What's Your Favourite Local Vinyl Store?

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Vinyl stores were quickly becoming a thing of the past, but with the recent increase in record sales there now seems to be more stores stocking them again.

My local record store closed down a long time ago unfortunately. However, I visited HMV the other week and was greeted with this sight...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

I honestly felt like I'd just walked into heaven! So not only are HMV my favourite place to buy Blu's/Steelbooks, but they're now also my favourite store to browse for vinyls.

Feel free to post photos of your favourite record store and share your stories. :)

The only record store I go to is HMV, the Liverpool branch does have quite a few Records but not many that interest me (I am mainly after Movie Soundtracks on Vinyl). There are a couple of record stores in town but I have yet to go visit them, I might poke my head in one or two of them at some point

Reactions: Noodles
The only record store I go to is HMV, the Liverpool branch does have quite a few Records but not many that interest me (I am mainly after Movie Soundtracks on Vinyl). There are a couple of record stores in town but I have yet to go visit them, I might poke my head in one or two of them at some point
Yeah, that's my only complaint with HMV's selection at the moment... there's no soundtracks. The HMV near me has literally only just started stocking vinyl though, so I'm hoping they'll expand on that section over time. It might even be worth us sending them some feedback on what we'd like to see... I actually filled out a questionnaire from them a few days ago and mentioned how happy I was to see that they were now selling vinyls. I know they're always happy to hear customers feedback via Twitter and Facebook, and I'll probably try and mention it to the staff the next time I visit, as they always seem to be up for a friendly chat if the shop's not too busy.

Reactions: Tacozilla
HMV Liverpool has about 10 to 15 or so in its Soundtrack section, it needs to be a lot bigger. Id rather walk in to a store and pick up a record then order it online (mainly because a lot of the soundtracks I have ordered have come from America). I noticed my local HMV had some nice protective sleeves, not sure on the thickness or quality of them but nice that they stock such things.

We like to browse around antique shops for stuff like this:)
Antique shops are definitely a great place to find vinyls. There's actually a greetings card shop in town that has a back room full of old records... I didn't even realise it was there until I got talking to the owner about a few of the Beatles vinyls he had displayed in the window. The shop is typically known as a card shop, but I honestly think they have more vinyls in there than they do cards lol.

Reactions: digitalbabe
Honestly, i buy almost all of my vinyl online. It's usually cheaper, and my little local vinyl store, usually doesn't carry what i'm looking for.

Antique shops are definitely a great place to find vinyls. There's actually a greetings card shop in town that has a back room full of old records... I didn't even realise it was there until I got talking to the owner about a few of the Beatles vinyls he had displayed in the window. The shop is typically known as a card shop, but I honestly think they have more vinyls in there than they do cards lol.

i usually hate it to correct others, but in this case i cant resist anymore. plural of vinyl is vinyl, not vinylS. ;) there is no such word as "vinyls". :)
it's either vinyl, or records, or vinyl records. but NOT vinyls. :)

i usually hate it to correct others, but in this case i cant resist anymore. plural of vinyl is vinyl, not vinylS. ;) there is no such word as "vinyls". :)
it's either vinyl, or records, or vinyl records. but NOT vinyls. :)
Haha you sound just like my dad... he's forever correcting me on that too, and yet I still (accidentally) say it all the time. :naughty::p

Reactions: severo