Wii Soft Hack Thread

Wii Soft Hack

I would love to know what I have to do to hack my Wii. I see the software all over the Net but don't want to throw my money away if it doesn't really work. Is there a good website I can go to?

I would love to know what I have to do to hack my Wii. I see the software all over the Net but don't want to throw my money away if it doesn't really work. Is there a good website I can go to?

Do you have any IM account? I have the files with directions written in them, to set it up, and this can brick the wii..

Are you wanting just to run backups?

Or do you also want to enjoy DVDs on it?

Or do you want to play your backups off of a Hard Drive?

My main concern is to play backups from the WII or from a hard drive. Whichever is easier. I thought playing DVD's was just and added perk.

My main concern is to play backups from the WII or from a hard drive. Whichever is easier. I thought playing DVD's was just and added perk.

just backups themselves are 100x easier than the stupid hard drive one... as long as your still on 3.4U this will be easy..

If you want to backup your Zelda save do this:

1. Put your SD card in your Wii and turn it on.
2. Go into Wii Options --> Data Management --> Save Data --> Wii
3. Find your Zelda save, click on it, click "Copy", and click Yes
4. Put your SD card in your computer, and copy the "private" folder from the card to a safe place.
5. you can now delete the "private" folder on your SD card.

-- Installing the HomeBrew Channel--

1. Make sure that Zelda has been played at least once and you have saved the game

2. Copy the "private" directory from the "HBC installation" folder and put it on the root of your SD card.

3. Copy "boot.dol" from the "HBC installation" folder and put it on the root of your SD card.

you should now have 2 files in the root of your SD card (boot.dol and the "private" folder)

4. Put your SD card in your Wii and turn it on.

5. Go into Wii Options --> Data Management --> Save Data --> Wii.

7. Find your Zelda save, click on it, click "Erase", and click Yes.

8. Open the SD card and select the "Twilight Hack" save that corresponds to your game region.

9. Click copy and then yes. Now exit out to the main Wii Menu.

Since there are two released versions of Twilight Princess for the USA region, these users must first check the version of their game disc. Take your Zelda disc, flip it over so that the data side is facing you, and look for a small line of text next to the inner edge of the disc, between the raised circle of plastic and the data area. If the text reads "RVL-RZDE-0A-0", you have a v0 game and you should select the TwilightHack0 savegame. If the text reads "RVL-RZDE-0A-2", you have a v2 game and you should select the TwiilghtHack2 savegame. If you do not select the correct version of the save, the game will freeze and
the hack will not work.

10. Insert The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess game disc and run the game.
a. If you have the USA version of the game, load the "TwilightHack0" or "TwilightHack2" version of the game as appropriate (see the table above).
b. Otherwise, load the only "Twilight Hack" save game.

11. Once in the game, either walk backwards or talk to the man standing in front of you. Do not do anything else, like opening the inventory or it will freeze you console and you will have to hold the power button for five seconds to reset.

12. The Homebrew Channel installer should now load.

13. follow the steps in the installer.

14. Done. (you have now the HBC on your Wii Menu)

15. you can now delete the boot.dol and the "private" folder on your SD card.

-- Get the Zelda Save Back--

1. copy the "private" folder that has the Zelda save on it to the root of the SD card.

2. Put your SD card in your Wii and turn it on.

3. Go into Wii Options --> Data Management --> Save Data --> Wii.

4. erase the "Twilight Hack" save game.

5. go to the SD Card Saves and find your Zelda save, click on it, click "Copy", and click Yes

6. you have now your original Zelda save on your Wii again :)

-- Installing the Backup Loader --

note: you need to install this BEFORE the USB Loader !

1. Copy the "apps" and the "wad" folder from the "HBC SD" folder to the root of your SD card.

2. Put your SD card in your Wii and turn it on.

3. start up HomeBrew Channel.

4. klik on the "cIOS_Installer" and run it (follow the steps if it is any.. )

5. wen its done you can insert your backedup Wii game in to the Wii.

6. start HomeBrew Channel and run "Backup_Launcher"

7. make shore that the disc is in and launch the game. (you dont need to change any settings)

8. you can now delete the "cIOS_Installer" filder in your "apps" folder on yor SD card.

-- USB Loader 1.5--

1. Start HomeBrew Channel.

2. run "CIOS REV 10 INSTALLER" and chose network install and install it.

3. insert a USB drive in to the Wii.

4. run "SDUSB-Loader_1.5" from the HBC.

5. now select USB Device and press A

6. chose the drive that you want to use with the USB Loader.

7. wen the hard rive is formated you you may want to add some games..

8. press + to add a game.

9. insert a Burned disc ore a normal Wii game in to the Wii and it will copy it over to the Hard rive.

10. wen done chose the game and press A to play.

if you dont what to go to the HBC every time you want to play a Backup you can do this..

-- WAD_Manager_v1.3 --

(What is a wad file ?.. a wad file is most often a channel that you can install on the Wii system like a VC game ore a WiiWare game)

1. run the "WAD_Manager_v1.3" in the HBC.

2. press A.

3. chose one of the files and press + and then A to install the wad. (install them both) and wen you are done press (home)

4. you are now on the HBC menu.. press (home) and then exit.

5. you should have 2 new channels on your Wii menu. you can use then to run the USB Loader ore the Backup Loader :)

To Burn Backups Use the ImgBurn.exe file I sent, change the stuff after the . to .exe like it says..

Then it says burn on lowest DVD rotation. I burn on whatever I want.

Also if you want DVDX, you'll have to install the DVDX wad and mplayer wad from the SDfiles I sent you. Basically you'll just use everything in the Homebrew file I sent.

You will also need to download WINRAR to open the files.

Well that looks very simple Piece of cake. Just kidding. I need to get my Zelda game back and all I have is a 256 MB SD card for now. I bought the WII because of Zelda when it came out, but I don't know if I still have a save. I am gonna check it right now.

I started vacation when you started helping me. I am out of state for a few more days which is where I got my old Zelda game back. My SD card is ready to go as soon as I get back. Ive been doing a lot of reading and was able to to look at the Wii Brew hack as well. I have to say Your tutorial is more informative and has all the extra software you need to take care of business, such as playing Movies and music ETC. I still have to educate myself on how to backup games I already own. That's where I am at now and will be busy with all the other steps as soon as I get home on Friday.

I started vacation when you started helping me. I am out of state for a few more days which is where I got my old Zelda game back. My SD card is ready to go as soon as I get back. Ive been doing a lot of reading and was able to to look at the Wii Brew hack as well. I have to say Your tutorial is more informative and has all the extra software you need to take care of business, such as playing Movies and music ETC. I still have to educate myself on how to backup games I already own. That's where I am at now and will be busy with all the other steps as soon as I get home on Friday.

you can only do it on certain drives.. more than likey it won't work. You can back up to USB, buts its not illegal to download a backup of a game you own.