Who is your Favorite Rapper?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
I've got a few ... never the less ...

Ice Cube, Bun B, Chamillionaire, pretty much all Texas rap. Method Man, Dre, Em

Not much for rap, but I do really like P.O.S since he seems to be something a bit different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tupac, Biggie, Mos Def, Nas, Public Enemy, Bone Thugs, De La Soul, Dr Dre, Eazy E, Daz Dillinger, Snoop (old school snoop), Lupe Fiasco, Outlawz, Mobb Deep, Jadakiss, Sheek Louch, Styles P, J-Hood, Cam'ron, Jim Jones, Juelz Santana.

Wow! will give my current top 10 rappers at the moment and top 10 of all time.

Top 10 Right Now

1-Kendrick Lamar-Kills every track he features on and his second album Good Kid M.A.A.D City is a modern classic.

2-Joe Budden--He is the most underated rapper in recent memory Mood Muzik collection are some of the craziest lyrics I have ever heard

3-Lupe Fiasco-Food And Liquor 2 was great not as good as the first in the Food and Liquor collection but beats the hell out of lasers plus if you listen to the message he delivers in his music it's inspiring

4-Slaughterhouse-Joel,Crooked,Joey and Royce Da 5'9 are 4 lyrical geniuses there debut album on Shady was great also abit more 'Mainstream' hip-hop with the pop beats but look Eminem and Slaghterhouse whats not to love.

5-eLZhi--Countless number of awesome mixtapes a new album due out and a sick back catalogue with Slum Village loved this kid since the early 2000's and has always been raw.

6-T.I.-His albums never seem to disappoint me they always have a good message in them and raps about his personal problems and even does the whole 'I got money' thing rapppers love to rap about now

7-B.o.B-love him I don't really count him as hip-hop he is more like Drake and lost between Hip-Hop and R'n'B but I cant help but love his music some of it sounds so soulful

8-J.Cole- Like Kendrick these 2 are leading the next generation of Rap music his 1st album was good and hoping he improves on his 2nd next month.

9-Hopsin-Hopsin Wow! what can I say probably the most talented lyrical MC on this list he is bringing back the horrorcore movement made big by the likes of Tech9

10-50 Cent- probably the most baffling choice I picked right? no he's the most entertaining Rap artist out there his interviews are always funny,always speaks his mind and always getting himself into trouble and keeps the dying art of Hip-Hop alive in terms of Beef he's always provoking other MCs and trying to start new wars which is great for hip hop.

All Time....

1-Nas-I don't really need to explain this choice really he's the best storyteller of all time and not only that he produces Classic after Classic album

2-Eminem-He brought Hip-Hop to the forefront of pop culture he made it so big that in the early 2000s everyone was listening to Eminem he has 3 Classic albums under his belt and relapse was truly underrated the Lyrics were so good but no one notice it because of the voice he does..Game, TI, Jay, Snoop all put Eminem in there top 3 of all time and that's for good reason he when he wants to be is untouchable if it wasn't for Recovery and Encore he' be number 1,Not only that he made the world embrace our music,our culture and for that he's up there

3-Jay Z-He has had like what 12 number 1 consecutive albums and not only that he has changed his image and the way he makes music to keep himself fresh and neew and keep the longevity in his music career

4-Tupac- Died ahead of his time don't get me wrong he was amazing but if he never died he wouldn't of sold the 80 million worldwide he has but he's never put out a bad album that's why he's he's in my top 10.

5-Rakim-He changed the way other rappers approached a beat He brought multi-syllabic lyricism to the table when other artist tried to keep it simple he has a great back catalogue of music and is lyrically Crazzzyyyyyyyy

6-Scarface Frontman of the Getto Boys his lyricism combined with his subject matter is undeniable from rapping about girls,Murder,Drugs,Hood life and other sh!t he's by far one of the all time GOATs

7-Chuck D I love him, I love Public Enemy and It's rappers like him that makes me love hip-hop he attacked the government in his music about topics like poverty racism and drugs a true hip-hop pioneer

8-DMX-I know he kinda lost it in the last few years in terms of his personal life but his music has never suffered and he has always made good music.

9-Black Thought-he spits some of the most intelligent rhymes out there and does it so fast and effortlessly that you literally need to listen so hard or you will miss something crazy.

10-KRS ONE Although he wasn’t a lyrical heavyweight, KRS One was one of the first guys to bring a real insight and consciousness to his lyrics, a development which makes him as important to rap’s history as nearly any other MC.

That's my List so more I could have put on but im tired :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Wreck
My favorite is Eminem and my no 2 is Mike Shinoda. I really love these two but to say the truth i ony know the older Hip Hop artists. I don´t know the recently popular Rapers. I´m more the Rock and Blues guy:scat: :p

Slug (from Atmosphere) is great, and so are Brother Ali, Grieves, P.O.S, Evidence ... and generally most artists on Rhymesayers Entertainment are amazing

i have quite alot, but nowadays more in to underground hip hip as mainstream hip hop is crap nowadays, i could on forever

2pac is my favourite-even have his thug life tattoo exactly the same,,biggie,big l, big pun,dre, nas, bun b, ice cube,n.w.a.,bone thugs,ludacris,dmx,warren g,eminem, xzibit,slaughterhouse, old school snoop ,scarface,geto boys,naughty by nature,onyx

now on the underground hardcore hip hop
la coka nostra, r.e.k.s. , sean price,m.o.p.,jedi mind tricks,ruste juxx,anything duck down records,ill bill,brother ali,madchild,anything wu tang clan,joel ortiz,krs 1,rakim,

i have to say dboy's list below has to be the wackest list of rappers
Wow now that i look back at this i was so young and dumb.This list has changed...A whole lot

1.J.Cole
2.Drake
3.Nipsey Hussle
4.Y.G
5.Nickelus . f
6.Rick Ross
7.Brisco

Last edited:
Old school Busta Rhymes, (talking of anything up to Extinction Level Event era...) Pharoahe Monch, Schoolboy Q/Jon Wayne as two newer artists, MF Doom (even if I prefer his production skills to his MC skills...) Mobb Deep/Jurassic 5/De La Soul/Cunninlynguists/Jedi Mind Tricks as group picks (though A Tribe Called Quest will ALWAYS be the #1 hip hop group)
Old school picks go to Eric B & Rakim, LL Cool J, (c'mon, 'Radio' was a slamming album...) Boogie Down Productions
Although none of the above will seem relevant when the post seems to be full of people who's hip hop 'knowledge' stretches as far as Drake, Eminem or Lil Wayne.

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

Shows the ignorance of some of the posters on this thread who refer to singers such as Akon as rappers, or refer to the track 'Gone Til November' as a hip hop track. Lose faith with humanity sometimes...

Easy this one Eminem. His vocabulary is inbelivable I find him easy to listen to . His tone as well it doesn't drone on like some of his counterparts.

O.K I have to name the main one I just find totaly grating I want to like them , because most people think he is amazing . I turn him off or down even if I like who he is colabarataing with Jay Z.

He drones like car racing If anyone can tell me just what I am missing please feel free. My friends say it is because I dont like Beyonce eather but I disliked them both independently before they got together.

Easy this one Eminem. His vocabulary is inbelivable I find him easy to listen to . His tone as well it doesn't drone on like some of his counterparts.

O.K I have to name the main one I just find totaly grating I want to like them , because most people think he is amazing . I turn him off or down even if I like who he is colabarataing with Jay Z.

He drones like car racing If anyone can tell me just what I am missing please feel free. My friends say it is because I dont like Beyonce eather but I disliked them both independently before they got together.

Totally agree. Eminem is an amazing lyricist and the speed of this rhymes are mindblowing. 'Run Rabbit Run' is a prime example of pure rapping. 3 mins solid with no chorus but just a story.

Love Busta Rhymes too. 'Gimmie Some More' is incredible as is the whole 'Extinction Level Event' album.

Growing up I was always an N.W.A. fan and Nas' Illmatic album was awesome. For all you N.W.A fans check out this video from someone with top notch editing skills:

http://youtu.be/T5ZqYc1CZiw

[YT]http://youtu.be/T5ZqYc1CZiw[/YT]

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was a younger boy, I liked 2Pac most (at that time he was still alive EEK! ) but I also do like a lot more...
Em & the D-12 Crew, N.W.A. (and later solo Dre, Ice Cube), Snoop (just the old stuff), Tha Dogg Pound, Xzibit, Wu-Tang Clan, Busta Rhymes & Flipmode Squad, DMX, Cypress Hill, Mobb Deep, M.O.P., Biggie, Nas, House Of Pain, Onyx, Naughty by Nature

... and always a lot of respect to whom who made this kind of music more popular in the early days, named
Sugar Hill Gang, Grandmaster Flash, De La Soul, Run DMC, Ice-T, Public Enemy and George Clinton (for his Funk influences)

I'm afraid, I missed one or the other but I guess I named all the essential ones...

Back in the day i like KRS-ONE.

Wutang, Nas, Mobb Deep, GZA.

For a long time i loved Bone thugs n harmony for their fresh take on hiphop,rap.

But my personal favorite is Notorious B.I.G. Christopher Wallace had it all, stage presence, charm, and most important of all, a tongue of gold.

He could win every battle before he even began, lyrically he is such in another league.

:scat:

Tupac- a lyrical genius. Even now, his music never sounds outdated. Such an intelligent articulate man, but his later years had him all too aggressive.

Everyone loves the album All Eyez on Me and rightly so, but Me Against The World is so underrated. Can U get Away, so Many Tears, Dear Mama, me Against the World, for example.

Love the 90,s stuff - Trapped, Brenda's got a baby, keep your head up... Wow the list is endless.

RIP PAC.

2Pac,Biggie Smalls,Mobbdeep,Brotha Lynch,Young bleed,Wutang these are the best in my opinion because they are old school and these are rap stars who bought hip hop in the limelight...

Kool G Rap. But, I also have to mention Vinnie Paz ( Ikon the Verbal Hologram) of Jedi Mind Tricks and Immortal Technique. Also, I have met both rappers at the Rock the Bells tour and they have the best crews too. No frontin or stuntin. And, they're accessible and easy to talk to as well.