Who here has a plasma?

Had another minor tweak with the settings and WOW...

image_zpsf68bade8.jpg

image_zps5b463067.jpg

image_zpsa0b1883c.jpg

image_zps0186b33a.jpg

image_zpsa25d7ff8.jpg

image_zpsd04812d0.jpg

image_zps362c0dce.jpg

I have owned a 65" Panasonic ST60 for a few months, now. I upgraded from a 5 year old 46" Samsung LNA550 LCD, which i loved from day one until i replaced it, and donated it to my church.

I ran D-Nice's panel preparation slides for the first 100 hours, straight out of the box. Then i plugged in his settings, and didn't look back until a few days ago. I found a different set of settings which make the image slightly warmer with a bit more red, and i seem to like it even more now. For $2300 and only slight difference in performance compared to Panasonic's VT / ZT series...this panel was a bargain, and top value for the money. I'm very happy with it.

Don't buy plasma

I had a 55 inch plasma for a while but I couldn't stand how dim the picture was all the time. True, blacks look blacker than LCD but the whites look yellow or satin white. If you go to best buy, this will be the first thing you will notice. Bright colors seem faded and boring. No POP! Cheaper than LED but you do get what you pay for. Motion blur is gone so it's great for movies in a dark, dark, dark room! Every TV suffers from glare so I wont pick on it for that... The only way to get rid of glare is to buy a TV with a mat finish but now your color and vibrantness will suffer. I decided to replace it with a LED TV and it's awesome:drool: it's not even a fair comparison. LED set will get you in a movie coma right away! Colors are bright, alive, and whits are WHITE.
I bought a 55 inch LM9600 3D TV and I would recondmend it to anyone:thumbs:
My previous TV was a 55 inch Panasonic 3D Plasma

I say 75% of us watch sports or just watch TV in a well lit room... Trust me!
Don't waste your time with a plasma. Oh and paying best buy to recalibrate your TV is a joke:hilarious: all they do is add yellow! That extra $250 would be better spent on something that doesn't need it. Hope this helps... I wish I had someone provide good advise before I wasted my money on my plasma

I have had a LG60PK590 for some time now excellent machine.

Would like to get it set up properly though dark movies can be very grainy on it - I suppose it could be the blu ray player just have to look into it.

Reactions: Blu-devil
Some screenshot of High Plains Drifter, also a 4K restored BD.
The picture is so sharp that I can keep on watching it in 3.5 feet, that's less than 1.5x !

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

Last edited:
Have had a Panasonic TX-P42ST50 since July 2012 in the main bedroom. There's also an old Panny Th-37p we've had for some years - now lurking in the back bedroom.

The living room's old faithful Philips PW9763/25 CRT (and what an achievement that set was: 100hz, pixel plus, natural motion, 3 line comb filter, twin tuner, pic in pic, strobe, zoom, 92 watts rms full surround 9 speakers in set, inc massive sub, twin tweeter, plus infra red rear speakers.) finally blew her tube after 15 years of flawless work (n.b only B & O stock tubes - bought from Philips - now and they are an arm and a leg).

Replacement arrives this week: Panasonic TX-P50VT65B plasma.

That should see us well into OLED being made to work and have longevity too at a reasonable cost.

To those who spout the party line that 'you get what you pay for' and LCD is better - You have just fallen for the BS big time.
That was always plasma's problem: too many disbelievers all too ready to condemn something they neither know nor understand properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: BluRayJunkie
Big Plasma fan here. I have a Pioneer KRP-500M, PDP-509 and a 428XD model. Hope they keep soldiering on for some time!