Windows 11

Space Cadet

[Far above the moon]
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
...Coming soon to a PC near you !

MV5BYzA1ZDY4MTItNDA4Ni00YjEzLThjN2YtYzUwYjFjM2VjYTYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDgyNzAxMzY@._V1_.jpg

Reactions: hatredhorror
I saw a review where they say it's geared more towards the mobile enthusiast, a lot of the features you lose on your desktop PC because most don't have touch screens. I usually jump in right away when a new OS hits but this time around I'm waiting it out. Why is this even releasing to begin with, Gates said that Win10 was going to be the last OS and that they'd just keep improving it. so much for that notion. Also it's taken a lot of the characteristics of Mac OS and now throwing everything center screen. Which is good in some ways where you have everything more readily available to you and quicker to access but I sure hope they give us the option to tuck a lot of that extra crap to the side. I've always appreciated that the windows interface was to the side, this will definitely take some getting used to. Also I wonder how expensive it'll be this time, I sure hope not too terribly so.

Reactions: hatredhorror
Judging by the specs required, this is Microsoft forcing everyone to upgrade their hardware. Guessing it will be another vista and Windows 8

Judging by the specs required, this is Microsoft forcing everyone to upgrade their hardware. Guessing it will be another vista and Windows 8
Yeah it looks that way, I have a AMD Ryzen 7 1800X which is not supported. :(
Although, I'd only have to upgrade my CPU, the motherboard and CPU cooler are both compatible with a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X which is supported by Windows 11. I'll probably do that here in a few months since I was already considering that to begin with.

Last edited:
I
Yeah it looks that way, I have a AMD Ryzen 7 1800X which is not supported. :(
Although, I'd only have to upgrade my CPU, the motherboard and CPU cooler are both compatible with a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X which is supported by Windows 11. I'll probably do that here in a few months since I was already considering that to begin with.
I believe specs will/May change,, already seeing a truck load of Incompatible posts by people with recent builds.
TPM 2.0 seems to be main issue.
Can fix for less than 20 if your mobo supports it.
My Asus Hero X from 2017, has a header, for example.

Anyway, many months to go yet... A lot could change so wouldn't rush or panic.
An Win10 will tick along anyway.

After poor/dangerous updates for Win10, no reason to be in a hurry...

I believe specs will/May change,, already seeing a truck load of Incompatible posts by people with recent builds.
TPM 2.0 seems to be main issue.
Can fix for less than 20 if your mobo supports it.
My Asus Hero X from 2017, has a header, for example.
That's because a lot of folks' motherboards don't have a TPM header, I sport the Gigabyte AX370-Gaming 5 which does and they also have their own TPM header keys to plug into them. Like this is for mine.
500.png

No panic here, mines covered because the AMD CPU has it integrated and it's already enabled on my motherboard so I won't even need to buy that header key. :) When it comes time I'll be ready.
AMD CPU fTPM
Enables or disables the TPM 2.0 function integrated in the AMD CPU. (Default: Enabled)

Last edited:
Reactions: jailbird_joey
via Tom's Hardware

Windows 11 Causes TPM Shortages, Scalping​

Windows 11 is Microsoft's first operating system to require a TPM, or Trusted Platform Module, sending frantic would-be upgraders to online retailers in search of hardware modules. Demand has exploded overnight as users try to nab a TPM as quickly as possible to ensure their PC is compatible with the new operating system, but the market is rough. In some cases, TPMs that sold for $15 are now as high as $100 through eBay.

The TPM market has largely imploded overnight, with nearly all modules being completely out of stock. Some TPMs are still available, but they're only available at significantly higher pricing. Scalping is already taking hold, just like we currently see in many other areas of the PC market. Whip in the ongoing chip shortages that could make timely restocks more of a dream than a reality, and we could see a prolonged period of TPM shortages set in.

The good news is that the physical module will be optional on most systems, thanks to all modern Intel and AMD CPUs featuring a firmware-based TPM that operates inside the chips' trusted execution environment. If you have a motherboard that supports CPU-based TPM, you can turn it on via the UEFI/BIOS.

Each motherboard marker typically sells a specific TPM that will work with most, or all, of its motherboards. If you're on the hunt for a physical TPM to get Windows 11 support, here's what the market looks like.

• Informative
Reactions: WKRP
via Tom's Hardware

Windows 11 Causes TPM Shortages, Scalping​

Windows 11 is Microsoft's first operating system to require a TPM, or Trusted Platform Module, sending frantic would-be upgraders to online retailers in search of hardware modules. Demand has exploded overnight as users try to nab a TPM as quickly as possible to ensure their PC is compatible with the new operating system, but the market is rough. In some cases, TPMs that sold for $15 are now as high as $100 through eBay.

The TPM market has largely imploded overnight, with nearly all modules being completely out of stock. Some TPMs are still available, but they're only available at significantly higher pricing. Scalping is already taking hold, just like we currently see in many other areas of the PC market. Whip in the ongoing chip shortages that could make timely restocks more of a dream than a reality, and we could see a prolonged period of TPM shortages set in.

The good news is that the physical module will be optional on most systems, thanks to all modern Intel and AMD CPUs featuring a firmware-based TPM that operates inside the chips' trusted execution environment. If you have a motherboard that supports CPU-based TPM, you can turn it on via the UEFI/BIOS.

Each motherboard marker typically sells a specific TPM that will work with most, or all, of its motherboards. If you're on the hunt for a physical TPM to get Windows 11 support, here's what the market looks like.

yeah - obviously expected -
many will regret it.
A truly great misfire for MS - and retaliation will mean they will change it -

That's because a lot of folks' motherboards don't have a TPM header, I sport the Gigabyte AX370-Gaming 5 which does and they also have their own TPM header keys to plug into them. Like this is for mine.
View attachment 509766

No panic here, mines covered because the AMD CPU has it integrated and it's already enabled on my motherboard so I won't even need to buy that header key. :) When it comes time I'll be ready.
Maybe i misread - or maybe you found out since,, but you seem sorted now, when i thought you weren't.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Man I am just a click away from ordering the AMD Ryzen 7 3700x processor and some MX-4 thermal paste but idk. I don’t know if I wanna do this or not. That processor is almost $300 and I don’t know if I wanna spend that much right now.