What's on your Pull Card?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
View attachment 95148 What Are You Currently Reading?

Aqua Man - New 52
Wolverine series
And different ones here and there.

Attachments

• comic2.jpeg
    comic2.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 487
Last edited by a moderator:
What are you currently collecting?

Anything in particular?

I'm trying to catch up on back issues of Wolverine, Savage Dragon, and Kinda Iron Man ... also getting the new52 of a few mostly Aqua Man for now.

Attachments

• 131427-162206-comic-book-care_super.jpg
    131427-162206-comic-book-care_super.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 292
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PunkNinja
Im not much of a comic girl...but i do collect a "comic" here from brazil, its more childish, but i love it, ive been reading and collecting them since i was 8...lol

MOnica+1.jpg

:) its cute...i love them...:) they are in portuguese but i found this in english...

here is a portuguese one...:)

turma_da_monica-8938.gif

:drool:

ps. sorry if it doesnt apply to the thread...:)

Reactions: ran94 and Wreck
I am more into DC...but nowadays I find the library to be a great, great resource...I can borrow around 30 graphic novels and catch up on old titles...especially non-DC stories, Marvel, Vertigo, etc.

I collect Star Wars (Dark Horse) and DC titles but like them in graphic novels and preferably hard covers....just looks nicer to handle...like a steelbook vs. amaray type of comparison, don't you think? I will never buy retail though...my favourite "used" bookstore always gets over stock and I get them half price or less...I am eyeing those GL Gil Kane omnibus...still prettyy expensive at $30.00 each (that is half price!)

Slowly working on my Amazing Spiderman collection. I have as early as #20 and I know I'm going to have problems earlier than that with the $$$

I really am into graphic novels though.

The only physical comic books that I still pull and then buy at my lcbs are Wolverine, Wolverine and the X-Men and Invincible (the best superhero comic book on stands today).

In the hardcover/trade paperback format, I've been collecting 30 Days of Night, Astonishing X-Men, Daredevil, Powers and The Punisher (MAX), and while these series are now over, I proudly own Supreme Power and Y: The Last Man (my absolute favourite comic book series of all time).

With that said, I buy most of my weekly comic books digitally through the comiXology app on my iPhone (which is hilarious because, being a comic book reader of 25 years, I used to be totally against the format). My current digital pull list consists of Atomic Robo, Justice League, Locke & Key, Mind the Gap, Morning Glories, Saga, Saucer Country, Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man, Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates, Ultimate Comics: X-Men, The Walking Dead, Witch Doctor and Wonder Woman. I'm also buying Action Comics, Aquaman, Batman, Detective Comics and The Incredible Hulk, but I haven't really been enjoying those lately, so they're all on the chopping block. For mini-series, I've been buying America's Got Powers and the started-off-cool-but-now-is-just-horrendously-bad Avengers vs. X-Men.

Phew!

I'm coming to the point where I'll be dropping a LOT, though, including all physical copies. I used to love my physical comic books, but in this day and age, digital's been cheaper for me and much more convenient in the sense that they don't take up closet space, I don't have to worry about condition/value and there's no more agony if I don't collect all the variant covers. Plus I can read comics all day at work and not get caught. ;)

Right now I'm enjoying the most recent Batman run. The whole owl situation is quite interesting. Also reading Justice League and Avengers vs XMen