Premium Supporter
Oct 3, 2011
Netherlands
Release date: June 17th 2015
Price: 20,99 euro
Purchase link: Bol.com

9200000040479444.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see how this can be the artwork. Unless they somehow got in contact with the user Bottlerocket from the Empire forums. They can't just take artwork they found online and make it, royalties have to be paid to the artist. I highly highly doubt this will be the finished product.

I don't see how this can be the artwork. Unless they somehow got in contact with the user Bottlerocket from the Empire forums. They can't just take artwork they found online and make it, royalties have to be paid to the artist. I highly highly doubt this will be the finished product.

Of course they got in contact, the confirmation is right there on the Empire forums.

First Empire congratulate (CONGRATS TO SIMCARPE! Simcarpe, yes you, Simcarpe, you've won! Thanks to everyone to playing though, and here's to more and more of these bad boys as they days roll on.) Simcarpe with this artwork:

whiplash-mock-up_zpsi2dft89j.jpg

And now all of a sudden
UPDATE: Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have a new winner of the Whiplash design competition. Congratulations, bottlerocket! The steelbook will be available from 1 June exclusively at Zavvi.com

But... what does that mean for this bol.com release... al pretty vague in my opinion!

Yesterday I asked bol.com what the artwork is based on (Empire or just a placeholder) and how reliable it is, this will be the final artwork.
Their answer made me speechless, think they didn't understand what I meant with 'based on'

:hungry:

Dutch:
Onlangs heeft u aangegeven te willen weten waar het artwork op de website van de DVD Whiplash (Steelbook) op is gebaseerd. Wij hebben dit voor u nagevraagd.
Wanneer u de synopsis leest ziet u dat het om drummen gaat. Op de cover ziet u een cymbal.
Wij hopen u hiermee voldoende te hebben geïnformeerd.

Translation:
You have recently indicated that you want to know what the artwork on the website of the DVD Whiplash (Steelbook) is based on.
We have checked this for you. When you read the synopsis you see that the movie is about drumming. On the cover you see a cymbal.
We hope to have informed you sufficiently.

:hurting:

Guess you were wrong huh?

So the dutch website was faster than anyone else when it came to updating the artwork?

Nicely done!

Yesterday I asked bol.com what the artwork is based on (Empire or just a placeholder) and how reliable it is, this will be the final artwork.
Their answer made me speechless, think they didn't understand what I meant with 'based on'

:hungry:

Dutch:
Onlangs heeft u aangegeven te willen weten waar het artwork op de website van de DVD Whiplash (Steelbook) op is gebaseerd. Wij hebben dit voor u nagevraagd.
Wanneer u de synopsis leest ziet u dat het om drummen gaat. Op de cover ziet u een cymbal.
Wij hopen u hiermee voldoende te hebben geïnformeerd.

Translation:
You have recently indicated that you want to know what the artwork on the website of the DVD Whiplash (Steelbook) is based on.
We have checked this for you. When you read the synopsis you see that the movie is about drumming. On the cover you see a cymbal.
We hope to have informed you sufficiently.

:hurting:

Hahaha! Brilliant! :D

Is it confirmed that it will be gloss and debossed just as the Zavvi one?
Because the Dutch Desperado wasn't embossed or glossy, but the Zavvi one was...

Ordered in Italy as well and am also hoping it will be glossy and debossed. But I'm fairly certain it will be, so I'm sitting back and waiting for this beauty of this excellent movie to arrive. :cigar:

Reactions: Akina and dan8885