Which Universal Pictures movie would you like to see from Titans of Cult?

Mar 23, 2021
Hi everyone.

I work for Universal Pictures Home Entertainment and I'm just looking at a title listing for our 2022 Titans of Cult releases. What titles would you most love to see on Titans of Cult from our Catalogue?

Thought starters: Jaws / Gladiator / Spartacus / The Thing / Scarface / Jurassic Park

Very keen to get your thoughts though and create something you guys want! Tagging a few of you to get the thread active :) @Noodles / @IRON MAN / @Flloydo /

Hi everyone! Sorry for the lack of response on my part. I've just read through all 7 pages of feedback, some clear patterns emerging...We're digesting this internally so bare with us!

With regards to title selection it's obviously a very subjective topic. However, just so you can understand from our perspective we need to sell Titans of Cult across multiple territories and rights for films are often scattered across the world. We have a minimum order quantity to hit and it's much easier to hit this quantity on a Jurassic / Scarface (where the majority of territories have rights). Also, Titans of Cult is a 4K UHD range so we obviously need a 4K master and authoring is very expensive, especially when we adding languages / subtitles for territories across the world.

Children of Men is perhaps my favourite shout from this thread - we don't have it on 4K UHD currently but it's on our wish list ;)

Lastly it's not Titans of Cult or nothing. We are still releasing Steelbooks outside of Titans of Cult and will also be creating our own Special Editions. Anyway some great feedback. Artwork is very subjective and remember we obviously have legal restrictions / style guides to adhere to.

We're fans like you guys so of course doing our best :)

Hi everyone! Sorry for the lack of response on my part. I've just read through all 7 pages of feedback, some clear patterns emerging...We're digesting this internally so bare with us!

With regards to title selection it's obviously a very subjective topic. However, just so you can understand from our perspective we need to sell Titans of Cult across multiple territories and rights for films are often scattered across the world. We have a minimum order quantity to hit and it's much easier to hit this quantity on a Jurassic / Scarface (where the majority of territories have rights). Also, Titans of Cult is a 4K UHD range so we obviously need a 4K master and authoring is very expensive, especially when we adding languages / subtitles for territories across the world.

Children of Men is perhaps my favourite shout from this thread - we don't have it on 4K UHD currently but it's on our wish list ;)

Lastly it's not Titans of Cult or nothing. We are still releasing Steelbooks outside of Titans of Cult and will also be creating our own Special Editions. Anyway some great feedback. Artwork is very subjective and remember we obviously have legal restrictions / style guides to adhere to.

We're fans like you guys so of course doing our best :)
Hi,

Great to hear we may get some standard Steelbooks. Please consider:

Land Before Time
Love Actually
Miami Vice (06)

As to my knowledge no region has these as steelbooks and they're varied titles. Also please put titles on the front of your future releases where possible :)

Take care

Inglorious Basterds Idk GIF
Hi Wreck, have you got a photo of your Basterds editions laid out?

Hah, yes, you're right, I, too, have maybe 15 editions of it, and Blade Runner, The Fifth Element, a dozen of The Matrix, etc. But those are exceptions, and I was trying to be realistic, going by overall average.
If one is collecting as long, as me, or at least from the DVD days, they'll have at least 3 releases of most titles.
Lenny, what film do you have the most special editions of? Do you have any pics of them all laid out?

Hi Wreck, have you got a photo of your Basterds editions laid out?
A lot of work to lay out the IB collection ... so while these pics are missing a number of new editions ... here's a blast from the past (at the old house) November 2018 ... still own these and many more!
World's largest IB collection (I presume) and who knows maybe I'm a top 5 in Tarantino stuff! (much more not pictured)
IMG-0483.jpg

IMG-0484.jpg

IMG-0485.jpg

IMG-0486.jpg

IMG-0487.jpg

IMG-0488.jpg

IMG-0490.jpg

IMG-0491.jpg

IMG-0492.jpg

Most probably mentioned, but really, you need big-hitters with amazing artwork...

In alphabetical order...

Back to the Future
E.T. The Extra-terrestrial
Jaws
Jurassic Park
Psycho
Scarface
The Thing
The Warriors (theatrical cut)

A lot of work to lay out the IB collection ... so while these pics are missing a number of new editions ... here's a blast from the past (at the old house) November 2018 ... still own these and many more!
World's largest IB collection (I presume) and who knows maybe I'm a top 5 in Tarantino stuff! (much more not pictured)
View attachment 534463
View attachment 534462
View attachment 534461
View attachment 534460
View attachment 534459
View attachment 534458
View attachment 534457
View attachment 534456
View attachment 534455
Is that all?!?

200.gif

;)
Wow, awesome IG collection!

View attachment 534463
View attachment 534462
View attachment 534461
View attachment 534460
View attachment 534459
View attachment 534458
View attachment 534457
View attachment 534456
View attachment 534455
Hi Wreck, that's quite simply incredible. Do you have an email address I could contact you on? Are you UK or US based? I work at Universal Pictures UK Home Entertainment and created the Inglourious Basterds 'Complete Basterds Edition' with a colleague of mine and we would love to send you a copy if you don't have it already?

• Friendly
Reactions: Wreck and Flloydo
Hi Wreck, that's quite simply incredible. Do you have an email address I could contact you on? Are you UK or US based? I work at Universal Pictures UK Home Entertainment and created the Inglourious Basterds 'Complete Basterds Edition' with a colleague of mine and we would love to send you a copy if you don't have it already?
No worries, just send it to 4827MC, ###, Breda, the Netherlands. I'll make sure it'll arrive at @Wreck his castle ;)

Lenny, what film do you have the most special editions of? Do you have any pics of them all laid out?
I'm not sure, as I've said, likely of The Fifth Element, but I wouldn't call many of them 'special', - like on Wreck's photo, many are regular releases of the time, just with new special features or packaging.
The Dark Knight, as I understood going through them a few months ago, is also one I got at least 15 of, 'unintentionally', meaning it's not really a top favorite movie - just Warner had many interesting editions all over the world with photocards, in digibooks, etc.
But I don't have them all layed out together, most are in boxes right now, as I'm moving apartments, which I'm thinking of turning into moving out of the country now (Siberia, Russia).

• Wow
Reactions: Lutzo