What's on your Pull Card?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
View attachment 95148 What Are You Currently Reading?

Aqua Man - New 52
Wolverine series
And different ones here and there.

Attachments

• comic2.jpeg
    comic2.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 487
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey kids and collectors,
With the new Celebration of Summer Movies here on HDN, I was wondering what everyone is reading? Any new books, new stories or even things that you are trying out? Let us know, Devoted Disciples!

No one is reading any new books at all

Everyone should check out the new Marvel Book THE INFINITY GUANTLET that released on 5/27/15. Great art and the story is really good. Add it to your pull.

Been reading afterlife with archie + DCU rebirth along with batman - flash - green lanterns & titans rebirth

PHYSICAL

Ongoing
-The Ultimates2
-Powers
-Scarlet
-The United States Of Murder Inc.
-The Goddamned
-Island
-Lazarus
-Moonshine
-Paper Girls
-Saga
-Sex Criminals
-Southern Bastards
-American Monster
-Über: Invasion
-Touching Evil
-Copra

Mini-series
-Jupiter's Legacy 2
-Loose Ends
-The Old Guard
-Shadows On The Grave
-Providence
-Copra Versus

DIGITAL

Ongoing
-Jessica Jones
-Spider-Man
-Stray Bullets
-Finder (in Dark Horse Presents)
-Cinema Purgatorio

Mini-series
-Mercury Heat
-Barrier

And I'll be checking out Latour/Brandon's Black Cloud (though I'm not expecting to like it), Luna/Vaughn's Eternal Empire and Bendis/Marquez's The Defenders (really digging what Bendis is doing in Jessica Jones).

Right now Rucka/Lark's Lazarus and Gillen/Gete's Über: Invasion have me the most excited. Lazarus' world building and characters are incredible. Rucka/Fernańdez's The Old Guard 1 was a solid first issue. The art and colors are amazing. It's also great to have Sex Criminals and Southern Bastards coming out regularly for the time being.

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
A year since the last post on this one ............ anyone on pull lists and if so ... of what?

have debated jumping on a couple , lil therapeutic chill time readin' :p

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
how do most pull list shipping work? they send you each copy or bulk up a few before mailing? bag and board? protected from damage packaging? any experience ? thinking of subbing to Savage Dragon

Physical Ongoing
-Pearl (starts Aug)
-Powers
-Scarlet
-Venom
-The Goddamned
-Kick-Ass (starts Sep)
-Lazarus
-Moonshine
-Redneck
-Saga
-Sex Criminals
-Southern Bastards
-I Am A Hero
-Touching Evil
-Copra

Physical Limited-Series
-Cosmic Ghost Rider (starts Jul)
-Copra Versus
-From Hell: Master Edition (starts Sep)
-The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Tempest
-The Raid (starts Aug)

Digital Ongoing
-Stray Bullets
-Babyteeth

Digital Limited-Series
-Mister Miracle
-Crossed + 100: Mimic

Upcoming
-Cover
-Dead Guy Fan Club
-Batman: Damned

And I'm hoping for more Cates Thanos and Ennis Crossed before the end of the year. Also looking forward to more Bendis Jinxworld and his DC curated-line announcements.

This is the longest my pull list has been in a while. Lazarus and Über: Invasion are still my top picks. Really been getting into Donny Cates. Redneck is my new favorite series and Venom is off to a great start (Stegman is killing the art). I'm super excited for the return of Scarlet and the debut of Bendis and Gaydos' first creator-owned collaboration, Pearl. I'm only getting Kick-Ass for Marcelo Frusin's art. The first two issues of Crossed + 100: Mimic have been really good, much better than I was expecting. Definitely a worthy follow-up to the original Moore/Spurrier series, though it could do with far fewer pin-ups. Can't wait for The Raid. Batman: Damned is probably my most anticipated comic of 2018. I'm hoping for a mini-series, but think it's more likely gonna be a graphic novel.

• Thanks
A year since the last post on this one ............ anyone on pull lists and if so ... of what?

have debated jumping on a couple , lil therapeutic chill time readin' :p

Man, I remember a time when my pull list had 40+ monthly comics on it. Of course, that was back when I had zero responsibility and a lot of disposable income. :LOL:

