• Without a doubt, I will NOT upgrade!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Who here is interested in Windows 10 that will be releasing as a FREE upgrade to Windows 8.1 & Windows 7? This OS looks wickedly sweet. If you see a Window icon down in your system tray 'Click It' and you can sign up to receive it free when it releases and it will automatically download and wait for you to install it at a time that is right for you.
Win10_2.jpg

Here's a screenshot of what pops up when clicked on.
Win10_1.jpg
I found a video demo of a early release on YT.

Here's a YT video on Windows 10 and Project Spartan, the new Internet browser that will replace Internet Explorer.

Anyways share your input positive or negative on Windows 10.

I've been thinking about upgrading, but they say the free version will be missing certain things.I don't know which but it won't be the full version.Ms needs to clear a few things up before July 29th.

I've been thinking about upgrading, but they say the free version will be missing certain things.I don't know which but it won't be the full version.Ms needs to clear a few things up before July 29th.

I wondered if that would be the case, but according to the 'get windows 10' system tray notification, it's not

windows 10.PNG

Reactions: Lone Crusader
If anyone has the time and is interested there is the Microsoft Windows 10 Event January 2015 Presentation. It is 2 hours, 20 minutes long though but you'll get the full scoop.

it is full version and also for win 7. not only 8.1.

Reactions: C.C. 95
I upgraded my Dell Venue8 to Windows 10 preview and although it was as buggy as hell, I thought that it had great potential, I just home that they improve the tablet part as it was a little bit too desktop for my liking.

Reserved my copy a few days ago & got a confirmation email through today.
I'm currently on Windows 7 Ultimate, I didn't upgrade to 8/8.1 because I simply couldn't stand it whenever I used it.

My main reasons for upgrading to windows 10 are:
- DX12 (yay, gaming improvements!)
- Continued updates (Win 7 SP1 has already got to the end of 'mainstream' support)
- The UI now looks more usable.

Depends.

If M$ changes the update procedure with the official release, I'll upgrade. I do NOT like the automatic updating that is currently used.
Actually if you read the description it says that you can either be notified of it's release and then download it or you can choose to have it automatically download and install it whenever your ready to install it.

Almost forgot!

I'll need to see that EULA for the Win 10 final before installing as well. I have refused to install any software other than Chrome and Firefox on my Insider Win 10 drive, due to the keylogger that M$ has built in.

@vläd the keylogger can be deactivated :)

And what's wrong with the KBXXXXXXX updates? :)

Care to elaborate on how to deactivate the keylogger?

As as for the updates, 2 issues;
  1. Where's the 'hide' option?
  2. Virtually no way to choose which updates to install, (unless your running the enterprise version).

I meant the updates for the OS after the Win 10 install, you know the KBXXXXXXX updates?
Why would they do that after the distaer of the KB3004394 update? I actually had no idea about that for months after it happened. I only got rid of it after researching problems I was having in February!