Who here has a plasma?

I purchased an LG PH660V 50" 3D Plasma last Friday. I'm currently waiting with baited breath for its imminent arrival. I'm currently in the process of measuring walls as I also have a projector & screen incoming. I purchased a wall bracket this morning. Hopefully that will go up next weekend. When the Projector & Screen arrives the screen will go in front of the Plasma when watching most movies and will be retracted whenever I watch general TV or 3D movies. I don't think I'll ever go to the cinema again. Not prepared to stump up £10 a ticket for non 3D/ IMAX movies anymore.

Last edited:
I don't have one but I'm really thinking of buying one. I hate the fact that most LCD's never go fully black and over time get bright spots on the screen. Really annoys me.

But I don't have money for it atm. At all.

Added 2 Panasonic 60" ZT65 to the house last month...:scat:

King of Plasmas this year for sure!!! Cavernous black depth & drool worthy pictures in 2D. And 3D is a joy to behold as well. And I can't recommend pro calibration highly enough.... EEK! :drool:

If you can afford it buy it you will not be disappointed...:oohyeah:

Last edited:
Added 2 Panasonic 60" ZT65 to the house last month...:scat:

King of Plasmas this year for sure!!! Cavernous black depth & drool worthy pictures in 2D. And 3D is a joy to behold as well. And I can't recommend pro calibration highly enough.... EEK! :drool:

If you can afford it buy it you will not be disappointed...:oohyeah:

Really happy to read this, I bought a 65" ZT60, just waiting for it to come in (although I can't take it home until Aug 11 anyway :()

Did you do any break in period before getting it calibrated? If so, how long? I was going to do 120 hours of slides

Really happy to read this, I bought a 65" ZT60, just waiting for it to come in (although I can't take it home until Aug 11 anyway :()

Did you do any break in period before getting it calibrated? If so, how long? I was going to do 120 hours of slides

I ran it for 200 hours before getting it calibrated. But my calibration guy told me that 100 hours or even less would have been sufficient as the panels this year as with last years VT50 are extremely stable and can be calibrated pretty quickly. Unlike the VT30 which needed 400-600 hours before it was ready for calibration.

He got reference gamma, grey scale, & colour from it. With literally a flat line across the board...:D
This is by far the best plasma Panasonic have produced and being a prior Kuro owner I can say it out does it on every level.
You will be amazed at the sheer jaw dropping picture it produces buddy....:drool:
It really is a reference panel in every way..:thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: FanOfGaming
Local supplier in London wreck, called Richer Sounds / Costing £3799.95

Calibration done by pro calibrator, Dr Julian Scott, THX certified (qualified levels 1 & 2) UK based. Great guy and spent 7 hours getting the picture perfect....:scat:

It's the third set he's calibrated for me. And he's also done my projector in the cinema room. The guys a wealth of knowledge and it shows in the final results he got from both my set ups.

If your spending that kind of money on a TV or more on a projector its definitely worth every penny getting a pro calibration.

Last edited:
I asked my boss @ BP if I could go on a calibration course and he said YES. Gonna be fun.
Especially as I received my LG Plasma this evening. The pictures thus far are mind glowingly good. Been watching clips of various movies just to get an idea of how it looks. Finding Nemo is gorgeous. Dredd looked the bomb. Gonna have to rematch all my movies now. Having it wall mounted on Saturday.

can they calibrate before u take home? Dont need the geek squad in my house. :p

Haha I have no idea actually, but I think the issue would be without any break-in time, your image could change during the first couple hundred hours and you would have to get it re-calibrated

Here's my new LG 50" 3D Plasma wall mounted. Just need to sort out some cable management. Bracket was only £15 and fitted perfectly. Most AV stores were wanting upwards of £80 for an adjustable bracket. Had it set a little higher than i would have normally, but i will be hanging a 92" screen in front of it which will be retracted when i use the plasma. The picture looks AMA-a-a-zing with bottomless blacks and superb contrast. I used the ISF setting + a THX disc to get the picture how I wanted it to look. Watched the Chronicles Of Riddick last nite and it looked unbelievable.

image_zps29d41991.jpg

image_zpsd49b4866.jpg

Note that the above pictures were taken in full daylight with the curtains open.

image_zpsf47d0fa3.jpg

image_zpsff788fdf.jpg

image_zpsdeefe0ac.jpg

image_zps07aca7f9.jpg

image_zpsf9ac9480.jpg

image_zpsd6df90c6.jpg

image_zps57f99ec6.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------
can they calibrate before u take home? Dont need the geek squad in my house. :p

FOG is indeed correct, ISF calibrators will not work on a TV until it has completely broken in, normally between 100 & 600 hours, depending on model.

Last edited: