Who's made a Hackintosh?

A hackintosh? hmm never heard the term, seeing as I never really had a Mac and always used a PC this is relatively new to me :)

Either way good luck!

yea osx on my pc.

apparently there is a specific build for my setup, so i'll try that tomorrow, i'm out of dvd's

yea osx on my pc.

apparently there is a specific build for my setup, so i'll try that tomorrow, i'm out of dvd's

its easy to do... and I've recommended it to people who want mac's before as its 10x cheaper than a real mac..

its easy to do... and I've recommended it to people who want mac's before as its 10x cheaper than a real mac..

from everything i've been reading over the past few days, there's nothing easy about it unless you've got a specific computer and osx build that is known to work

from everything i've been reading over the past few days, there's nothing easy about it unless you've got a specific computer and osx build that is known to work

My co-worker got Mac OS X running on a VM, it's definitely not an easy task. Let me know how it goes xtop

i've been at it all day...i've got it installed, but it refuses to boot into osx. apparently it just doesn't want to dual boot with xp. how annoying

i've been at it all day...i've got it installed, but it refuses to boot into osx. apparently it just doesn't want to dual boot with xp. how annoying

Too bad no bootcamp :) lol

Have you tried hiding your Windows partition and making the OS X partition Active? just a thought.

Too bad no bootcamp :) lol

Have you tried hiding your Windows partition and making the OS X partition Active? just a thought.

had to go a step further and just unplug the other drives :p

but it works now! woohoo. way too much work imo, since i already have an ibook haha

i'm too tired to post anything about it, but i'll be back tomorrow with some pics. the only thing i'm disappointed with is the display.. is less than stellar with these drivers. and hell if i'm gonna bother trying to find a better solution lol. (man i need new hardware). but hey..it works

fixed the crappy resolution problem! woohoo. still get some weird stuff happening, but hey..not gonna complain

Last edited:
had to go a step further and just unplug the other drives :p

but it works now! woohoo. way too much work imo, since i already have an ibook haha

i'm too tired to post anything about it, but i'll be back tomorrow with some pics. the only thing i'm disappointed with is the display.. is less than stellar with these drivers. and hell if i'm gonna bother trying to find a better solution lol. (man i need new hardware). but hey..it works

fixed the crappy resolution problem! woohoo. still get some weird stuff happening, but hey..not gonna complain

You need to just run it on a VM! lol sounds like it's going to make me pop a vein trying to figure it out!

You need to just run it on a VM! lol sounds like it's going to make me pop a vein trying to figure it out!

you should have been here when it screwed up my master boot record and wouldn't boot into xp anymore. eesh i was flipping hahah. but i got it all figured out now and can easily boot into either one.

i guess i lied about posting pictures tho didn't i haha

This is just another case of me not wanting to try this at home! :) lol

Plus I got a RAID on my system and I don't have any older systems to try this with. I know the MAC system doesn't support RAID-0

This is just another case of me not wanting to try this at home! :) lol

Plus I got a RAID on my system and I don't have any older systems to try this with. I know the MAC system doesn't support RAID-0

yeah i've read the stories about it not working out well with raid systems. for sure don't try :p

yeah i've read the stories about it not working out well with raid systems. for sure don't try :p

Yeah, I ain't unless I get off my butt and use some VM. I am lazy to go ahead and get the VM Workstation and go through the process. Plus finding the correct MAC OS X ISO to install this. Too much work. I'll just buy me another MacBook! lol!

BTW I've been playing with 10.6 at work for a while now and I am loving it!! I am going to make a Mac thread I got a few links where they give free software every week for Mac :)