Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 1 Votes
Title: White Noise

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance

Director: Noah Baumbach

Cast: Adam Driver, Greta Gerwig, Raffey Cassidy, Don Cheadle, Jodie Turner-Smith, Sam Nivola, May Nivola, Alessandro Nivola, André 3000

Plot: Jack Gladney, professor of Hitler studies at The-College-on-the-Hill, husband to Babette, and father to four children/stepchildren, is torn asunder by "the Airborne Toxic Event", a cataclysmic train accident that casts chemical waste over his town.

white_noise.jpeg

This was a such a strange film but I kinda loved it. Thought the family were hilarious with their quips, facts, questions, comments and randomness. Greta Gerwig and Adam driver was fantastic and also great to see André 3000 acting again. One of the few good rapper actors.

Also that absolute banger at the end with the dance number by the great LCD Soundsystem Is worth a listen

Reactions: 3Maters
I don't know what I just watched, I just know I didn't like it. It's like a raw, unprocessed and unedited mind puke of a 'mentally challenged' person. There's some good ideas, scenes, and characters in there, and it could've been a nice retro dramedy, but it drowns in its own white noise. People don't talk like that. It doesn't feel like 80's, except for the older cars. Characters are 'quirky' for quirkiness' sake.
Main message, remain calm, and keep shopping. Be compliant. A good little ***** slave. Oh, and there's something about family values too, from three-time cheating divorcees.
Noah Baumbach started strong a few years ago in '95 (I'm a millennial, 90's were a few years ago for us) with Kicking and Screaming, but he wrote that one himself. This is based on someone's crazy book, that should've remained in book form.

I love LCD soundsystem anyway but I haven’t stopped listening to New Body Rhumba since watching this. Such a tune

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database