Willbar’s Cinema Room Build 2020

Damn man, that is some nice home cinema!! Great work and really good taste.

And thanks that you rotated the pics for us non-aussies :rofl:

Thanks mate :thumbs: Pay off was well worth it a lot of planning and research involved without trying to make any crucial compromises, just very thankful I have an awesome builder who made all this possible.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: What can I say we live in a upside down backwards world down here in Aus :LOL:

1597590084874.gif

Congratulations @willbar84 that's a great accomplishment and one heck of a cinema room! I also love how tidy and organized your collection is presented. Resonates very well with my taste. But get rid of those pesky stickers on your Marantz AVR, please. ;)
Just one question: A 77" TV is huge, but with the available wall space, why didn't you go for a screen and projector? Or will this be a future addition?

Put me down for an own home cinema, too! Sadly I can't see it happening anytime soon (or even later).

Thank you mate :happy: this house always had potential so it was just a case of making the best use of space considering how many support posts and beams we had to hide in the design of it all. As my collection grew and grew I had to concede and show more spines but now I have the extra space it’s great to forward face steelbooks again as some especially in a collection deserve to be shown in all their glory. :LOL: I was waiting for someone to notice that I left the stickers on the Marantz I have a bad habit of that and don’t remove them until I’m completely 100% satisfied that it’s in its forever home and after this weekend I’m very smitten with how well the Marantz brings out the best in my Atmos setup. You will be pleased to know stickers have been removed.

77” Sony OLED was honestly the only choice for me as personally if price isn’t of concern it’s the best 4K HDR Dolby Vision Tv you can buy bar none. I have a 65” Sony A9F OLED in the main living room and that’s only after going through countless 4k Tv’s from 2016 - 2019 due to Quality control or not cutting the grade for wanting the absolute best in Picture Quality especially when it comes to 4K HDR. So a projector was never going to cut it for me even if I could have had a much larger screen size for me the trade off is not worth it. Plus I already reap the rewards of immersion factor sitting 7ft 7inches away getting the full benefit of 4K as well, so it’s a win win.

Last edited:
I can't believe you can't buy a 3D 4K TV new anymore. Yet they continue to release the discs. Doesn't make sense.

(And before everyone says 3D is dead, there should be the option at least).

Currently rewatching a bunch of Disneys in 3D with my 9 Yr old girl and we're enjoying them. Frozen II and Tangled are good, Brave not so much!!

I can't believe you can't buy a 3D 4K TV new anymore. Yet they continue to release the discs. Doesn't make sense.

(And before everyone says 3D is dead, there should be the option at least).

Currently rewatching a bunch of Disneys in 3D with my 9 Yr old girl and we're enjoying them. Frozen II and Tangled are good, Brave not so much!!

Late 2017 / Early 2018 seems to be when it got phased out completely with 3D 4K TVs it’s a shame as I quite enjoyed watching selective 3D movies (as some were hit and miss) with the family but these days 3D is only being supported in projectors where it’s best suited I guess. In saying that though it should still be an option like you say as not everyone can allow for a projector setup.

Holy f**k @willbar84 this is amazing. Great work, looks beautiful

this is also a wish of mine but it probably won’t happen lol but this is excellent. I feel
Inspired

• Friendly
Reactions: willbar84
Holy f**k @willbar84 this is amazing. Great work, looks beautiful

this is also a wish of mine but it probably won’t happen lol but this is excellent. I feel
Inspired

Thank you for the very kind words :happy::thumbs: feeling very broke ‘n’ exhausted from it all but well worth it in the end. Took many years of planning, dreaming and saving so hopefully one day it will happen for you as well :)

Reactions: Flloydo
Looks absolutely brilliant mate :thumbs: Definitely something that I’d love to do in the future.

• Friendly
Thank you for the very kind words :happy::thumbs: feeling very broke ‘n’ exhausted from it all but well worth it in the end. Took many years of planning, dreaming and saving so hopefully one day it will happen for you as well :)

I bet. But honestly mate it looks great.
In true Essex form...... I’m well Jel