Which SteelBook case was your first love?

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Happy Valentine's day Ninjas!

Which SteelBook was your first love and got you into this hobby? Feel free to share photos.

ezgif.com-resize.gif

I remember having the DVD sin city and clover field steels and the avatar blu Ray steel and then the district 9 steelbook. I didn’t get another for a good 2 years until when I see the dark knight trilogy (single steels) up for pre order and started from there.
I remember then pre ordering those 3 and buying battle royale, old boy and hell boy but the first love didn’t come until HMV drive, zavvi finding nemo, Aladdin and roger rabbit. which I managed to get in the same week. Then I joined this site

Then the first premium I bought was kimchi Her and fell in love with well made premiums from that point

For me it was the release of the Back To The Future Trilogy steelbook in Canada in 2015. It was released at the same time as the flux capacitor box set. I had never heard of steelbooks until then. I bought both editions.

My collection started about 2 years ago with the Quentin Tarantino Django and shutter Island steelboks while buying it off someoene local and not understanding the concecpt of it and the rest is history with the don't breath FAC a few months later here

HA, I wasn´t even sure what was my first steel until this thread, so I started to dig up old files with photos and also in my movie library in online database, and found out that my first steel was ...

...Metropolis :wow::OMG::D - that horizontal one from Eureka entertainment in 2010, I found the old photos...(got it together with The Exorcist digibook at same time, man how I love that digibook :oohyeah::drool::coffee:

DSC00148.JPG
DSC00144.JPG

BUT, I don´t recall to fell in love with steelbooks just with that Metropolis, but it certainly got my attention, so I continue immediatelly, and steelbooks which followed were these :

DSC00235.JPG
DSC00238.JPG

aaaaand I definitely fell in love with those :oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah::drool::drool::drool: , so I continued and this was my first bunch of awesome steelbooks :cigar: (I liked them all but I remember how I was amazed by that Total Recall back then, that was probably the one which got me most :oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah:)

DSC00260.JPG
DSC00262.JPG

Thanks for a great thread @Apollon :thumbs::joy:

I think HMV Drive was first buy and i picked it up by accident. After that my first love was the Canadian Inglorious Basterds with the gun butt. Still my fave of all time.
Great choice! IB Canada is still one of my top 25 favourites. And in getting it, I discovered my no. 6 favourite movies of all time - one that I can watch again and again.