(Winner Chosen) Laserdisc Giveaway!! Cliffhanger Japan Squeeze Edition

Bruckle

Laserdisc Collection Award
Premium Supporter
Mar 6, 2015
Japan
Any of you guys still have any laserdiscs? Well if you do, here's your chance to get one more! :D
image.jpg
This is a Japanese Squeeze edition of Cliffhanger.

Im sure anyone who was into LDs back in the day has heard of the somewhat rare Squeeze titles.

For those unfamiliar, you can read all about squeeze laserdiscs here:kiss:

Anyway, I'm giving this copy away :thumbs:

All you have to do to win is still have at least one laserdisc in your house somewhere. I'm hoping you have hundreds cause they're cool, but you must have at least one and post a picture of it. No laserdiscs, no entry.

RULES:

1 entry per laserdisc holding member. But if you still have a laserdisc player (and a picture of it) you rule!!! And I'll give you two chances in the draw.

Please post a pic of anyone laserdisc that you might still have (pic of collection is also fine)

As this is my first give away I'll also throw in FREE worldwide shipping!!

Winner will be chosen in a week on Radom.org (that is if there is actually more than one entry! :meh:)

Oh and lastly if you win, do me a favour and don't head straight to eBay/lddb to sell it. I'll know!!:bored:

So come on! Some of you guys must still have a few Laserdiscs about!! Give me a pic!!

EDIT: I'd also appreciate a like for Disney Laserdiscs here

Last edited:
I think they used new prints at the time and it's chapter encoded better. There are at least 3 other pressings that are superior to the USA and Japanese pressings. The Box set of Jason and the Argonauts, The Star Trek Movie Collection (As far as First Contact) and Jumanji special edition. And other pressing which did not suffer from disc rot like Air Force One. By and large the NTSC pressings were better but once in a while we get the better pressing.

• Informative
Reactions: Bruckle
Don't get me wrong I love blu-ray and a lot of the pressing are clearly better than any standard definition pressings but not always....... The CAV laserdisc can be a case in point....

Don't get me wrong I love blu-ray and a lot of the pressing are clearly better than any standard definition pressings but not always....... The CAV laserdisc can be a case in point....
Certainly can go either way. Just watched who framed Roger Rabbit back to back on Blu then LD (got through almost the whole film on blu but then my wife decided she wanted to watch it, and only the LD I have came wit the necessary jpn subtitles)
The bluray was far superior to the LD on that one imo.
But then the other way, isn't there a number of release where only the LD has the original soundtrack theatre mix or closes picture etc? The Matrix is one of those I think. Where the green tint on the laserdisc is closer to the theatre release where as the DVD and bluray are a bit off? Or something like that anyway. @Lollard2002 probably can explain it better than I lol

Reactions: bd251
It's to do with encoding. Analogue is not compressed so you see all the subtle shades and hues as as well as full frames. Digital has it's own colour palette and does tend to vary from film to film. A lot of complaints about the "teal" look on a lot of modern blu-rays because of the way encoding is done. The only way round it is uncompressed digital and that is not going to happen!

• Informative
Ok so after a week we've got two people with pics of laserdiscs lol :rofl:
@bobino66 and @bcdavis9958 thanks for keeping the LD scene alive my friends!!:thumbs:

Now let's do this thing. You both get two chances as you posted a pic of your laserdisc player.

1. bobino66
2. bobino66
3. bcdavis9958
4. bcdavis9958

image.jpg

The winner of a sweet Cliffhanger squeezed laserdisc is @bcdavis9958!!

Congratulations to you sir:):):)

Last edited:
Reactions: rodtp
literally had no spare time to get into the loft and take pics of my collection in storage but congrats to the winner though! :)