Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
mashup_anime_collage_by_dinocojv-d8af5lu.jpg
disney-characters-collage-by-jen-riley.jpg

...just kidding. :rofl:

I don't have that one movie, that I could pick... If we're talking classic and/or CG anime/animation (Stop Motion included) I'd say the following:
- Ghost in the Shell
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Toki o kakeru shôjo)
- The Lego Movie
- Coraline
- Nightmare before Christmas
- Animatrix (in my eyes most of the shorts are amazing. Really like "World Record", "Kid's Story" and "A Detective Story")
- X - The Movie (although it must have been more than 5 years or so since I last watched it; perhaps it wouldn't be on this list after I rewatch it..)

Yeah, I know there's no Ghibli movie in it, but that doesn't mean I don't like 'em. It's just that I favor others a lil more.
Further honorable mentions: Akira, Cowboy Bebop The Movie, Princess Mononoke, Wall-E, Grave of the Fireflies, Inside Out, The Man Who Planted Trees (watch it on Youtube for free), ParaNorman, Mary & Max, Persepolis, Paprika, Heavy Metal, Daft Punk - Interstella 5555, 5 Centimeters per Second, Plague Dogs

Dammit I have to stop now, otherwise it'd be too much. :wacky:

From time to time there are some movies, that I'd file under special interest and not as a classic animated movie, such as:
- Waking Life
- A Scanner Darkly
- The Congress
- Waltz with Bashir

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
Yea there are too many to list. @PunkNinja May be you should make it strictly Japanese animation or at least Asian animation since there are some good animation from other parts of Asia as well. And possibly create another thread for CG/stop motion animation? I dont know. Just a suggestion.

I'll just stick to Japanese anime for this list. And if we're doing favorites:
  • I love every Dragon Ball Z movie
  • then Hayao Miyazaki films. Some more than others but generally love them all.
  • Also love every Mamoru Hosuda's films so far. Yes, including Digimon :D
  • Then some classics like Akira, GITS, Ninja Scroll
There are probably others i'm not thinking of right now. Damn, that's a lot still :LOL:

• Thanks
Just started the original run of Neon Genesis Evangellion- both on recommendation, and because the Director of the series directed two other Anime series that I adore: Wolf's Rain and Kikaider: The Animation.
I like it a lot so far.

• Thanks
Fate/stay night: unlimited blade works season 2(As you can see in my avatar, My favorite character is Archer)
kimetsu no yaiba (I finished this anime a week ago, and I got to say this anime is a masterpiece)
Tokyo ghoul season 2(my favorite part in the last episode when kaneki carry hide in the street)
one punch man
overlord
shokugeki no soma(I heard the ending in the manga is worst, I hope they change it in anime)

Akira has to be one of my all-time favourites along with the Toy Story films.
Used to watch a ton of Anime years back like Guyver, Ghost in the Shell, Appleseed to name a few but recently I've been watching Dragon Ball z as my boys big into it :thumbs:

Reactions: Billy Talent
Good on your boys :D. DBZ is EPIC! My fav.

Well hell in that case DRAGONBALL Z BROLY THE LEGENDARY SUPER SAIJAN the 1993 version, I do enjoy the newer one Dragon ball Super broly but prefer the 1993 look.

Also top of my head loads I am missing btw:

Perfect Blue
Princess Mononoke
Ghost in the Shell
Coraline (stop motion)
Corpse Bride (stop motion)

Well hell in that case DRAGONBALL Z BROLY THE LEGENDARY SUPER SAIJAN the 1993 version, I do enjoy the newer one Dragon ball Super broly but prefer the 1993 look.

Also top of my head loads I am missing btw:

Perfect Blue
Princess Mononoke
Ghost in the Shell
Coraline (stop motion)
Corpse Bride (stop motion)
Yes, I also prefer the look of the 90s but I thought the newer one had a better story. Both voiced by the same English actor I believe, until Funimation fired him.

Reactions: Billy Talent
Top 5
1. Castle in the Sky
2. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
3. Akira - it absolutely blew me away when it first came out. Technical masterpiece.
4. Your Name - beautiful, I think it's the only animation I've ever cried watching :cry:
5. The Castle of Cagliostro