Whiplash - in theaters October 10, 2014 (limited)

kbr1656

Ninja Mountaineer
Premium Supporter
Mar 15, 2011
Morgantown, WV
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Whiplash (2014)

Tagline: The road to greatness can take you to the edge.

Genre: [GENRE]Music[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Damien Chazelle[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Miles Teller[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]J.K. Simmons[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Melissa Benoist[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Austin Stowell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jayson Blair[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kavita Patil[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Paul Reiser[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nate Lang[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chris Mulkey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Damon Gupton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Suanne Spoke[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Max Kasch[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charlie Ian[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kofi Siriboe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]C.J. Vana[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tarik Lowe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tyler Kimball[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rogelio Douglas Jr.[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adrian Burks[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Joseph Bruno[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael D. Cohen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jocelyn Ayanna[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Keenan Henson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Janet Hoskins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]April Grace[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Clifton 'Fou Fou' Eddie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Calvin C. Winbush[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Marcus Henderson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tony Baker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Henry G. Sanders[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sam Campisi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jimmie Kirkpatrick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Keenan Allen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ayinde Vaughan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Shai Golan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Yancey Wells[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Candace Roberge[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Krista Kilber[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Cici Leah Campbell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Damien Coates[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kyle Julian Graham[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ellee Jane Hounsell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Stephen Hsu[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Herman Johansen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Wendee Lee[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dakota Lupo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jesse Mitchell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Amanda Newman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Joseph Oliveira[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michelle Ruff[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daniel Weidlein[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2014-10-10[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]105[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Under the direction of a ruthless instructor, a talented young drummer begins to pursue perfection at any cost, even his humanity.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
lIv1QinFqz4dlp5U4lQ6HaiskOZ.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:

A promising young drummer enrolls at a cutthroat music conservatory where his dreams of greatness are mentored by an instructor who will stop at nothing to realize a student's potential..

Director: Damien Chazelle

Starring: Miles Teller, J.K. Simmons, Paul Reiser

Trailer:

whiplash.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kaw
I did not see a thread for this, and seeing as how this was one of the best films of 2014, I thought it deserved its own thread.

I absolutely loved this film! Just watching those final 10 minutes wore me out. :p

Reactions: kaw
@Noodles I KNOW! That finale... just crazy good. The more and more i think about this film, the more i like it.
and i just found out they shot this film in 19 days!!! umm WHAT!? Incredible.

EPIC... simply EPIC!!!
The whole movie got me (as a drummer that studied at College in drums) on the edge of my seat the whole time....
But for the finale... I was just mesmerized... it could have lasted the entire night, I would have listened to it 'til the end...

19 days movie... with a tiny budget... AMAZING work! And M. Simons, you truly deserve ALL the praise you got at the Oscars and all, you were THE antagonist every musician needs but without crossing the line like you did... ;)

Reactions: Noodles