Who is the greatest singer of all time?

jim_morrison_01.jpg

Here's my list (imo):

Elvis
Michael Jackson
Matt Bellamy
Robert Plant

And my personal favourite:

Freddie Mercury. For me he was the complete singer. R.I.P.

If you are talking about actual singing voice. For a male singer I would rate Tommy Makem (of Chancy Brothers) fame and a female singer. Agnetha Faltskog of Abba fame. Her obvious beauty tended to hide what an astonishing voice she had/has. Both to me are examples of superb singers who really do put the modern karaoke acts that pass for singers today to shame.... No coaching required for these two greats.

The greatest Singer of all time, considered by the people within the Music Industry is non other than Miss Ann Nesby.

The former lead singer of the two-time Grammy Award winning The Sounds of Blackness, Ann Nesby launched her solo career in 1996 under the auspices of Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. Her debut album, I'm Here For You, spent 60 weeks atop the R&B music charts. Throughout her Career that still goes strong, she has released countless ''Gospel House'' Singles that has come to be all time Classics. She is not Scared to go back into the Studio to turn one of her 4min song into a 12 Minute Anthem, she has worked with the leading House Producers and Remixers in the likes of David Morales and Frankie Knuckles (RIP). She has a voice that can shake the heavens and pierce right through your soul. She is the Queen of Gospel, a Legend of Gospel House Music and now an undisputed Queen of R&B and Soul...

She is one of the rare real Singer, she sounds the same in Studio and Live, there is no ''tweaking'' her voice as so many do to sound better for their album, she delivers everytime. She just released another Gospel House song called ''I Feel'' Produced by non other than ''Dj Spen''(Gypsy Woman [ladadee ladada]) the song with Sahib's touch on this ''House Gospel Groove'' goes back to the feel of the sound of the early 90's. Her Voice has not changed since we first heard her over 20 years+ ago... she can still sing her old Singles and sound exactly the same as she did way back when...She just revamped her first Success Single with G3 from The Sound Of Blackness back in 1991 called Optimistic and her voice once again on the ''house revamp'' current Single, sounds as it did when she recorded it back in 1990(Currently a House Single Played by all the major Djs all around the world)...if you see her live on youtube and watch some clips you will understand how rare it is to be able to sound like she did/does over 2 decades ago, a true Gift from God she was given.

This is the song that made me discover her 1991 Classic Gospel House one that helped defined house music Remixed by Frankie Knuckles with Terry Burrus on Piano, it does not compare to listen to this in a Club or a really nice sound system, her voice resonates to your core

Sounds Of Blackness The Pressure Pt 1 Classic 12'' Mix With Vocal Intro

I Believe (Gospel Reprise) This Version is part of the Bunch of Remixes that the Original Version was treated to, this is The Gospel Reprise from David Morales on Remix Duties, he did 2 Major version the Classic Mix and the Deliverance Dub wish are totally different, Miss Nesby went Back into the Studio with Backround Vocalist to give this song a House Treatment. Melonie Daniels, Kelly Price Shanra Price were used By David Morales on Most of Mariah Carey's Remix that she used to do same as Miss Nesby, Morales Loved going back into the Studio with the main Vocalist and those 3 Backround Singer to make the song a 3 min album mix into a 12 minute of House Heaven.

This Gospel Reprise is only 3 Minutes but oh can they Deliver ! The Original ''Classic Mix'' Vinyl remix was 11 Minutes...This version(Gospel Reprise) appeared on more limited Vinyls.

MIND BLOWING LIVE PERFORMANCE

In The Spirit (Album Mix)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another that I consider one of the best singer of all time is ''Sade'', with her Silky Smooth voice, still another one sounding the same as she did back in 1985 does not stop to amaze me with her albums that can make you feel so many emotions. Another gifted one that sounds the same Live and on her Albums.

Sade are credited as being influential to neo soul and achieved success in the 1980s with music that featured a sophisti-pop style, incorporating elements of soul, pop, smooth jazz, and quiet storm. The band was part of a new wave of British R&B-oriented artists during the late-1980s and early-1990s that also included Soul II Soul, Caron Wheeler, The Brand New Heavies, Simply Red, Jamiroquai, and Lisa Stansfield. AllMusic's Alex Henderson writes that, "Many of the British artists who emerged during that period had a neo-soul outlook and were able to blend influences from different eras". Following the coining of the term "quiet storm" by Smokey Robinson, Sade was credited for helping give the genre a worldwide audience. Adu has a contralto vocal range, that has been described as "husky and restrained" and was compared to jazz singer Billie Holiday.

Sade is another singer that when she sings, it is almost as if she caresses your soul...My favorite Album from her is ''Lovers Rock'' this album contains all songs worthy of being listened to without any fast-forwarding...''Soldier of Love'' her latest album is as Powerful and contains songs that you cannot, not be taken over by them...Soldier of Love, The Moon and The Sky, Morning Bird, Safest Place and Skin are all on my repeat list as they are pure gems...

Last edited:
Jim Morrison - he composed/wrote lyrics to his songs, he's the sexiest man ever, he was rebel, after all these years he is still on the headlines, he left legacy millions follow, he was a poet/singer/composer/actor, never did a bad record - all are conciderd classics ... etc etc ...

a52ac1aaf016f1c6e957311bdcabc8c1.jpg

Reactions: tathanos
Jim Morrison - he composed/wrote lyrics to his songs, he's the sexiest man ever, he was rebel, after all these years he is still on the headlines, he left legacy millions follow, he was a poet/singer/composer/actor, never did a bad record - all are conciderd classics ... etc etc ...

a52ac1aaf016f1c6e957311bdcabc8c1.jpg
Hell yes mine too, such a great Artist and what a voice. L.A. woman is my favourite vocals heads down before everybody else including what Cornell did (and he is my favourite with Jim)