Who here has a plasma?

I have a Pioneer Kuro 50". Best display I've seen and most natural looking. But I'm biased. :D

Couldn't agree more. When I was deciding what to get (which didn't really take that long) I was surprised at how fake some of the pictures looked on other displays.m

Reactions: snsguy
I had a 50" Plasma before I traded it in for my 55" LED. I traded because I did not like the glass panel on front. Do they make them with the non-glare glass? The salesman told me they had to be glass for the Plasma cells to work properly.

I like the glass on plasmas. I don't really have to worry about light reflection in our living room/HT so that might be why.

Couldn't agree more. When I was deciding what to get (which didn't really take that long) I was surprised at how fake some of the pictures looked on other displays.m

Totally agree. Every time I see an LCD with all the Motion Fixer stuff going on it it makes me almost sick. It's so fake looking and looks like there moving faster then there supposed to be. Not natural looking at all.

I like the glass on plasmas. I don't really have to worry about light reflection in our living room/HT so that might be why.

Totally agree. Every time I see an LCD with all the Motion Fixer stuff going on it it makes me almost sick. It's so fake looking and looks like there moving faster then there supposed to be. Not natural looking at all.

Agreed... Never found a single tv ever with those dumb motion mode's ever work properly. The image on screen looks horrendous with those modes turned on.

What are you guys talking about Motion Mode. I have a Vizio and would never buy anything different. I think the picture quality is amazing

What are you guys talking about Motion Mode. I have a Vizio and would never buy anything different. I think the picture quality is amazing

Its this dumb mode that lots of tv's have built in now a days that you can turn on and its suppose to I dunno make action look smoother but all it does is make everything on screen look sh^t.

Wouldn't worry about it... if your image looks good to you 99.9% chance that if your tv has this mode its turned off or trust me you would know it was on, lol.

Reactions: snsguy and Ricker
Ya don't worry about it Rick. If it looks good to you that's what matters. Some people don't even use it on their LCD. Some LCD's don't have the function which would be better in your case. I've been impressed with Vizo to more so then other LCD companies. If I ever get an LCD for another room I would consider going with them. The Panasonic Plasmas would be my first choice because they're using the Pioneer Kuros technology in them now.

Reactions: Ricker
I bought a 51 inch Samsung Plasma PS51E6500 a couple of month ago. There was some great deals on this TV with a RRP of £1200. John Lewis were price matching online retailers and giving you a 5 year warranty for less than £700.

I got mine at Richer Sounds :) and loving it. Sold my Panasonic 42 inch G10 because this samsung blows it out of the water as far as PQ is concerned, and the Smart TV stuff is really cool.

Yup when Pioneer stop making them they sold the technology to Panasonic. Now that I've had the Kuro and it's a no brainer as to which plasma to get when my Kuro :ohno: uh...lays to rest. :(

You have seriously given me some awesome info I wasn't likely to seek out on my own. The reason its awesome is because when ever our plasma dies downstairs in the rec room I was wanting to replace it with a Panasonic as I thought it was the best plasma out there ever since well as you said Kuro is no more. This just confirms that now with fact as I always thought the best picture quality image I had ever stared in my life was on a Pioneer Kuro at a friends place a couple years back.

So thanks! :thumbs:

You have seriously given me some awesome info I wasn't likely to seek out on my own. The reason its awesome is because when ever our plasma dies downstairs in the rec room I was wanting to replace it with a Panasonic as I thought it was the best plasma out there ever since well as you said Kuro is no more. This just confirms that now with fact as I always thought the best picture quality image I had ever stared in my life was on a Pioneer Kuro at a friends place a couple years back.

So thanks! :thumbs:

No problem! I was sad when Pioneer decided to not continue with Kuro's either. I was happy, as you are, to hear that as well. And from what I'm seeing Panasonic is really the leader in plasmas so I'm glad their keeping with that great Kuro technology. I will never go to an LCD for my HT or regular moving again. For me there is just no comparison. But I'm also very picky about how I see. It might be for the fact I'm nearly blind as it is so anything less then fantastic, I might as well just take my glasses off. :hilarious: I was watching Totall Recall last night and the picture was fantastic. The depth and colors were gorgeous. It reminds me why I got the Kuro in the first place. :cool:

Reactions: Jason Bourne
I'm still rockin' my Pioneer PDP-5020FD but will most likely upgrade to a 60" Panasonic 60 series when they come out in a few months. I saw the ZT60 at CES and was utterly blown away by it in their dark room comparison demo between it and the current VT50. Want, want, want :drool:

I use a Panasonic TH50PF11 Plasma panel, as i still think Plasma has the edge in picture quality in anything live action.

I think LCD has the edge on purely animated video but i wouldn't swap my Plasma, though it would be nice to have little less heat output and lower energy consumption.