Bureau
-Scarlet
-The United States Of Murder Inc
-Jupiter's Legacy (for the Quitely artwork)
-Prophet (digital)
-Saga
-Sex Criminals (digital)
-Southern Bastards
-Stray Bullets
-The Private Eye (digital)

Mines changed a bit since I posted over a year ago

2000AD

Dark Horse
Star Wars Rebel Heist
Star Wars Darth Maul

DC
Action Comics
Batman
Detective comics
Justice League
Superman

IDW
Ghostbusters
Judge Dredd

Marvel
Amazing Spider-Man
Avengers
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor God of Thunder

Valiant
Rai

-Scarlet
-Prophet (digital)
-Saga
-Sex Criminals (digital)
-Southern Bastards
-Stray Bullets

That's one nice-looking list. I have yet to check out Sex Criminals, though I hear it's pretty good. I appreciate that you're a supporter of indie comics. It's nice to see all the indie Bendis work on there, but none of his mainstream stuff. Powers has always been one of my absolute favourite books, though I've fallen behind on it recently.

Reactions: falseface
That's one nice-looking list. I have yet to check out Sex Criminals, though I hear it's pretty good. I appreciate that you're a supporter of indie comics. It's nice to see all the indie Bendis work on there, but none of his mainstream stuff. Powers has always been one of my absolute favourite books, though I've fallen behind on it recently.

Thanks.

Definitely check out Sex Criminals. It's hilarious and raunchy in the best possible ways.

I do read Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man. I think USM is one of the best, most consistent superhero comics of the last fifteen years. That being said I haven't kept up with it regularly since they killed Peter Parker. Powers was the first Bendis comic I read and is the comic I've been reading the longest. The first two issues of The United States Of Murder Inc. have been really great. And I recently read the first four issues of Brilliant and really dug it. Gonna add that to the list.

Other noteworthy company comics right now are Hawkeye and She-Hulk. I think Hawkeye may be the best mainstream comic currently being published. I held off reading it for a long time despite all the positive reviews out there. Burned through the first fifteen issues in one sitting and it blew me away. Charles Soule's She-Hulk isn't a great comic, but it's a really fun comic. And it has incredible art (Javier Pulido and Ron Wimberly so far).

-Scarlet
-Prophet (digital)
-Saga
-Sex Criminals (digital)
-Southern Bastards
-Stray Bullets

I forgot:
-Blade Of the Immortal

Added:
-Brilliant.

Will be adding:
-The Fade Out (digital)

Right now I'm reading mostly new stuff, but am venturing into some older titles as well.

#1: Wytches (Image)

#2: October Faction (IDW)

#3: Arkham Manor (DC)

#4: New 52 Batman #35-37 "Endgame" (DC)

#5: Green Arrow: Year One (6-part miniseries)

There are also a handful of other random issues I've picked up. Some for the artwork alone, some for the writing and some for both.

A couple of titles I'm considering based on recommendations of friends and/or other HDN members.......Any thoughts???

-Saga
-Manifest Destiny
-Red Hood & The Outlaws
-Batman New 52 - Earlier stuff including the Court of Owls series
-Sex Criminals

@tridon - Have you looked into Ex Machina at all yet? Was curious what you thought about it

I tried out the first trade way back when it was first released. It was certainly of high quality, but it didn't interest me much... most likely due to the fact that politics bore me and the story follows the mayor of a city. It was well-written with great art, though, so it still wouldn't hurt to try it out. Brian K. Vaughan rarely disappoints me. If you haven't read Y: The Last Man, definitely check that out! That's my favorite comic series of all time! :thumbs:

Reactions: mlmaier84
@dan8885 - Hmmm, I honestly don't remember seeing that cover (I did pick up vol. 2, but the regular cover). I go to my shop on Wednesdays, and I'll ask if they have it next time I'm in. If you can remember to remind me on Tuesday or EARLY Wednesday, that would certainly help out.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dan8885 and tridon