As of right now at my LCBS, my pull list contains these monthlies:
  • Amazing Spider-Man
  • Exiles
  • Immortal Hulk
  • Oblivion Song
  • Skyward
  • Venom
  • The Weatherman
  • X-Men: Red
On top of that, there's also these mini-series/one-shots on hold:
  • Avengers: Halloween Special (one-shot)
  • Batman/The Maxx
  • Cover
  • Heroes in Crisis
  • Hunt for Wolverine: Adamantium Agenda
  • Hunt for Wolverine: Claws of a Killer
  • Hunt for Wolverine: Dead Ends (one-shot)
  • Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor
  • Hunt for Wolverine: Weapon Lost
  • The Magic Order
  • Miss Fury
  • Pearl
  • Return of Wolverine
  • What If? X-Men (one-shot)
I'll try out most first issues of new Image series. I currently have the first issues of Crowded, Cold Spots, Blackbird, and Exosisters on hold. I'll also buy the occasional variant cover if the art's by Bill Sienkiewicz, David Mack, Sam Keith, Dale Keown, or Ryan Ottley. Batman #50 left a sour taste in my mouth, but I've otherwise been enjoying Tom King's run on the book. Debating whether to continue with it. I have Justice League Dark #1 waiting in my pull box right now. If I enjoy it, that may end up on my monthly pull list. And then there's a few monthlies that I've fallen behind on that I'm going to catch up to soon and re-add to my pull list: Saga, Paper Girls, Rat Queens, Lazarus, The Wicked + The Divine... all amazing books from Image that I can't wait to get back into.

So there you have it. A look into what Ken reads/collects. :p

Physical Ongoing
-Pearl (starts Aug)
-Powers
-Scarlet
-Venom
-The Goddamned
-Kick-Ass (starts Sep)
-Lazarus
-Moonshine
-Redneck
-Saga
-Sex Criminals
-Southern Bastards
-I Am A Hero
-Touching Evil
-Copra

Physical Limited-Series
-Cosmic Ghost Rider (starts Jul)
-Copra Versus
-From Hell: Master Edition (starts Sep)
-The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Tempest
-The Raid (starts Aug)

Digital Ongoing
-Stray Bullets
-Babyteeth

Digital Limited-Series
-Mister Miracle
-Crossed + 100: Mimic

Upcoming
-Cover
-Dead Guy Fan Club
-Batman: Damned

And I'm hoping for more Cates Thanos and Ennis Crossed before the end of the year. Also looking forward to more Bendis Jinxworld and his DC curated-line announcements.

This is the longest my pull list has been in a while. Lazarus and Über: Invasion are still my top picks. Really been getting into Donny Cates. Redneck is my new favorite series and Venom is off to a great start (Stegman is killing the art). I'm super excited for the return of Scarlet and the debut of Bendis and Gaydos' first creator-owned collaboration, Pearl. I'm only getting Kick-Ass for Marcelo Frusin's art. The first two issues of Crossed + 100: Mimic have been really good, much better than I was expecting. Definitely a worthy follow-up to the original Moore/Spurrier series, though it could do with far fewer pin-ups. Can't wait for The Raid. Batman: Damned is probably my most anticipated comic of 2018. I'm hoping for a mini-series, but think it's more likely gonna be a graphic novel.

I'm loving Donny Cates lately, too. His Venom run has been crazy-good! How's Babyteeth and Über: Invasion?

@falseface @tridon Nice, I’m starting slow just got on pull for

Immortal Hulk
Judge Dredd
Iron Man Tony Stark

Will likely add Savage Dragon for old times sake.

Debating on Cosmic Ghost Rider , Spider-Man and Captain America but will read issue 1 to see

• Thanks

Immortal Hulk
Judge Dredd
Iron Man Tony Stark

Debating on Cosmic Ghost Rider , Spider-Man and Captain America but will read issue 1 to see

Keep in mind that Savage Dragon is not the Dragon that you probably remember. These days, it follows Dragon's son and his family, it takes place in Canada, and Erik Larsen really likes drawing vaginas now. :joy:

Immortal Hulk
Judge Dredd
Iron Man Tony Stark

Keep in mind that Savage Dragon is not the Dragon that you probably remember. These days, it follows Dragon's son and his family, it takes place in Canada, and Erik Larsen really likes drawing vaginas now. :joy:

I was wondering as I’ve seen some covers but just kept passing on them. Kid dragons. Like for real for real drawing that ? He does seem the eccentric type after watching some YouTube vid interviews

I was wondering as I’ve seen some covers but just kept passing on them. Kid dragons. Like for real for real drawing that ? He does seem the eccentric type after watching some YouTube vid interviews

Yeah, man. There's been a bunch of XXX scenes during the past year or so. He even released a XXX variant cover for one issue.

Yeah, man. There's been a bunch of XXX scenes during the past year or so. He even released a XXX variant cover for one issue.
I'm surprised there are are enough sales to make it worth doing but i guess there is. Probably due to the Image set up and he being a partner and owning his own creation.

• Thanks